PDA

View Full Version : 2k Tzeentch Beasts - Gorshak's Vision

WhiteStar
27-09-2005, 11:16
Hey. After spending alot of non-magic time with my much adored dwarves and my anti-magic chariot list, I turn my vile gaze towrds the other extreme. Here is a list containing elements I find effective and would make for a good tourney army. Heavy hitting GW Mino's and a couple of semi-superherds with fc. Supporting these are the hounds and one smaller herd. The army should be quite dynamic.

The story is of Gorshak The Cruel and his herd that accidentaly stumbled across a mystical forgotten shrine during one of their raids. The secrets learned there gave Gorshak powers uncomprehensible and a mission to do the bidding of the eye, the master of the strings of time. He was now Gorshak The Blessed.

The list:

The Herd Of Change - Gorshak's Vision

Beastlord Gorshak The Blessed @ 310 Pts
Mark of Tzeentch; General; Lore of Tzeentch
Staff of Change
Chaos Armour

Wargor Larnoksh The Unseen @ 163 Pts
Mark of Tzeentch; Lore of Tzeentch; Great Weapon; Heavy Armour
Dispel Scroll

Wargor Aonash The False @ 163 Pts
Dispel Scroll

Wargor Terenorgk The Dark @ 138 Pts

5 Chaos Warhounds @ 30 Pts

5 Chaos Warhounds @ 30 Pts

4 Minotaurs of Tzeentch @ 204 Pts
Mark of Tzeentch, Great Weapons

3 Minotaurs of Tzeentch @ 158 Pts

8 Beast Herd (Gors) (Joined by lord and wargor) @ 146 Pts
2ndWeapon; Standard; Musician

1 Foe-Render

12 Ungors
Spear

9 Beast Herd (Gors) (joined by 2 wargors) @ 153 Pts
2ndWeapon; Standard; Musician

1 Foe-Render

12ngors
Spear

5 Beast Herd (Gors) (ambush or support) @ 98 Pts
2ndWeapon

1 Foe-Render

9 Ungors
Spear

------------------
Casting Pool: 16 + SoC

Dispel Pool: 7 + SoC

Models in Army: 88

Total Army Cost: 2000

Comments? It should rule the magic phase pretty much offensively. Maybe give the chars some more items? Maybe sneek in a powerfamiliar and a spell familiar? Some Screamers?

Reinnon
27-09-2005, 13:58
16 power dice?

thats certainly magic heavy, with t6he staff of chnage there is no question about you ruling the magic phase.

however, you really lack punch against ranked up units as far as i can see, i would drop a few minotaurs and take something like dragon ogres, wiull decrease your power dice number but sometimes pure magic isn't the best way to play tzeentch

WhiteStar
27-09-2005, 14:01
Sure, DO's would be nice - but they don't really pack that much more a punch angainst r'n'f. One point higher strength and same amount of attacks. Sure they are far more resilient...but but. You might be right.

branchwrath
27-09-2005, 23:04
That's a lot of magic...But yeah, maybe having some more stuff to help against r'n'f....Or at least get another beastherd with a character with the Darkheart to give you a chance to surprise someone in the flank...

Also, I have a 2000 point Tzeentch list in this forum a little below as well..I'd love to get your opinion on it as a fellow BoC player...