PDA

View Full Version : WD Rules legal or not ?

mielherne
27-09-2005, 08:50
Are Rules publiced in a WD (and not saying you need your opponents aprouval) legal or not. I read legal as can be used without warning upfront. Although I always tell my oppontent upfront when I use something special.

I don't understand why they don't use the trail vs official symbols they used in the last Chronicles in the WD.

Avian
27-09-2005, 10:50
The Knightly Order article in the latest WD has the following note:
"These rules - as with all those not contained within the Warhammer rulebook or Warhammer Armies books - should only be used with your opponent's consent."

What that actually means and whether or not it's meant to apply to previously printed material as well is open for discussion.

Atrahasis
27-09-2005, 10:51
"These rules - as with all those not contained within the Warhammer rulebook or Warhammer Armies books - should only be used with your opponent's consent."

Since that rule isn't in the BRB or an Army Book, it doesn't change anything ;)

Griefbringer
27-09-2005, 15:09
Atharasis was faster - I also noticed the same text in the WD article and figured out that it actually counters itself, if applied (not to mention that it would also counteract all the Chronicles and errata and Q&A published).

However, this reminds me of the very lenghty debate about the officiality of anything, and about Gav's views on it, that was had on Warseer earlier during the summer.

mielherne
27-09-2005, 15:31
Gav's vieuw was one for the future. But untill then we have a problem.

My vieuw of the sitaution right now:

Army books: Legal, but not the back of the book armies.
Campaigne books: Legal
Chronicles and annuaire: Legal if stated so.
WD: Not legal, unless it's an warhammer chronicles atricle and it states its legal.
Website: Legal if you can find and printed copie to prouve it.

So for most things it isn't even clear if it's legal or not.

Atrahasis
27-09-2005, 15:39
The policy (up to this point) has been that anything published in an official publication is official unless noted otherwise.

Hakstege
27-09-2005, 18:18
The Southland list from the Lizardmen Army book IS legal.

Crazy Harborc
27-09-2005, 19:09
Good luck with assuming that one article statement about one item applys to ALL of the previous and or future articles in WD.

The question of is "this " legal/official, should be answered (WD) article by article as in the past.

IMHO, it's only good sportsmanship/fair play etc. to inform an opponent of your using a new toy, item description, etc. (Maybe they didn't see the WD article!!)

NakedFisherman
27-09-2005, 19:29
Good luck with assuming that one article statement about one item applys to ALL of the previous and or future articles in WD.

The question of is "this " legal/official, should be answered (WD) article by article as in the past.

IMHO, it's only good sportsmanship/fair play etc. to inform an opponent of your using a new toy, item description, etc. (Maybe they didn't see the WD article!!)

I'd have to agree here.

Tournaments have their own rules. If you want to play a friendly battle, just tell your opponent what you're using and see if they're okay with it.