PDA

View Full Version : Magic Scrolls

Lorquas
28-01-2008, 11:00
Hi

I'm sure that I've read somewhere that a character can multiples of items like scrolls of dispel. Does this mean that 2 different characters can both have a scroll of dispel?

If so would this apply to say Magic Mushrooms for Night Goblin Shamens? Can I have 2 Night Goblin Shamens and give them both 5 Magic Mushrooms?

Thanks

Lorquas

Shamfrit
28-01-2008, 11:25
Short answer? Yes, each Shaman can carry as many Magic Mushrooms as you wish them to.

Lorquas
28-01-2008, 11:39
Short Response? Excellent

What about items like Power Stones? Can multiple Wizards have these?

Goruax
28-01-2008, 11:44
Yes; Common Magic Items are not limited to 1 per army.
So you can have more than 1 Dispel Scroll/Power Stone per army, as well as per mage.

Usually, Arcane items are limited to 1 per mage, but common items are not, so a Hero-level mage can have 2 Dispel Scrolls (usually referred to as a Scroll-Caddy)

Magic Mushrooms are explicitly stated to allow more than 1 per Shaman and operate in the same way as Scrolls/Stones.
"A Shaman may carry any number of Magic Mushrooms, up to his maximum allowance for magic items. Buying one or more Magic Mushrooms does not count as taking an arcane item."
So a Shaman with 1 Magic Mushroom could also take the Staff of Baduumm (Pg.44 O&G Armybook)

It doesn't state that MM's can be taken by more than one Shaman, but I believe this was intended, much in the same way as scrolls.[/convolutedrant]

Lorquas
28-01-2008, 11:47
Just to clarify something you just said. Can ALL common Magic Items really be taken multiple times?

Does that mean you could give multiple units a War Banner?

Thanks

Lorquas

Shamfrit
28-01-2008, 11:57
No, War Banner is a Magic Item, it's only common in the sense that it's available to every army.

The only exceptions to the rule as far as I am aware would be Power Stones, Dispel Scrolls, Magic Mushrooms and Warpstone Tokens for Skaven, until somebody else adds to that of course.

Mouchliazo
28-01-2008, 12:01
Only Dispel Scrolls and Power Stones can be in multiples in your army, I'm afraid. (At least as far as common magic items go. For army specific items, look at their description in the appropriate army book.)

lparigi34
28-01-2008, 12:48
Yes; Common Magic Items are not limited to 1 per army.
[/convolutedrant]

I guess you meant Arcane Common Items.

As for the Magic Mushrooms, One shaman can have multiples of it, but you cannot have multiple shamen carrying them.

theunwantedbeing
28-01-2008, 12:53
You can have multiple scrolls in an army.
You can have multiple items that are stated to be allowed to be taken in multiples...like magic mushrooms and power stones.

Common items are still 1 per army.

Masque
28-01-2008, 13:41
Any scroll can be taken in multiples (BRB, page 120). Power Stones, Warpstone Tokens, and Magic Mushrooms all have specific exceptions allowing them to be taken in multiples just like scrolls.

Festus
28-01-2008, 14:39
It doesn't state that MM's can be taken by more than one Shaman, but I believe this was intended, much in the same way as scrolls.
As the rules stand, only one Shaman may have the Mushrooms, but he may have more than just one set of them (up to 5 or 10 indeed!)

Festus