PDA

View Full Version : 2k Nurgle Legion

angron88
24-01-2008, 23:35
AoMI

Most people who go to my GW store play as Dwarfs, orcs, Ogres and Skaven. I was origionally just pondering out a list to use in small games up to 1000, maybe 1500 and figured I might do well with a Daemonic legion. But seeing how effective these beasties are in small scale, I decided to plot out a decent 2k list.

(Feel free to eat it and spit it out)

Lord-Daemon Prince of Nurgle, lvl. 4 Wizard, Soul hunger, Spell Breaker, Stream of corruption, plague Flail

Hero-Exalted Daemon of Nurgle, lvl. 2 Wizard, Blade of the Ether

Core-20 Plaguebearers
Core-15 Plaguebearers
Core-15 Plaguebearers
Core-5 Nurgling Bases

only 77 models, but with a huge distraction unit (Nurglings), 2 Flying Heavy-hitters (Daemon Prince & Exalted) And a meat shield of Plaguebearers (Plaguebearers) and a total of 6 levels of Nurglich magic, I think it should fare pretty well against Dwarfs, Ogres and Orcs, but being out maneuvered by skaven would probably be very effective at making those instability tests hurt.

So, What do you think?

theunwantedbeing
24-01-2008, 23:46
There's not really a lot to say about this army really.
I'de possibly swap 5 plaguebearer's for 5 furies but there isnt a whole lot you can change about this army without making drastic changes.

Unless you are willing to add some units of warhounds to help screen the army?

angron88
24-01-2008, 23:53
There's not really a lot to say about this army really.
I'de possibly swap 5 plaguebearer's for 5 furies but there isnt a whole lot you can change about this army without making drastic changes.

Unless you are willing to add some units of warhounds to help screen the army?

I really was thinking that I needed some Furies to support the Daemons, but I would prefer to go all-Daemon, so no Warhounds.

Besides, with 2 flying mountrous creatures coming for you (and potentially a unit of maybe ten furies in exchange for going with only 2 20 plague units?) The Plaguebearers would just seem to be much less of a threat.

I think either taking the wizard levels off or dropping the second Daemon is a good idea, as 1000 points go into those two, and Furies and a few extra bodies on the 'bearers would be a good investment (especially with no Warhounds)

Imperial Dragon
25-01-2008, 04:47
well i don't know much about Hordes of Chaos but maybe drop that lord daemon prince to a hero one maybe? save some points to try and get furies

Neknoh
25-01-2008, 09:09
A suggestion would be for you to get ahold of the Storm of Chaos book and check if you can use the Daemonic Legion where you play, I think that would be a nice way to improove the army drastically.

Anyhow, with only two flying targets, the Dwarfs will be very, very, very dangerous, be careful when facing them says I

angron88
25-01-2008, 14:46
A suggestion would be for you to get ahold of the Storm of Chaos book and check if you can use the Daemonic Legion where you play, I think that would be a nice way to improove the army drastically.

Anyhow, with only two flying targets, the Dwarfs will be very, very, very dangerous, be careful when facing them says I

You know, I just was looking that up on the GW website and I downloaded/printed it out to show to a few friends from school who play and I'll get a response if they'd allow it sometime by sunday.

And If I do use the daemonic legion from SoC, then I'll go with a more cavalry-based support (because I only get furies with undivided characters.

logan054
25-01-2008, 15:01
First off have you considered using a SoC list (if you dont mind conversions that is)

Lord-Daemon Prince of Nurgle, lvl. 4 Wizard, Soul hunger, Spell Breaker, Stream of corruption, plague Flail

I think you have better options for this guy, blade of ether, soul hunger, spell breaker seems far better

Hero-Exalted Daemon of Nurgle, lvl. 2 Wizard, Blade of the Ether

I would go stream of corruption & diabolic splendor here

Core-20 Plaguebearers
Core-15 Plaguebearers
Core-15 Plaguebearers
Core-5 Nurgling Bases

Personally i think i would only take 3 units of 15 plaguebearers, 4 nurglings and a unit of furies, i would also consider a beast herd to screen from shooting.

angron88
25-01-2008, 15:40
First off have you considered using a SoC list (if you dont mind conversions that is)

If you look at post #6, you'll see that I am working on getting approval to use the SoC list:skull:

brainwashedfish
25-01-2008, 17:35
Yeah, Dwarfs have all sorts of annoying war machines that can blow your army up from halfway across the board. Believe me, I've played as and against the stunties.

Otherwise, it really does depend on which kind of army your playing (fast, power-house, etc.) and which race.

angron88
28-01-2008, 20:15
Sorry everyone, but with midterm exams and other commitments, I had almost no time to work up a list from SoC.

Now, I know a few of you will read this and say-"But wait, isn't Daemonic legion being updated in May?"

Yes-but I want to have a list ready to go for use in friendly games-depending on how awful the new army book turns out to be.

Heros-Exalted Daemon, Mark of Nurgle, lvl. 2 Sorcerer, Blade of the Ether-395
Heros-Daemonic Herald, Mark of Nurgle, Greater Icon, Spell Breaker-210

Core-14 Plaguebearers, musician-231
Core-10 Plaguebearers, musician-167
Core-2 Nurgling Bases-80
Core-2 Nurgling Bases-80
Core-2 Nurgling Bases-80

Special-3 Plagueriders-240

Rare-Chariot of Nurgle, extra Daemon-beast-180

So, only a mere...56 daemons. Basic strategy; Exalted Daemon, chariot and plagueriders move forward hiding behind cover, or shield themselves behind the plaguebearers if need be. The Herald joins with the big unit, and the other 3 small ones move as necessary to charge weaker blocks and hold enemy units in combat for the riders, chariots and nurglings to flank them.

I am debating whether to use the plaguebearers as 3 small units to draw fire across more targets, or go for mass with 2 units of 15 and keep the battleline symmetrical

Be Afraid
28-01-2008, 21:49
i'd be tempted to drop 1 unit of 10 too get another unit off 2 nurglings and boost two units of nurglings too 3.

then go sothing along the lines of 3 nurgling bases, 10 plaugebearers, 2 NB, 14PB+herald, 2 NB, 10 PB, 3 NB then supported by chariot on 1 flank, riders on other, presuming he is same leadership, make herald general, and send the flappy monster of death too have fun, possibly swap either for stream of corruption.

Good luck

angron88
29-01-2008, 16:03
i'd be tempted to drop 1 unit of 10 too get another unit off 2 nurglings and boost two units of nurglings too 3.

then go sothing along the lines of 3 nurgling bases, 10 plaugebearers, 2 NB, 14PB+herald, 2 NB, 10 PB, 3 NB then supported by chariot on 1 flank, riders on other, presuming he is same leadership, make herald general, and send the flappy monster of death too have fun, possibly swap either for stream of corruption.

Good luck

Just a few issues I see with that-
One, the Herald can not be general.
Two, That list doesn't really look all that good to me. I mean, it has a Nurglich feel with all those gibbering masses of nurglings (and at 80 points for $15, the nurglings cost quite a bit less than 'Bearers. But I think it just puts too much emphasis on the little guys.
Three, because the Bases are not true-core, I need to either drop one of the units, or throw in another unit of plaguebearers.
Four, I think the idea of throwing a 400 point model alone is like throwing a unit of chaos knights at a unit of skaven slaves

But, aside from my little nit-pickiness, good ideas