PDA

View Full Version : did Thorek Ironbrow get banned?

Maximus Lucifer
23-01-2008, 19:04
did he get banned at UK GT? or have i imagined the whole thing...?
if it is so could i get a link to somewhere official about that?:p

Wolfmother
23-01-2008, 19:06
no his rules got changed(correct me if im wrong) to him either being able to do the magic missile or stop the units from moving! i think???

ehlijen
23-01-2008, 19:11
I thought all they did was change his reroll to be one use only?

Maximus Lucifer
23-01-2008, 19:14
ive searched the GT part on the UK GW site and found nothing

snyggejygge
23-01-2008, 20:57
Changed re-roll to be one use only (which was what GW had intended for from the start, but it got wrong in the printings somewhere, I blame Gav, that sneaky dwarf player...)

Wargamejunkie
23-01-2008, 22:22
Is there some official ruling on this? If so where do we find it.

EvC
23-01-2008, 22:58
UKGT ruling here:
http://warhammerworld.typepad.com/warhammer_world_news/files/wfb_house_rules_v1.9.pdf

Maximus Lucifer
23-01-2008, 23:50
thanks EVC youre the man :)

silashand
24-01-2008, 05:55
I blame Gav, that sneaky dwarf player...)

Except that he didn't write the current Dwarf book... ;)

Cheers, Gary

Maximus Lucifer
24-01-2008, 10:14
but he is still a sneaky Dwarf player :p ;)

mistformsquirrel
24-01-2008, 11:45
He went all Ninja-Dwarf and threatened the printers >.>

... Dammit... *idea*

Grimtuff
24-01-2008, 12:22
Is there some official ruling on this? If so where do we find it.

Regardless, it's not offical. This is a ruling for a single (UK) tournament. Nothing more.

Dendo Star
24-01-2008, 12:26
Regardless, it's not offical. This is a ruling for a single (UK) tournament. Nothing more.

Be careful, now. GW stores here in the US (such as the GB Battle Bunker) also use the "revamped" Thorek rules of only a single re-roll per game. I personally would also not play a Thorek-list here in the US unless the opponent used the "revamped re-roll" rule.

Grimtuff
24-01-2008, 12:35
Be careful, now. GW stores here in the US (such as the GB Battle Bunker) also use the "revamped" Thorek rules of only a single re-roll per game. I personally would also not play a Thorek-list here in the US unless the opponent used the "revamped re-roll" rule.

Seeing as I neither live in the US nor attend tournaments I fail to see how this affects me. Were I to come across a Thorek army in casual play, I would instigate my number one rule (see my sig) ;)

Ward.
24-01-2008, 13:07
Seeing as I neither live in the US nor attend tournaments I fail to see how this affects me. Were I to come across a Thorek army in casual play, I would instigate my number one rule (see my sig) ;)

Haha, that'll teach him, see how he likes his thorek after some space marines have had a crack at him :eek::;):angel:

Hope the local thorek player hasn't heard it's US tournaments, he's been using the one re-role for a while now.

Grimtuff
24-01-2008, 13:26
Haha, that'll teach him, see how he likes his thorek after some space marines have had a crack at him :eek::;):angel:

I meant the quote above it...... :p

silashand
24-01-2008, 13:37

Some stores may, not all do. Also, the change is absolutely *not* used in the US tournament circuit at the moment and probably won't be unless the next FAQ includes it (most Indy's don't seem to allow SCs anyway). Regardless what some people claim was the intent, the wording in the Dwarf book is quite clear that it is not one-use only. IYAM I think some people are just trying to make it seem like this was always the intent because of the uproar over it. Personally, I doubt it.

And no, I don't use Thorek. I have never in 15 years used any special characters period :).

Cheers, Gary