PDA

View Full Version : Potentially stupid questions on RiP spells and Scrolls

Jack of Blades
28-01-2008, 14:15
Can Dispel Scrolls be used to dispel Remains in Play spells, after the turn they are cast? My guess is no.

theunwantedbeing
28-01-2008, 14:18
The rules for dispel scrolls actually cover this.....
(surprisingly)
I decided I would check before answering.

Goq Gar
28-01-2008, 14:21
There is no such thing as a stupid question.

As far as I know the rules for Dispel Scrolls cover this, however, it is my belief based on logic that:

Remains in Play spells can be dispelled on any turn of their existence.
Dispel Scrolls can dispel Remains in Play spells.
Therefore, Remains in Play spells can be dispelled after the turn they are cast.

Please, never be afraid to ask questions :)

Jack of Blades
28-01-2008, 14:22
^ Yes I dislike labelling things with stupid questions as well, but it may be so obvious that I should just have read a little sentence or something. Oh well. I won't in the future... I even edited the title ;)

^
^ Oh, yeah they do. Thanks.

Festus
28-01-2008, 14:36
As far as I know the rules for Dispel Scrolls cover this, however, it is my belief based on logic that:

Remains in Play spells can be dispelled on any turn of their existence.
Dispel Scrolls can dispel Remains in Play spells.
Therefore, Remains in Play spells can be dispelled after the turn they are cast.
The RiP Spells may be dispelled, but not with a DMScroll, as the DMScroll entry explains ...

Festus

Ikhoornix
28-01-2008, 15:44
A Dispellscroll can only dispell a spell as it is cast by the oposing player.

The only way that a dispell scroll can dispell a spell that is (remain) in play, is if the mage using the scroll has a remain in play spell in play.

theunwantedbeing
28-01-2008, 16:22
Using scrolls doesnt prevent you from keeping a remains in play spell from remaining in play.
Only choosing to end the spell, getting killed or attempting to cast another spell does that.

The rules for dispel scrolls on page 122 quite clearly state that you cannot use a scroll to end a remains in play spell.
Nothing more needs to be said.

Festus
28-01-2008, 16:37
The rules for dispel scrolls on page 122 quite clearly state that you cannot use a scroll to end a remains in play spell which has been cast some time before. A DMS allows you to dispel any RiP spell which is cast at the time of casting.
Nothing more needs to be said.
Fixed your Post

Festus

theunwantedbeing
28-01-2008, 17:13
Whats a DMS?
I guess I should have added that bit to it...but it is nicely spelt out in the rules, hence why I didnt bother adding it. I have the strange belief that people will check a rule in the book if directed to it....maybe I need to change that silly belief.

Jonke
28-01-2008, 17:46
DMS=dispel magic scroll.

theunwantedbeing
28-01-2008, 17:48
Oh....
So DSS would be dispel shooting scroll (awesome item if those existed)

Jonke
28-01-2008, 17:49
I would really love too have one of those.

sulla
28-01-2008, 20:24
I would really love too have one of those.

...countered by the gunline player's 'dispel combat scrolls'?;)

Jack of Blades
29-01-2008, 06:02
...countered by the gunline player's 'dispel combat scrolls'?;)

More like dispel movement scrolls *cough* flagellants and priest-enchanted unbreakable units *cough*

Milgram
29-01-2008, 12:01
uhm... how about a dispel scroll scroll? (yeah, that's not funny but at least I tried)

Jack of Blades
29-01-2008, 14:47
This scroll laming isn't funny but at least we tried :)

Indeed... a scroll that instead of dispelling magic, dispels your enemy's dispel scroll when he tries to dispel.

Milgram
30-01-2008, 05:56
well... better call it a dispel scissors then.