PDA

View Full Version : Preferred Enemy

Blueshift
23-01-2008, 05:49
There is a rumor that Preferred Enemy is a lot better now.

I was just curious... who has it?

Anyone care to list any models with this USR off the top of your head?

Warboss Grabsnikk
23-01-2008, 06:07
I found the new leaked 5th Edition rulebook on the net and lets say there are improvements to lots of things and yes the preferred enemy rule is better now. Can't say anything more than that sorry.

pookie
23-01-2008, 10:31
Tyhco has it for a start, and as his WS 5 people thought it was strange, maybe if the rumours are right thats why he got it.

azimaith
23-01-2008, 10:32
Preferred enemy is no better now that it was yesterday. Its rumored to improve in 5th ed.

Who has it:
Any guard regiment with xenos fighter regiment particular to chosen enemy.
Any space marine army purge the xenos (or something similar) to chosen xeno enemy.

D-99 has it for Tyranids.
Any tyranid within 2" of a model with feeder tendrils (or possessing feeder tendrils) gets it against any enemy its up against.

Imperial guard get it against any gue'va forces.

Ultramarine Tyrannic war vets get it against nids.

The UnNamed One
23-01-2008, 23:00
It is rumored to improve in 5th edition.

It is rumored to let you re-roll misses in close combat.

Acheron,Bringer of Terror
23-01-2008, 23:07
dante have it.

Blueshift
24-01-2008, 00:42
Alright i guess i should've been a little more specific in my last post:

WHO HAS PREFERRED ENEMY?

ankara halla
24-01-2008, 00:47
Allready answered in this thread.

Except that Dante doesn't have it.

Baltar
24-01-2008, 01:07
Its not super common, but its pretty awesome for Guard in the right circumstances. I think best value is Xenos Fighters Eldar, gives you preferred enemy against Eldar and Dark Eldar.

Bunnahabhain
24-01-2008, 01:21
Xenos-fighters Training mission, ie Marine Fighters, would be good

Baltar
24-01-2008, 01:31
Xenos-fighters Training mission, ie Marine Fighters, would be good

That would be sort of sick and ridiculous though.

Dantès
24-01-2008, 01:50
Its not super common, but its pretty awesome for Guard in the right circumstances. I think best value is Xenos Fighters Eldar, gives you preferred enemy against Eldar and Dark Eldar.

Best value is actually the Xeno-Fighters: All Of The Above

Scharnhorst
24-01-2008, 02:22
do sisters of battle celestians still have it?

Baltar
24-01-2008, 02:57
do sisters of battle celestians still have it?

Yes, but, as with XF it isn't technically the USR "Preferred Enemy"

51g15mund
24-01-2008, 02:59
my black templars can get it against ANY enemy in close combat, granted i pay +50pts for it for my emperor's champion. that includes marines, necrons, guard, eldar, daemon hunters, etc. it cannot be used against independent characters or monstrous creatures however.

edit: this includes all infantry (except for neophytes) in my army. Initiates, terminators, dreadnaughts all benefit from this rule.

Dantès
24-01-2008, 06:39
my black templars can get it against ANY enemy in close combat, granted i pay +50pts for it for my emperor's champion. that includes marines, necrons, guard, eldar, daemon hunters, etc. it cannot be used against independent characters or monstrous creatures however.

edit: this includes all infantry (except for neophytes) in my army. Initiates, terminators, dreadnaughts all benefit from this rule.

BT are gonna be quite nasty if the Preffered Enemy new rule is true (re-roll all hits)

MrBigMr
24-01-2008, 11:25
Doesn't all Imperial forces get Preferred Enemy againts Gue'la auxiliaries?

And lets not forget the Farsight enclave, which has Orks as their enemy of choice.

Firaxin
24-01-2008, 14:14
Gue'la are... Tau?

Since when do IG get preferred enemy against these people 100% of the time?

BajsArne
24-01-2008, 14:18
Gue'la ar tau human auxilaries, not that common.

Grazzy
24-01-2008, 16:30
BT are gonna be quite nasty if the Preffered Enemy new rule is true (re-roll all hits)

Oooooh, i didnt think of that. 50 points is a great buy for an entire army.

da_boy
24-01-2008, 16:33
you know, ive never under stood, at least background wise
why imperium forces don't get PE: chaos

Scharnhorst
24-01-2008, 17:03
you know, ive never under stood, at least background wise
why imperium forces don't get PE: chaos

I think its because the majority of the imperial guard fight heretical humans or some small ork infestation or never even see combat in their lifetimes. Most guardsmen rarely ever see chaos.

da_boy
24-01-2008, 17:05
Well, thats very true acually

Marines should be able to get it though

I think its because the majority of the imperial guard fight heretical humans or some small ork infestation or never even see combat in their lifetimes. Most guardsmen rarely ever see chaos.

MrBigMr
24-01-2008, 19:13
Gue'la are... Tau?

Since when do IG get preferred enemy against these people 100% of the time?
http://uk.games-workshop.com/tau/tau%2Dauxiliaries/
Traitors: Although the humans who have joined the Tau empire bear no ill-will towards their former compatriots, the same can not be said of Imperial troops fighting the auxiliaries. Imperial troops will always hit a Gue'vesa on a roll of 3+ in close combat, regardless of relative Weapon Skill.

This is due to that a Chaos traitor isn't totally in control of himself. He is corrupted by the Dark Powers and can be redeemed. But there is no salvation to those who abandon the Emperor from their own free will.

Kulgur
24-01-2008, 21:19
Farsight enclave get PE against Orks
If a Tau Etheral dies, all Tau units that haven't legged it get PE
There's IG doctrines for PE against each type of xenos

Those are the ones I can think of off the top of my head

MorningLightMountain
24-01-2008, 21:24
I think Space Wolves and Thousand Sons have preferred enemy when they're fighting each other. Old grudges :D

I think Lictors have some sort of effect too? I don't have that codex myself but they either have it all the time against whomever they're fighting, or they may even pass that on to Nid units within a certain distance?

Imperial Guard can have it against any Xenos race, but they MUST be modeled as such, so you can't just call Preferred Enemy against whoever your game happens to be against.

Marius Xerxes
24-01-2008, 21:28
Dante gives it to all BA within 12" of him.

Templar-Sun
24-01-2008, 23:31
I'm no math whiz but I think our BT's will have a 75% chance to hit now, up from 66... I'll take it.

Templar-Sun

Chaplain Nikolai
24-01-2008, 23:35
Space Wolves get it against Thousand Sons and Dark Angels, and vice versa I believe.

AllisterCaine
25-01-2008, 04:09
Totally wouldnt mind that, but i think preferred enemy is already a bit overpowered, especially with the current guard codex.

sabreu
25-01-2008, 04:11
Preferred enemy is only overpowered when people don't make their models associated with the skill. :p

logosloki
25-01-2008, 05:12
Preferred enemy needs to be updated anyway. currently you can get it against only orks, eldar and tyrannids I think. There are some special characters that do otherwise.

I agree with the lack of modeling. Remember people you need to show that they are better at killing such and such.

As for the preferred enemy imperials get against human auxiliaries. all I can say is that they're bad enough as it it, did you really need to kill them like that?

Preferred enemy was bad for farsight, the army went from slight CC advantage to helpful against orks but otherwise useless, and you still have all the restrictions, how come you can take !@#$ kroot when it says in their fluff they'll work for anyone??!!

sabreu
25-01-2008, 05:13
yeah, that is wierd. Kroot merc army could theoritically be considered a second 'tau empire' codex if it weren't for that little kicker.

25-01-2008, 06:21
Allready answered in this thread.

Except that Dante doesn't have it.

Inspiring. Dante is renowned for personally
leading formations of Blood Angels Assault
Marines in unstoppable assaults. His
presence inspires these troops to acts of
valor that are extraordinary even for Space
Marines. As such, if Dante is included in a
Blood Angels army, then any friendly unit
of Blood Angels within 12" of him counts
its opponents as a preferred enemy.

do you want more proof that dante is linked with PE ?

ankara halla
25-01-2008, 06:59
What you said is "dante have it", not that Dante is linked to it.
As it stands, Dante does not have it, it reads so right there. Then again, with the Axe Mortalis he doesn't need it.

Thomas Mackabee
25-01-2008, 08:04
Is there or will there be any races that will have preffered enemy to or against Necrons?

big squig
25-01-2008, 08:23
What you said is "dante have it", not that Dante is linked to it.
As it stands, Dante does not have it, it reads so right there. Then again, with the Axe Mortalis he doesn't need it.
But isn't Dante a friendly blood angels model within 12"? He's 0" away from himself.

azimaith
25-01-2008, 08:32
Is there or will there be any races that will have preffered enemy to or against Necrons?

Imperial guard can have it as well as space marines.

DarthSte
25-01-2008, 08:42
Crimson Fists have it against Orks. Celestians and 'Nids with Feeder Tendrils have it against whatever they are fighting.

ankara halla
25-01-2008, 08:59
But isn't Dante a friendly blood angels model within 12"? He's 0" away from himself.

Wouldn't he have the "Preferred Enemy" USR if he had it himself? Also, the rule says "friendly unit", not "friendly model".
Anyway, with his axe he get's the same benefit (as in 5th edition) so he has absolutely no use to have preferred enemy himself.

big squig
25-01-2008, 09:05
Wouldn't he have the "Preferred Enemy" USR if he had it himself? Also, the rule says "friendly unit", not "friendly model".
Anyway, with his axe he get's the same benefit (as in 5th edition) so he has absolutely no use to have preferred enemy himself.
An independent character is a unit.
As for his lacking the USR, I don't know. It's a WD codex, not a book. It's not really finished.
But, if the PE rules for 5th ed are true...then you're right, it really doesn't matter.

25-01-2008, 10:06
well - corbulo dont have FC in his rules also...