PDA

View Full Version : Unknown warrior women

Xgladar
27-01-2008, 14:45
http://img88.imageshack.us/img88/197/120113873898so9.jpg

so recently i come upon this picture,but who are those incredibly cool looking women on the right?

are they sisters of silence? if so ,im interested in any unofficial rules they might have
or are they just weird looking sisters of battle?

Mr Feral
27-01-2008, 14:49
They're most likely Sisters of Silence IIRC. There was some converted ones a while back in UK WD.

Colonel Myrymma
27-01-2008, 14:51
They're sisters of silence, who if I remember correctly are blanks. They crew or use to crew the black ships of the Inquisition.

xibo
27-01-2008, 14:52
By the fact they stand aside of the emperor of men they are most probably supposed to be totally badass, at least the lines of movie marines...

MadJackMcJack
27-01-2008, 14:56
This picture gets me thinking. If the Horus Heresy books are considered canon, then Marines are giant humans, Primarches are giants to Marines, and the Emperor is a giant to Primarches. By that standard, the Custodes and Sisters must be frickin' HUGE! or the Emperor is really a midget who's played up in fiction.

Hakkapelli
27-01-2008, 15:16
Is it just me or is something wrong with the aquilas (imperial eagles) in the picture

xibo
27-01-2008, 15:17
They only have one head...

Lyonator
27-01-2008, 15:19
they only have one head?
edit: slow to my iron.

thomas2
27-01-2008, 15:19
Is it just me or is something wrong with the aquilas (imperial eagles) in the picture
One head, not two.

Brimstone
27-01-2008, 15:24
The eagle only has one head as that was the Emperors symbol, the two headed Aquila is the symbol of the Imperium.

Edit - Info on the Sister of Silence here. (http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Sisters_of_Silence)

Deus Mechanicus
27-01-2008, 15:31
Any pics of the converted minis?

Baaltharus
27-01-2008, 15:35
This picture gets me thinking. If the Horus Heresy books are considered canon, then Marines are giant humans, Primarches are giants to Marines, and the Emperor is a giant to Primarches. By that standard, the Custodes and Sisters must be frickin' HUGE! or the Emperor is really a midget who's played up in fiction.

The Emperors not giant to the Primarchs, he in height with them (bigger in some cases, probably smaller in others).

There aren't any rules that would really represent the sisters of silence very well, they could be considered like the sisters but without any of the holy powers. Could always make it an apoc detachment, any psychic powers within 24" of the sisters are automatically failed and any powers cast at them or catching them in its effect are ignored (for instance).

Feor
27-01-2008, 16:32
The Emperor is an uber psyker, and as such can pretty much alter his physical appearance at will (not unlike what a daemon does to a possessed individual). He typically stays around the size of a primarch, which from this picture woul put the Custodes around the same size as a standard marine, and the sisters around the size of a regular human.

PondaNagura
27-01-2008, 17:14
yeah the image seems on part with what most fluff describes to scale.
as for special rules, since they are blanks, i'd imagine them to have rules somewhere beteen a SoB, but with Pariah abilities, and maybe an increase in Initiative...being an elite force.

Feor
27-01-2008, 17:23
I don't think SoBs would fit them very well. Where they appear in the Horus Heresy books they seem to be more of a close combat force, with flamers and bolters as back-up weapons, plus they hail from the time when the Emperor vehemently denied his divinity, so they probably would get acts of faith.

I'd make them death cult assasins with the Soulless and Psychic Abomination rules, and the option to take a bolt pistol or hand flamer.

PondaNagura
27-01-2008, 17:56
ahh, i always forget about assassins. very true.

Brother Siccarius
27-01-2008, 17:56

It's believe that, within the 40k universe, the image would have been an artistic rendering rather than a publicity photo. There was a long conversation about it back in several of the "Height in 40k" topics.

Well, let's look at them, and see if we can interpret their meanings:
The one in the background of the picture is the most accurate one I've ever seen. One head represents the Emperor and the other represents the mechanicus, hence why the second head in the background has tubes and wires.
The same goes for the one above the emperor's head. The second head is still there, but it's darker than the one on the left. You can still see the neck and the darker outline of the head on the right, however.

On the Custodes and the Sisters of Silence, however, it only a single head, as they only serve the Emperor, as they are his personal guards.

Now, in the current timeline we know that the two heads are the Blind one and the Seeing one, with one representing the Administratum, and the other representing the Adeptus Telepathicus or somesuch.

MrBigMr
27-01-2008, 18:33
Doesn't the two headed aquila present the union of Mars and Terra?

Brother Siccarius
27-01-2008, 18:47
Doesn't the two headed aquila present the union of Mars and Terra?

I've seen and heard it explained just as often as having to do with the Astro Telepathicus as well. The evidence of the missing eye being given. However, it's good to note that the right eye in the Aquila behind the scene is present(the small round vent), it's missing in the Aquila of "today"'s Imperium.

Phunting
27-01-2008, 18:50
They're sisters of silence, who if I remember correctly are blanks. They crew or use to crew the black ships of the Inquisition.Although unless I'm wrong there has been no mention of them in 'current' background, so it is unsure if they exist past the Heresy era.

Deus Mechanicus
27-01-2008, 18:57
Though if the Emperor is a psyker and the Sisters are totally anti psyker... what's he doing hanging around with them?

Feor
27-01-2008, 19:15
He's an uber-psyker. While he couldn't affect them directly, I imagine they're not doing a whole lot to him.

Baaltharus
27-01-2008, 19:52
Who knows, they'd probably just be a nuisance to the Emperor rather than some horrific thing that other psykers seem to see them as.

biggreengribbly
27-01-2008, 20:23
I think you guys are missing the difference between blanks and pariah's.

A blank is described as a psychic Null,

'Null is an English word meaning 'nothing' or without value or consequence'

e.g. they are unaffected by the warp, due to having no connection with it, they have no presence or effect in/upon the warp, therefore are presumeably immune to it's effects.

Pariah's however, are psychic Voids

Void: An empty space; a vacuum.

A pariah, rather than having No presence or effect, have a Negative one. This is the cause of the discomfort they cause Psykers. The emperor doesn't care about standing around the Sisters of Silence because they aren't Pariah's, they are just Blanks.

Baltar
27-01-2008, 20:27
The big ugly woman in the middle is in fact the Emperor.

Rockerfella
27-01-2008, 20:31
The big ugly woman in the middle is in fact the Emperor.

Aahhhhhh! Now it all makes sense! I was sat here thinking, with my can, 'Well, yeah, who is the large ugly woman in the middle, with the girdle?'. I appreciate your input Baltar!

Much appreciated! ;)

ctsteel
27-01-2008, 21:31
to me the aquila on the wall, doesn't have the pipes/hoses as part of it at all. if you look closely the tubes go into the brickwork (you can see the brick outlines) and the wings of the eagle are raised out of the wall. hence the tubes are not part of the aquila. I'm not even sure that it has heads at all, it looks more like just the wings embossed on the wall, with some general purpose machinery in the wall where it is situated.

the one eye/no eye heads of the aquila represent seeing the known past, and being blind to the unknowable future. I've seen that explained somewhere but forget where.

Johnnyfrej
27-01-2008, 21:35
Looks like Death Cult Assassins to me.

-Private Jon

Xgladar
27-01-2008, 21:47
I think you guys are missing the difference between blanks and pariah's.

A blank is described as a psychic Null,

e.g. they are unaffected by the warp, due to having no connection with it, they have no presence or effect in/upon the warp, therefore are presumeably immune to it's effects.

Pariah's however, are psychic Voids

A pariah, rather than having No presence or effect, have a Negative one. This is the cause of the discomfort they cause Psykers. The emperor doesn't care about standing around the Sisters of Silence because they aren't Pariah's, they are just Blanks.

blanks and pariahs are the same dude,no matter how you twist the words.in-game they are the same

Brother Siccarius
27-01-2008, 22:15
to me the aquila on the wall, doesn't have the pipes/hoses as part of it at all. if you look closely the tubes go into the brickwork (you can see the brick outlines) and the wings of the eagle are raised out of the wall. hence the tubes are not part of the aquila. I'm not even sure that it has heads at all, it looks more like just the wings embossed on the wall, with some general purpose machinery in the wall where it is situated.

the one eye/no eye heads of the aquila represent seeing the known past, and being blind to the unknowable future. I've seen that explained somewhere but forget where.

There's no brickwork in any of the other parts of the wall, neither above nor below. The lines you see are sections of metal, which, if you look closely, are raised from the wall as well.

blanks and pariahs are the same dude,no matter how you twist the words.in-game they are the same

Not true, A sister of battle could well be described as a blank, in that they aren't effected by psychic powers. However, a Pariah like the Culexis is a psychic void that can kill psykers just by being near them (Psycic Abomination rules). However, this is background discussion, so there's a lot that the in-game rules won't cover. In this case they actually do cover the difference, though.

In Background the best example I can give of a blank is Jurgen from the Ciaphas Cain Novels who is one himself. The reaction from Psykers around him isn't one of out-right soul sucking, but it weakens them little by little. A Pariah could stand next to a demon and have it fade without touching it, because they sever the warp near them. A blank would just go un-noticed by it until the blank gave itself away.

Edit: combined my two posts.

ctsteel
27-01-2008, 22:22
There are some other cracks in the wall on the wings also. Also a pipe or something above the wings, going down toward the area in question.

if the tubes etc were part of a mechanical head, that would make the head out of proportion with the rest of the sculpture. If you take the other side of the emp's shoulder, assuming that triangle part is the other eagle head, I just can't see a mirror image on the other side where the cables are, without them being too far out of proportion. the tubes and grill don't stay within the shape of an eagle head, they just plug straight into the wall in that area.

Xgladar
27-01-2008, 22:31
Not true, A sister of battle could well be described as a blank, in that they aren't effected by psychic powers. However, a Pariah like the Culexis is a psychic void that can kill psykers just by being near them (Psycic Abomination rules). However, this is background discussion, so there's a lot that the in-game rules won't cover. In this case they actually do cover the difference, though.

In Background the best example I can give of a blank is Jurgen from the Ciaphas Cain Novels who is one himself. The reaction from Psykers around him isn't one of out-right soul sucking, but it weakens them little by little. A Pariah could stand next to a demon and have it fade without touching it, because they sever the warp near them. A blank would just go un-noticed by it until the blank gave itself away.

............no,youre wrong.......... (http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Blanks)

sisters are affected by psychic powers,all living creatures that arent blanks are...
there are certain non-warpy things that can protect you from the warp/psychic powers(cherubs,psychic hoods,litanies,whatever...)
every creature that is not a blank has a presence in the warp(tau and ork debatable)but could be very very small(almost no psychic potencial)

TheMav80
27-01-2008, 22:32
Eisenhorn makes constant use of Blanks. Psychic powers won't work anywhere around them. They will give psychics horrible headaches. And for whatever reason, people in general will just dislike you. Though they won't really know why. "Just something about that guy..." kinda thing.

Brother Siccarius
27-01-2008, 22:44
............no,youre wrong.......... (http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Blanks)

sisters are affected by psychic powers,all living creatures that arent blanks are...
there are certain non-warpy things that can protect you from the warp/psychic powers(cherubs,psychic hoods,litanies,whatever...)
every creature that is not a blank has a presence in the warp(tau and ork debatable)but could be very very small(almost no psychic potencial)

Oh jeeze, not that thing again. Look the idea behind Lexicanum is great and all but it's inaccurate to a 'T'. Nobody is bothering to monitor what's put up there and fact check it, because some of the people who have been paying attention to the background for years have just given up on it. There's so much speculation put as fact and fact that's just left out that it's difficult to tell from the site if anything on there was really written or not.
You should probably also look closely at the page that you linked, in the discussion page on "Blanks" (one of the tabs above your linked page) it says that they merged the "Pariahs" and "Blanks" pages because they were similar but not the same. However, whoever merged the two didn't take the intended course of action and instead just merged the two definitions rather than splitting it down the middle between the two similar but separate afflictions.

Also, read Codex Witch Hunters. You brought up "in-game" so I gave the closest example of a Blank "in-game", which is the Shield of Faith rule for Sisters of Battle. It's also clear from the background fluff, books, ect. that full blown Pariahs and Blanks are entirely different levels of anti-warp effects. The Pariahs of the Necrotyr and the Pariahs of the Officio Assassinatorum are described as terrors that can suck a psyker's soul right out of them if they're too close to each other. The Blanks of the Background, novels, ect. are described as having a blank presence in the warp and stopping psyker powers from effecting them directly, they do not destroy psykers just by being close.

{Rant off}
Edit: Edit: One of the few times I decided to go and edit a page on there. Distinguished between the two effects, and left a note in the discussion page as to what I changed.

Xgladar
27-01-2008, 23:32
i thought lexicanum only wrote stuff directly from WD,black library books,etc...

Brother Siccarius
27-01-2008, 23:51
i thought lexicanum only wrote stuff directly from WD,black library books,etc...
[off-topic]
Sorry about the reaction, bad show on my part. Lexicanum does write stuff from Black Library, WD, and other GW publications. However, when it's re-written it's often biased by the interpretation of the poster, or other things get added in that they "remember being in there". Things happen while it's posted on there like what I mentioned above, where it got pidgeon-holed into another topic because the two were similar. There have also been several cases of fan-written stuff being put up on there, which others read without knowing that it was fan-made, not something from GW.

The idea behind it is great, but there's just so little double checking on it that it's a bit annoying when it gets brought up. I don't get mad at those that read it, I get mad at those that don't double and tripple check what they're putting on there.

An example is what I just pulled from the Pariahs page:

the Eldar, as an inherently psychic race have no Pariahs, although the Harlequin warriors known as the Solitaires have similar characteristics, as they make psykers become gloomy and weakened in their presence.
Which is confusing to someone who is ignorant about Solitaires, and doesn't know that Solitaires don't have an effect on psykers (other than the pity and suspicion Eldar usually feel towards their damned souls).

Dominus_Serui
28-01-2008, 01:23
The Sisters are the psyker-hunters that predated the Inquisition, and used to be in command of the Black Ships before the Inquisition came into creation following the Flight of the Eisenstein.

atomictophat
28-01-2008, 01:29
It's not so much who they are, but rather what is up with their ridiculous hair? They look extras from an cheesy 80's post-apocalypse movie.

biggreengribbly
28-01-2008, 01:45
The Sisters are the psyker-hunters that predated the Inquisition, and used to be in command of the Black Ships before the Inquisition came into creation following the Flight of the Eisenstein.

Not in command.

Crew, guards, staff, whatever. Blank's are far too rare to be wasted commanding starships, miles away from their very purpose, which is the apprehension and containment of Psykers.

How in the hell you could successfully command a vessel while being under a binding Oath of Silence I have no idea.

Xgladar
28-01-2008, 02:09
wait,so the black ships(where i understand these sisters dwell) are comanded by the inquisition or the telepathica?since it says they are the militant arm of the telepathica

biggreengribbly
28-01-2008, 02:18
Yes. seven more characters

The_Patriot
28-01-2008, 02:31
See my sig for the Codex: Sisters of Silence I wrote.

Sisters of Silence are still around in the current time frame as they man the Black Ships as guards. In The Horus Heresy: Collected Visions Sisters of Silence can even affect non-psykers like Custodians as evidenced in the short story of the fighting on Prospero.

Sisters of Battle are not blanks, but due to their faith in the Emperor they gain partial protection from psychic abilities.

Feor
28-01-2008, 03:07
Pariahs and Blanks do cause pain to psykers and Daemons, however, a sufficiently powerful psyker or daemon simply doesn't care. They can do nothing to the individual themselves, and a Pariah will have a higher threshold than a blank (arguably the two are the same, just different degrees, a blank being an easy-bake oven while a Pariah is a Heat Lamp), but in both cases a daemon or psyker of sufficient power can still exists around them, and even use their powers against them indirectly (telekinetically bring the cieling down, for instance) with little worry for their own safety. (as long as they make sure the cieling doesn't land on them also :p)

fracas
28-01-2008, 11:45
did not think the black ships are controlled by the Inquisition.
thought that SoB are often used as guards on black ships for specially powerful psykers rather than those culled for either training or food

Feor
28-01-2008, 22:32
They're called "Inquisitorial Black Ships" who did you think was running them? :p

MrBigMr
28-01-2008, 22:37
They're called "Inquisitorial Black Ships" who did you think was running them? :p
Salamanders.
*ba-da-pish*

The_Patriot
28-01-2008, 22:52

Actually, there are two different types of Black Ships. According to The Inquisition encyclopedia book a Black Ship is operated by Astra Telepathica which are the ones that collect the psykers. The distinction comes in from this statement, "These ships often gives passage to members of the Inquisition, and the term 'Black Ship' has by extension come to include the specialised starships directly controlled and operated by the Inquisition." There are two different types of Black Ships with the originals being run by Astra Telepathica and the other run by the Inquisition. The Inquisition ones do not collect psykers for tithing purposes, but for Black Ops within the Imperium.

kamedake88
28-01-2008, 23:20
This pic showcases the hands of the emperor. The unhelmeted dude on our left is Constantin Valdor the prime of the Custodes and on the right is the "leader" of the original brides of the emperor Janetia Krole. They are also know as sisters of silence. They are married to the emperor as some christian sects have nuns who are married to Jesus. They also never utter a word as part of the oath they take. THey are also blanks, meaning that they have no warp presence thus physic powers don't effect them.

biggreengribbly
29-01-2008, 00:29
This pic showcases the hands of the emperor. The unhelmeted dude on our left is Constantin Valdor the prime of the Custodes and on the right is the "leader" of the original brides of the emperor Janetia Krole. They are also know as sisters of silence. They are married to the emperor as some christian sects have nuns who are married to Jesus. They also never utter a word as part of the oath they take. THey are also blanks, meaning that they have no warp presence thus physic powers don't effect them.

umm....what?

The Brides of the Emperor was the name Vandire gave the Warrior-cult of San-Leor formerly known as 'daughters of the emperor' when he tricked them into being his bodyguards. These later became the Adepta Sororitas, or Sisters of Battle. What in heavens name does the Militant arm of the Adepta Astra Telepathica, established about four millenia earlier have to do with that?

Xgladar
29-01-2008, 01:20
whoa whoa whoa! i google'd Janetia Krole and this comes up
http://www.rolljordan.com/public/images/member_miniature/member_miniature_limg_83.jpg
can you buy stuff from these Roll Jordan guys?

Dominus_Serui
29-01-2008, 01:24
Again, claiming the Sisters are under the control of the Inquisitorius, when the Inquisitiorius isn't even around during the heresy is somewhat idiotic - they controlled the Black Ships prior to the creation of the Inquisition, how they did this isn't directly known, but they are the predecessors of the Inquisition and were responcible for gathering up psykers - they're the group that accuse wassername from the HH books of beeing an unsactioned psyker, and cart her off for interogation.

Brother Loki
29-01-2008, 08:36
Eufrati Keeler.

There's some suggested rules for Sisters of Silence and Custodes in the Age of Heresy campaign pack from Bell of Lost Souls - you might want to take a look at them.

Brother Siccarius
29-01-2008, 10:21

Actually, since you mentioned hands, anyone notice the Emperor's hands? The one closest to the Custodes looks a bit softer, a bit feminine. While the one near the Sisters is harder, and more masculine....

...sorry, on an art interpretation mental-trip I guess.

MrBigMr
29-01-2008, 12:52
Actually, since you mentioned hands, anyone notice the Emperor's hands? The one closest to the Custodes looks a bit softer, a bit feminine. While the one near the Sisters is harder, and more masculine....

...sorry, on an art interpretation mental-trip I guess.
It's just image triggery. It's because the other hand is close to the manly manliness of the Custodian, that it dwarfs the manliness of the Emperor and makes his hand look more feminin. The other hand is closer to a chick and the Emperor is a dude, so it looks more manly.
Well make a better theory. I'm outta here.
*gets his coat*

TheBigBadWolf
29-01-2008, 13:23
The eagle only has one head as that was the Emperors symbol, the two headed Aquila is the symbol of the Imperium.

Edit - Info on the Sister of Silence here. (http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Sisters_of_Silence)

I always thought the emperors symbol was a lion, he does have a sheild with a lion on it when he is pictured on the eternity gate

Brother Siccarius
29-01-2008, 17:11
I always thought the emperors symbol was a lion, he does have a sheild with a lion on it when he is pictured on the eternity gate

His personal symbol was the Thunder Bolt, which was what he used during the reclamation of Terra, which also gave the first Power Armor pattern it's name (Thunder Armor). The One Headed Eagle was likely the symbol of the Emperor as part of the Imperium, since the symbol for his Imperium was the Double Headed Eagle. The Lion could be an artist interpretation, namely showing how courageous he was.

StanMcKim
29-01-2008, 18:10
http://belloflostsouls.blogspot.com/2007/09/warhammer-30000-age-of-heresy-v2.html

Thats the link to the Bell of Lost Souls Warhammer 30000 rules. It has rules for the Custodes and Sisters of Silence, as well as the Legio Cybernetica! It is pretty cool.
-Stan

kamedake88
29-01-2008, 21:41
umm....what?

The Brides of the Emperor was the name Vandire gave the Warrior-cult of San-Leor formerly known as 'daughters of the emperor' when he tricked them into being his bodyguards. These later became the Adepta Sororitas, or Sisters of Battle. What in heavens name does the Militant arm of the Adepta Astra Telepathica, established about four millenia earlier have to do with that?

Go to wikipedia and look up this stuff before you post it. The Sisters of battle are also know as the daughters of the emperor not brides. My source comes from The Flight of The Eisenstein when you first encounter the Sisters of Silence it is mentioned that they are married of to the emperor.

IyandenAvatar
29-01-2008, 22:30
The Emperor has wittle hands for such a big guy... can't eat the Burger King Double Cheeseburger

biggreengribbly
29-01-2008, 22:38
Go read White Dwarf 293 before you trust Wikipedia. As I've already told you. The original warrior cult on San Leor named itself 'Daughters of the Emperor'. Upon adopting them as his bodyguard, Vandire renamed them the Brides of the Emperor. Upon renouncing his reign and executing him, they reverted to the original title, though officially adopting 'Adepta Sororitas' when they were ordained as a military branch of the Imperium.

I have not yet read the Heresy series, so I will step down on that point, though as you have just demonstrated, you are quite capable of getting your facts wrong about one of the established parts of 40k canon, so you will excuse me for having been sceptical of your original statement regarding one of the lesser known aspects of it, especially since through all the threads since the 'Visions of War' artbooks first introduced them, I have heard no former reference to your claim.

Edit:
And what exactly am I supposed to be reading on Wiki about the Sisters of Silence on Wikipedia? I can find absolutely no reference to them at all, apart from their name on a list of combatants who took part in the Horus Heresy.

Or perhaps you mean the self-confessed unofficial 40k Encyclopedia the Lexicanum? Which funnily enough has an article on the Sisters of Silence, and funnily enough makes no reference to your claim either. And I'm sure sooner or later someone who has read Flight of the Eisenstein will roll by and hammer another nail into the coffin of your arguement.

Point of fact, I have the book on my shelf now, I just haven't got around to reading it yet since I want to read the precluding books first.

Give me a Page Number. I dare you. Find me one solid piece of evidence to back up your claim.

The_Patriot
29-01-2008, 22:41
Go to wikipedia and look up this stuff before you post it. The Sisters of battle are also know as the daughters of the emperor not brides. My source comes from The Flight of The Eisenstein when you first encounter the Sisters of Silence it is mentioned that they are married of to the emperor.

The Sisters of Battle were formed in the 36M, so these women are Sisters of Silence. They are two completely different organizations with the former being part of the church and the latter being part of the Astra Telepathica.

biggreengribbly
29-01-2008, 22:51
The Sisters of Battle were formed in the 36M, so these women are Sisters of Silence. They are two completely different organizations with the former being part of the church and the latter being part of the Astra Telepathica.

We know. If you scroll back, he is in fact arguing his point that the Sisters of Silence are also apparently the 'Brides of the Emperor' and are all in fact Married to him. That was his rebuttal to my attempt to disavow him of this opinion by pointing out that title was in fact applied to the Adepta Sororitas (or Daughters of the Emperor, or Sisters of Battle, or whatever title you wish to use for them) at an early point in their history.

Do try and keep up ;)

The_Patriot
29-01-2008, 23:02
We know. If you scroll back, he is in fact arguing his point that the Sisters of Silence are also apparently the 'Brides of the Emperor' and are all in fact Married to him. That was his rebuttal to my attempt to disavow him of this opinion by pointing out that title was in fact applied to the Adepta Sororitas (or Daughters of the Emperor, or Sisters of Battle, or whatever title you wish to use for them) at an early point in their history.

Do try and keep up ;)

Which is what I have been doing. Only Sisters of Battle are known as Brides/Daughters of the Emperor. Looking at Collected Visions there is only one thing that could give him the idea that they were known as that. On page 11 it has the Sisters of Silence creed and it says, "We are Sisters and have, but One Father." Nothing else in their fluff mentions them as having the name Brides of the Emperor.

kamedake88
31-01-2008, 16:58

Do try and keep up ;)

tochey or how ever it is spelled. It seems that Vandire did indeed name them the brides. Good eye... I admit defeat. But even so the point is moot. All I am trying to argue is that the sisters of silence are indeed married off to the emperor. Also I was attempting answer the OP's question. I never said I read an article on wiki about the SOS but rather the SOB or neglected to mention either. But at least I got her name right. Check the info cards on the HH card game I believe thats where I got the info. Either way it was a long time ago and I was just reciting what I had from memory

Xgladar
03-02-2008, 18:28
tochey or how ever it is spelled. It seems that Vandire did indeed name them the brides. Good eye... I admit defeat. But even so the point is moot. All I am trying to argue is that the sisters of silence are indeed married off to the emperor. Also I was attempting answer the OP's question. I never said I read an article on wiki about the SOS but rather the SOB or neglected to mention either. But at least I got her name right. Check the info cards on the HH card game I believe thats where I got the info. Either way it was a long time ago and I was just reciting what I had from memory

can someone please look at the horus heresy cards,im having difficulty to belive the SOS would be married to the emperor himself(even the SOB were only married to him after he was diefied)

The_Patriot
03-02-2008, 18:43
can someone please look at the horus heresy cards,im having difficulty to belive the SOS would be married to the emperor himself(even the SOB were only married to him after he was diefied)

According to The Horus Heresy: Collected Visions there is nothing that says that about the Sisters of Silence. THH:CV has all the cards from THH:CCG listed in the back and reprinted the art along with the fluff text from the cards.

LordXaras
03-02-2008, 18:46
Actually, there are two different types of Black Ships. According to The Inquisition encyclopedia book a Black Ship is operated by Astra Telepathica which are the ones that collect the psykers. The distinction comes in from this statement, "These ships often gives passage to members of the Inquisition, and the term 'Black Ship' has by extension come to include the specialised starships directly controlled and operated by the Inquisition." There are two different types of Black Ships with the originals being run by Astra Telepathica and the other run by the Inquisition. The Inquisition ones do not collect psykers for tithing purposes, but for Black Ops within the Imperium.
This is the Answer. One of the few constructive things to come from that encyclopedia, btw.

If I recall correctly, the Sororitas are also said to crew the Black Ships of the Telepathica, probably as an extension of any Ordo Hereticus presence onboard. I actually like the apparent history of the Sisters of Silence - appearing for a moment in history to stand with the Emperor, then fading into obscurity again to rest their swords and halbers on board the Black Ships. Is it official that the Sisters are part of the Adeptus Astra Telepathica? If so it's quite natural that they would guard the vessels, and also stand to protect the Telepathica's home on Terra.

The_Patriot
03-02-2008, 18:52
This is the Answer. One of the few constructive things to come from that encyclopedia, btw.

If I recall correctly, the Sororitas are also said to crew the Black Ships of the Telepathica, probably as an extension of any Ordo Hereticus presence onboard. I actually like the apparent history of the Sisters of Silence - appearing for a moment in history to stand with the Emperor, then fading into obscurity again to rest their swords and halbers on board the Black Ships. Is it official that the Sisters are part of the Adeptus Astra Telepathica? If so it's quite natural that they would guard the vessels, and also stand to protect the Telepathica's home on Terra.

According to The Horus Heresy: Collected Visions the Sisters of Silence are part of the Astra Telepathica and have been there since the beginning. That's as official as you're going to get concerning the Sisters of Silence.

I believe that Sisters of Battle provide security for the Inquisition's Black Ships and not for the Astra Telepathica's Black Ships. In Faith and Fire, there was no distinction made between the two types of Black Ships, but Sisters of Silence were not mentioned as being on board this particular Black Ship.

different13
03-02-2008, 21:27
A band of warrior women married to the God-Emperor?

*cough*God-Emperor-of-Dune*cough

Anyway, had Sisters of Silence been mentioned in the fluff before the sabretooth cards?