PDA

View Full Version : The Rubric of Ahriman and the Thousand Sons' makeover...

Kiro
28-01-2008, 22:53
Does anyone know when exactly the Rubric happened? I know it occured in the EoT, and that placing a date on such things is near-impossible, but there must have been a point where the Thousand Sons returned to the material universe with Rubric Marines, enabling us to set a date between when they were flesh and blood, and when they were walking suits or armor.
More importantly, anyone have a clue when the Thousand Sons swapped their color scheme and iconography over to what it is now? I have a feeling it's to do with the Rubric, but I'm keeping an open mind here.

Johnnyfrej
29-01-2008, 01:33
I'd put it somewhere around a few thousand years after the Heresy. This is my guess because it is said that they started to mutate in the Eye of Terror after a few centuries so Arhiman set out to cure his legion. I don't think they changed their colors because it is the same Marines that fled to the Eye and were changed from the Rubric.

-Private Jon

Kiro
29-01-2008, 03:42
Good point, totally forgot about the 'some time' reference. The Thousand Sons changed their colors and iconography during, or after, the Heresy - pre-heresy they had a red scheme with white Legion icon, during or after, they switched to blue with a yellow Ouroboros. I'm trying to pin down when they changed...

Avaron
29-01-2008, 04:16
as far as I can tell they never give a exact number its just vauge refrances like soon or after a while.

probebly no more than 200 years after the heracy as at first ahriman watched in horror as the other legions started to mutate during the heracy and was happy that the thousend sons where not being effected and then afterwards tzeentch gave them the planet of sorcerers to live on but shortly after that they started to mutate rapidly.

so ya I doubt more than 200 and probebly less than 100 years afterwards. infact it could have been as short as a few years.

Michael M.
29-01-2008, 08:50
The color changed during the HH. There is a pic in the Artbook that shows Ahriman and some other TS together with Horus, Abbadon and i think Erebus in the actual stile.

CELS
29-01-2008, 11:03
If you look at the Horus Heresy artwork that shows the Thousand Sons after turning to Chaos, I think you'll find that their armour looks more black or grey than blue, though still with the yellow/gold trim. At least on the pictures by Abrar Ajmal.

PondaNagura
29-01-2008, 14:23
well the color change in the artbooks, most of the suggested units are either bodyguards or vets, hence the specialized helms/colors. also artistic licensing enables the artist to tweak things in a subtle jabbing way..."see they were red, but these guys look different.kinda how they look now, what am i hinting at? i don't know, but look blue blue Blue armor with headresses! eh eh "... anyways.
i always thought the color change was as a result to the rhubric spell, since i recall it being stated in the IA that there was blue/gold lightning, i just figured the color change was a taint to the armor.

also time behaves differently within the EoT, where reality and the immaterium blend. so putting a specific date would be near impossible, especially in a realm of Tzeentch.

Aeneas
30-01-2008, 22:42
Page 51 of the current chaos codex states that the lightning bolts that accompanied the rubric were blue and yellow. It also says the same thing in the 2nd edition codex (i don't have it in front of me so i can't check the page number).

I've always felt that the rubric itself changed their armour color.

Nazguire
30-01-2008, 23:08
I've seen a picture of Ahriman with associated sorcerors etc in the Horus Heresy card game, with their armour yellow and blue.
A couple of the Legions changed their colours during the Heresy. The Word Bearers changed from granite grey to crimson red just before the Heresy erupted for example.

Alessander
02-02-2008, 23:38
I've always used the Rubric to explain why Horrors don't "split" anymore.... any other reason why horrors were running from the Rubric's psychic storm?

heretics bane
03-02-2008, 11:28
Well is lasted one night whch in the EOT could have been centureis or minutes and it didnt actually fully complete itself as Magnus intervened and stopped it.