PDA

View Full Version : Urban War

worldshatterer
17-04-2005, 01:37
Has anyone played Urban War yet?if so, how does it compare to normal void? I keep on looking at some of the new models[especially the oni battlesuits], and thinking they're some of the best i've ever seen, if the rules are half as good i'm going over to the non-GW crowd .

If you've not got a clue what i'm on about, go here-
www.urbanmammoth.com

Wonderdog
17-04-2005, 21:03
Urban war is an excellent game. More necromunda to voids 40k.

The models are real nice, reasonably cheap, and the magazine like format of the game is real nice.

The only complaint I have is that the rules themselves arent very well laid out, but if you stick with it, you'll like it.

#Wonderdog

Brother Pepe
08-06-2005, 13:34
I've found that urban war isn't that bad. It's more like nercomunda in that you have model act on their own and not in squads.

Unlike necro they have a stat called Caliber (Cal for short) and not exp. Cal is how veteran your dude is. A Cal 0 in 40k would be a PDF militia and a Cal 3 would be a vet. sgt Space marine. Cal effects how your dude will be able to snap off a over watch shot (interrupting your opponent's movement) or counter charging. Your dudes don't gain Cal in the game, you just buy them at the Cal you want them.

Besides that it is similar to 40k.

Strikerkc
08-06-2005, 20:28
Urban war is quite fun actualy. I've become rather fond of the "I go, you go" on a single model basis. It makes for a much more dynamic game, and keeps the first turn advantage from coming into play quite as much as in necromunda and 40K style games.

The pre turn orders you give your troopers also makes it a very strateigic game, since you have to do certain orders before you can do other types for other troopers.

That and most of the models are cheaply priced and spiffy looking :cool:.

[Edit] And it's nice to finaly have a game where a basic trooper's gun does more damage when fired than when the stock is slamed against an enemy's jaw. :D

Loaf32
14-06-2005, 03:14
I noticed Urban Mammoth has the Void rules available for download. Do they provide downloadable rules for Urban War? I'm not so interested in Void, as I don't find the models to be too hot, but I'm liking what I see for Urban War considerably. I might be spoiled by Rackham, but I don't really feel too keen on paying for a ruleset if I don't know if I'll play the game.

Thanks!
Loaf

Brother Pepe
14-06-2005, 04:47
No they don't. The rules are mostly the same but changed to make it more of a one on one and not squad on squad. You have to buy the rules but if I recall they are petty cheap. I've read them and their petty good.

erion
14-06-2005, 13:14
I just picked up a bunch of Urbam war stuff for Syntha and Viridians and I am not displeased with what I have got.

Urban War Issue zero with the basic rules and starter troop stats has a cover price of four pounds, I believe.

I paid like $8 us for it through the warstore.

x-esiv-4c
14-06-2005, 13:58
I'd have to agree in that the price of the models is a real attractor.

Thundergod
14-06-2005, 15:46
Haven't played it yet, though the figs look solid- I love the artwork that i have seen- fanstastic stuff. Harbinger had a bat rep recently and the game looks fun, easy to pick up and fairly quick.
Did i mention they have really cool artwork?
TG

jazzdude78
14-06-2005, 17:37
plus the first issue gives you a free triad figure which is pretty keen looking IMHO

robertsjf
14-07-2005, 21:56
I recently picked this up and I thought the whole CAL mechanic was brilliant! Instead of guaranteeing additional actions they make it Ld based. Now, anyone in the DFW area want a game?