PDA

View Full Version : Modeling Diggas?

fattdex
29-01-2008, 07:14
I just picked up 8 digga yoofs from eBay (we'll see how that goes...)
Now, normal diggas and the leader (and maybe heavies as trukk gunners) are easily made by shaving the mohawk off necro Goliaths, how would you go about modeling/converting/finding models for shamans and drivers?

Cirrus the Blue
08-02-2008, 13:43
The way I go about my trukks and bikes is always trying to convert them so they don't actually have 'drivers' at all! Just put the dude beside the vehicle and counting him as 'driving' works well enough. :) It'd be tougher to get appropriate figs for a driver for a Digga, but with HEAVY converting, it's not impossible.

As for the Shaman, you could do an arm-swap on the Pit Slave what's-his-face with the little screwdriver for his left arm and the plasma gun in the other. He looks sufficiently 'Digga' I'd think with a decent arm swap, I'd think. :) For his 'Findin' Rod', just knock together something sufficiently rickety as a walking type staff with some minor broken down electronics or lightbulbs on the top and you're set! Hope that helps!

- Cirrus

fattdex
08-02-2008, 14:11
cool I actually just picked up some plastic marauders, a necromunda telepath, and a boatload of metal gorka grot guns- I might need some catachan bits to add, but I will see what I can come up with ^_^

trendkill
09-02-2008, 23:35
personally i would have just used the new ork trukk drivers but with the heads of humans... and then use war paint on their arms...

digga's can be a bit buff i guess. its something i never understood, on the front of digganob they look pretty tanked and buff, or at least athletic and built, but the models look like they need a sandwhich.

Plaguebeast
11-02-2008, 22:52
The new Ork trukk driver is probably a tad large to represent a human - the old trukk driver on the other hand could work quite well. Indeed, the old trukk model may suit the poorer and extremely primitive Diggas much better.

As for Diggas themselves, the Chaos marauders work well as base. Add to those various bits from the OrK, Space Marine, IG and Empire plastics and you should have a decent looking mob in no time.

Plaguebeast

fattdex
12-02-2008, 00:09
I think I will try to rig up a sentinel pilot in a scratch built chair for the new trukk- paint the helmet and uniform up as a racing suit :)

Plaguebeast
12-02-2008, 02:25
That sounds like a great idea! Look forward to maybe seeing the finished product :)

Plaguebeast

Cirrus the Blue
12-02-2008, 06:51
Speaking of racing suits... http://www.coolminiornot.com/32059 Yes, this is an actual figure! :D Unfortunately, it was unreleased to the public as it was a figure sculpted for a game that was later redesigned into GorkaMorka and is one of the rarest figures in GW history that I know of. So, if you find one, GRAB IT!!!!!11!!1 :p

- Cirrus

fattdex
12-02-2008, 09:02
That figure is wicked, it was produced as a trophy for a games day 97 or so gorkamorka racing cup and then in a very limited run IIRC. That's that i'll try do for the diggas anyways!

trendkill
17-02-2008, 09:23
ok i've followed this guy's idea and i am going to try and make a Digga Gang as well..

looking at it as a whole, i think chaos marauders are a good choice. the one thing that pissed me off about the digga models were they were so so small, even though in illustrations they seemed a lot chunkier, so this is a good compromise.

so marauders for bodies, ork weapons for weapons and i guess steel armour added on, make them all spikey looking.

thoughts?

fattdex
17-02-2008, 11:31
Yep, I'm grabbing some catachan arms for rifles too (and sentinel pilots for drivers)

trendkill
17-02-2008, 11:52
:D i popped the pics of the one i just did in my digga thread...

i have to say, it worked out well, but i will also say that to make a full gang is going to require a lot of spurs and bitz to make a full gang! :| $$$ :/

but, its an interesting project!

ScooterinAB
19-02-2008, 07:07
Oh modelling Diggas.

Actually, I am working on a Digga mob right now. The models are largely Marauders (sans legs), Catachan (legs with pouches filled off), and Beastmen (various arms, Ungors for Yoof), with various giant ass Ork guns and bitz (like shoulder pads).

The mob is largely bike mounted, so I'm using the new bikes (the one that's finished looks great with the Digga boy driver). The mob also has a buggy that is heavily converted from a Land speeder (I basically replaced the entire rear of the vehicle).

If people wanna hold tight for a few days (maybe a week, as I have research papers to work on), I'll try and get some pictures.

For the Shaman, I'm basically making his finding rod out of a variety of random bits I have lying around, like scroll cases, bit of chain, some random lantern (maybe), and a tiny d6 (I love the Findin' Rod on the cover).

The Digganob has a cut out Ork boy helmet (huge) and possibly an iron gob if I can find one.