Master of Mortals
Might of Khorne
Spell Breaker
Soul Hunger

Aspiring Champion (HW and Shield M)
Mark of Khorne
BSB
Warbanner

Exalted Champion (On the spot placement)
Mark of Khorne
Beserker Sword

Marauders x 24
Light Armour
Shields
Full Command

Marauders x 24
Full Command
Great Weapons

Marauders x 24
Flails
Full Command

Marauder Horsemen x 5
Flails
Standard and Musician

Marauder Horsemen x 5
Flails
Standard and Musician

Spawn
Mark of Khorne

Spawn
Mark of Khorne

Warhounds x 5

Marauder Chariots (HoC) x 2
Mark of Khorne

EvC
23-01-2008, 21:01
Guess thems aint gonna be Spawns of Slaanesh ;)

You really don't need two Exalted Champions, I'd get rid of one, maybe add a Chariot instead?

logan054
23-01-2008, 21:20
the army isnt legal, it requires 3 core units, daemons are your core, mortals are special.

bigbear bailey
23-01-2008, 23:20
Damn you logan I was going to say that!

THe highest leadership is always the general so the leadership 9 falls to the blood thirster... I would take 3 small units of blood letters for flanking and make a army out of your special and rare slots...

I hate that they make the Greater deamons so hard to use... Damn you GW, DAMN YOU!!!

Leogun_91
24-01-2008, 10:51
And as a bonus you canīt let your spawns be slaneeshi either. Just change two mortal units to some bloodletters aswell as the marks of your spawns and you should be fine.

Neknoh
24-01-2008, 11:08
Spawns cannot have marks, they can be different kinds of spawns, but they cannot have marks. I would also drop the crown from the Exalted in favour of something to make him more killy. In fact, drop the Amulett off your second Exalted as well, more killyness is better than protectyness for Khornate champions. You could even drop the two Exalteds altogether and put a unit of Dragon Ogres or a Giant in there from the Beasts of Chaos to add some REAL hitting power appart from your Bloodthirster. If not, keep the Exalteds, give one of them the Collar of Khorne and the Helmet of Many Eyes allong with an Additional Handweapon, give the otherone the Enchanted Shield and the Sword of Striking, 2+ to hit basic troops with 5 strength 5 attacks is plain mean.

Swap one Marauder Horsemen unit for another unit of Flesh Hounds and you're set. Then you have 4 Mortal units (3 on foot, 1 on horseback). And you'll have 2 units of Fleshhounds and 1 unit of Furies to make up your core.

Leogun_91
24-01-2008, 11:40
Spawns cannot have marks, they can be different kinds of spawns, but they cannot have marks.
I know but the differnt kinds works just like marks in all aspect except that they are not named marks.

Neknoh
24-01-2008, 12:29
And furthermore, they do NOT grant bonuses to the army as a whole, the original poster have Spawns of Slaanesh with the Mark of Khorne.

This would give the Fiends of Slaanesh Frenzy AND cause them to add +1 dispell dice to the pool. Which is NOT how spawns work

logan054
24-01-2008, 12:48
The army still is illegal, it has 5 special choices, 3 units of marauders and 2 marauder horsemen, i think the best way to do a daemon led army really to either go with:

1) exalted daemon with master of mortals
2) daemon prince with master of mortals

This way you can still fit in all the marauder units you and have the beastman chariots to represent marauder chariots.

Greater daemons really are not greatest investment in such a small game, you better with a dragon (which again isnt needed at 2k).

Also i dont think its ever a good idea to nearly spend half your points on characters with chaos, i think most you should need is 25% of your points (so really two exalted). You can easily make a daemon prince as good as bloodthirster by giving him the same equipment + soul hunger (minus collar of course, far to overpriced for daemons).

Neknoh
24-01-2008, 12:53
My suggestion WOULD make it legal

Drop one unit of Marauder Horsemen, add one unit of Fleshhounds

logan054
24-01-2008, 13:02
My suggestion WOULD make it legal

Drop one unit of Marauder Horsemen, add one unit of Fleshhounds

I didnt say your suggestion didnt make it legal, i was talking about the list in its current state and suggesting a idea that would

1) free up points
2) keep the idea of a daemon general

Seeing how unless you use a SoC list daemons, you dont really have the greatest selection of core troops to choice from, my idea however allows him to add back things like a marauder chariot conversions (from beast chariots), he can still use a bloodthirster if he really likes as a daemon prince, just giving the guy other options :P

Neknoh
24-01-2008, 13:34
Problem here being that Daemonprinces are a lot easier to deal with than Bloodthirsters due to the DP's not being Large Targets and as such being baiteable. Furthermore, strength and attacks of a Daemonprince are less than those of a Boodthirster.

Also, I don't think the idea is a daemon general, but rather the idea being that of fielding a Greater Daemon. Which is what I am trying to preserve here. Fleshhounds coupled with Furies makes for a very nice daemonic Core that will still act as actual Support units arround the three Marauder Blocks. Besides, with a Mortal Core, 3 blocks of Marauders and a unit of Marauder Horsemen is about what would be fielded and then two or three units of Daemons coupled with a Chariot for Special, not much difference there I'd say. I say let's help him field his Bloodthirster shall we?

logan054
24-01-2008, 13:44
Problem here being that Daemonprinces are a lot easier to deal with than Bloodthirsters due to the DP's not being Large Targets and as such being baiteable. Furthermore, strength and attacks of a Daemonprince are less than those of a Boodthirster.

This is not correct, it actually easier to control a daemon prince that it is a bloodthirster for the very reason you said, its not a large, this allows you to screen the unit far better. A strength of 6 with killing blow and soul hunger is still far better than what the bloodthirster has for the simple reason on turn one you should be hitting with all you attacks (which also increases the chances of a killing blow).

on top of this the daemon prince has a extra dispel dice rather than magic resistance which is generally better for a character, magic resistance is generaly better for unit. Also the Daemon prince has the option to be made how you like so you can just do might of khorne, soul hunger and blade of ether for example which again will be far more powerful that what the bloodthirster has to other, its a brillant combo for deal with T4 heavily armoured units (such as black knights).

Also, I don't think the idea is a daemon general, but rather the idea being that of fielding a Greater Daemon. Which is what I am trying to preserve here. Fleshhounds coupled with Furies makes for a very nice daemonic Core that will still act as actual Support units arround the three Marauder Blocks. Besides, with a Mortal Core, 3 blocks of Marauders and a unit of Marauder Horsemen is about what would be fielded and then two or three units of Daemons coupled with a Chariot for Special, not much difference there I'd say. I say let's help him field his Bloodthirster shall we?

However by keeping the bloodthirster you sacrifice much of the marauder side of the army, personally i think taking chariots give the army better options and makes it a more all round army giving it far better ways of dealing with armies such as HE.

At the end of the day i just offered advice which he is free to use which i felt would keep the general look of the army rather than just one model.

Neknoh
24-01-2008, 13:55
However, baiting a model that has flying and is not a Large target is a lot easier than baiting a model that is a Large Target. This is due to the fact that a Large Target can easely charge over the baiters and charge anything within 20", if one feels that the Thirster is too easy to bait on turn 1 (IMOE, it isn't), one can always moonwalk him. For a Daemonprince, you will have to move your screeners, giving the opponent one turn of free baiting.

As for a Daemon, I'd say MR2 is a lot better than +1 dispell dice, since the Wardsave wont work against magic, and a lot of people will be targeting destructive magic at your general.

And it isn't sacrificing that much of the overall Marauder theme of the army by fielding a Bloodthirster, however, the additional 400 or so points invested in Exalted champions does take quite the toll on the ammount of points you have to spend. Dropping one or both would give him suficient points to add more Marauders to his allready existing units. Something I think the army would benefit from in general.

Dropping one Exalted Champion would give him close to 200 points, allowing for adding 5 Marauders to each unit (except for the Horsemen) whilst he also would have to drop one Horsemen unit to make the army legal. These horsemen could, in my opinnion, be used to add another unit of Fleshhounds. As long as the Fleshhounds are done as some sort of daemonic hunting hounds rather than the huge-jawed atrocities that are GW's models, then it would all help further the Marauder theme rather than detract from it.

logan054
24-01-2008, 14:53
The fact the large target is charging at all proves it far easier to force the charge of a Bloodthirster than daemon prince, the fact is the im the same situation the daemon prince wouldnt be charging any place as it would be behind a screen. Then take into account bolt throwers and the like, the bloodthirster cannot hide from these, the daemon prince can.

Magic resistance is all well and good for a unit, the fact is if you know something has magic resistance you simply wont caste on it, the advantange of a dispel dice over a magic resistance is you cam use it on spells that are not going to be targetted on the daemons, magic resistance is pretty worthless against some armies (such as undead).

Yes you are, no marauders chariots (the beastmen chariots), one unit of marauder of horsemen, sounds like he actually loses half the marauder units of the army.

Of course he could drop a exalted champion and down grade to daemon prince and gain 400pts ;) Be less restricted as to what has to go in the core slots (and thus he can get more marauders if need be).

Daenomic hunting hounds, sounds like a flesh hound to me ;) sorry dosnt add to the theme at all, personally those points would be better spent on chaos hounds which again would be core and you would get 3 times as many for the points (and i thing they would fit the hunting hound idea a tad better :p )

Belerophon709
24-01-2008, 15:10
Swap one Marauder Horsemen unit for another unit of Flesh Hounds and you're set. Then you have 4 Mortal units (3 on foot, 1 on horseback). And you'll have 2 units of Fleshhounds and 1 unit of Furies to make up your core.

Problem with this solution is that Fleshhounds don't count towards the minimum number of core units you must include in your army, just as warhounds don't count for mortal armies.

Neknoh
24-01-2008, 17:34
I knew there was a catch to using Fleshhounds, simply knew it. Something said "There's no way, it's too good, there is a rule preventing it", but I didn't listen. Anyhow, in light of this, then adding two units of Bloodletters may indeed detract too much from the human element of the list.

However, I still withhold that, to my experience, Large Target, Flyers with Frenzy are easier to control than normally sized Flyers with Frenzy. Your experience may well be different than that. And still, the black hounds the tribe has been blessed with for hunting can be made very marauder-y if you ask me. As long as you make an overall hunting theme for the Marauder tribe and that the High Handed Slayer (the Bloodthirster) is a blessing from Khorne as they go to war. There's so much hunting that can be themed arround Khorne.

Little Aaad
24-01-2008, 18:59
Who said I am male? Lots of you say 'him' and 'he' but with no proof I am actually male. Haha I am male really but yeah.

Seriously though, Dayng it about it being hard to include a Bloodthirter so yeah, downgraded to a Daemon Prince. If a mod can change the thread title to 'Marauder Army - 2000 points' then thanks in advance (Or if I can do it, HOW?)

Added chariots and tewaked around with numbers. Took peoples advice on offensive, not defensive characters so I did that.

So yeah, now what?

(Thanks to all of you who have posted 3+ times, its your advice making this list work!)

Neknoh
24-01-2008, 19:08
Īcracks fingersĪ

Looks good in general, however, there are a few points I'd like to make:

First of all Additional Handweapon and Sword of Battle does not stack.
Second, a frenzied Battle Standard Bearer is nice and all, however, I fear he may be drawn out of the unit. In addition, he can't carry a shield.

Marauder units are still too small, I'd like to see five more Marauders to each unit, as it is now, a single dead T3 model will loose you a full Rank bonus

Lastly, Marauder Horsemen are too costly, go for a humble musician, that's 120 less victory points for your opponent than they are now.

Other than that, good and overall list... oh, and I hope you mean the spawns have the Bloodbeast of Khorne upgrade.

Now, to change title, go to Edit and then click "Go advanced"

logan054
24-01-2008, 23:14
Yeah i would have to agree that the marauders are a tad small, i would also agree that only a musician was needed on the marauder horsemen, also you beastman chariots can only have the mark of undivided.
Also BSB can only take magical equipemt, i would go AoD + sword of might, also other hero cant have a additional hand weapon and magical weapon, i would just take a shield. get them marauders to 25 and our pretty set.

Neknoh
25-01-2008, 09:44
Thing is, his bsb has the Warbanner, preventing him from using Magical items. But yeah, for a BsB, I'd probably go for the Gaze and some form of offensive power. Simply to protect him

logan054
25-01-2008, 10:01
well obviosuly he would have to lose the warbanner however its not like he needs it :P

Neknoh
25-01-2008, 10:07
that depends, a basic CR of 8 is rather decent against units of say 20 swordsmen and the likes, and deffinately something you'd want against Knights, seeing as you will want to hold for a turn before breaking the enemy with a flank from Fleshhounds or Marauder Horsemen (or just slamming the daemonprince into their side and hopefully tearing them a new one).

logan054
25-01-2008, 10:33
It would be 7, 6 is still plenty good enough when backed up by 4 strength 6 attacks

Neknoh
25-01-2008, 10:51
I was under the impression Battle Standard Bearers added +2 even with a standard in the unit. Add in the Warbanner and that makes for +3

Skyldig
25-01-2008, 11:56
I was under the impression Battle Standard Bearers added +2 even with a standard in the unit. Add in the Warbanner and that makes for +3

Unit standard bearer: +1 Combat RES.

Battle standard bearer: +1 Combat RES.

Warbanner: +1 Combat RES.

Final result: +3 to combat RES.

With 3 Ranks (+3) and outnumbering (+1), would make it 3+3+1 = 7 :cool:

logan054
25-01-2008, 12:17

Man if they added +2 i would certainly use them :D

fubukii
25-01-2008, 14:28
I would probably give the bsb the sword of might, as i the extra strength would be more useful then +1 cr most of the time.

(

Little Aaad
25-01-2008, 17:27
My BSB isn't changing. 7 Static combat res will help against the units of 20 pheonix guards I usually encounter. Where in the rule/chaos book does it state I can not have Add. Hand Weapon and SoB?

Neknoh
25-01-2008, 17:30
You can have both, however, if you have a Magical Weapon, you must use it (BRB) and the effect of normal weapons doesn't stack with magical weapons

fubukii
25-01-2008, 18:35
ok well, how about mounting the bsb then at least giving him a better armor save, toughness 4 4+ save is ok but its not that great, mounting him will provide that he gets a 2+ save and a extra str 4 attack in the front rank, not to shabby

Edit, actually dont do that i just realized a huge flaw, if you do not have screening units, your characters will have to charge out of your units i they in charge range, while the rest of the unit does not, so make sure the unit with your bsb is always screened until you want to make a charge.

Little Aaad
25-01-2008, 18:40
You can have both, however, if you have a Magical Weapon, you must use it (BRB) and the effect of normal weapons doesn't stack with magical weapons

Aww I wanted 7 attacks... :(

Neknoh
25-01-2008, 18:49
Berserker Sword :angel:

Little Aaad
26-01-2008, 18:15
Updates to the list are now up, so, is this the end? I now have 15 more Marauders to my army so it is one more step to completion.