PDA

View Full Version : Siege Rules

Lorquas
25-01-2008, 12:22
Hi

Are there any official Siege Rules for 7th Edition? I am currently writing my own adaption to Mighty Empires (40 pages so far if anyone would like to view it!) and I want to incorporate Siege Battles.

I have bought a copy of the Warhammer Siege book from 1998 which I'm presuming is 6th edition!? I don't think there are too many problems converting this to 7th edition but would appreciate it if anyone out there has access to 7th edition Siege Rules or has produced their own House rules,

Thanks

Lorquas

Urgat
25-01-2008, 13:04
the siege book is for 5th edition if I'm not mistaken. I have it somewhere, but never had the opportunity to try it (we have no castle, to begin with). Then you have the siege rules at the end of the 6th edition BRB. There's nothing official for 7th edition yet, afaik.
from what I remember, it shouldn't be too difficult to just directly use the 6th edition rules in 7th edition, only pb might be fighting inside a building, but I don't see that as something too annoying, I'm pretty sure it would work fine with no modification at all anyway.

T10
25-01-2008, 13:11
The 6th edition siege rules are your best bet.

While the 5th edition Siege rules were published as a separate book and is thus more-value-for-money, the rules have changed significantly, so it may not be entirely stright-forward to use.

-T10

Griefbringer
25-01-2008, 13:57
Aonther option might be the new Siege & Conquest supplement for Warhammer Ancient Battles, though that probably needs some modifications to fit with WHFB 7th edition.

Crazy Harborc
26-01-2008, 00:29
Aonther option might be the new Siege & Conquest supplement for Warhammer Ancient Battles, though that probably needs some modifications to fit with WHFB 7th edition.

You beat me to it by several hours GB.;) Been there and did that. We had a fun battle. We just used the values and stats for WAB's versions of artilley and buildings. It was fun the right team won.;)

We are debating just doing a 5/6th Edition WHFB siege.

Griefbringer
26-01-2008, 10:09
And for real nutters, there was also a siege supplement for the WHFB 3rd edition, for something a bit different.

Arnizipal
26-01-2008, 10:25
If you can find it, the General's Compendium had great siege rules for 6th edition. And they don't require much (if any) adaptation for 7th edition.

Crazy Harborc
28-01-2008, 00:45
If you can find it, the General's Compendium had great siege rules for 6th edition. And they don't require much (if any) adaptation for 7th edition.

I will be checking THAT out.......I had forgotten that little part of the Compendium.

Masque
28-01-2008, 05:30

Assuming I remember correctly the General's Compendium does not have stand alone siege rules. It merely expands on the siege rules in the 6th Edition rulebook.