PDA

View Full Version : First 1k skaven list

Yves
29-01-2008, 08:42
Did a lot of reading so here it goes. I tried it vs chaos and i completly shot them to bits(with some lucky rolls, but still).
But the question is will this list do fine against other armies ? + imporvements are more then welcome.

Chieftain; gen,GW,HvA
Warplock engineer; warp blades, warplock pistol, storm deamon,
Warplock engineer; warp blades, warplock pistol

Clanrats x25 std,Mu
+rattling gun
Clanrats x25 std,Mu
+warpfire thrower
Clanrat slaves x25
Poison wind globadier x5
Night runners x5 Slings

Warplock jezzail team x6

Warp lightning cannon
998 points 4pd, 4dispell

i had alternative on this list with tunneling team instead of the night runners with slings and the warplock pistols, but i d use the night runners to cover the jezzail or/and cannon.

Thx in advance!

Dwarf Runelord 45
30-01-2008, 04:06
a sound list.... but you wont make friends with it everyone hates a gunline.

IronBrother
30-01-2008, 04:15
i think i would find a different way to spend the points on the warp lightning cannon, as the rest of your army is very shooty and the cannon is not very reliable. other than that it looks good

Yves
30-01-2008, 11:13
hmm yes, but i want a shooty list, i play chaos as main so this is a nice alternative once in a while.

The cannon preformed well last game, but you are right you need some luck with the rolls. But then again its like that with most skaven shooting things.
So i m gonna keep it for a while.

The night runners didnt do much last game, except some marchblocking so i m gonna go back to a tunnellingteam.

fubukii
31-01-2008, 03:47
Huh im confused on why you did not give your warlocks the items to cast on 3dice, and generate a extra power dice so you can cast warped lightning level 2?

Id also drop the slings on the night runners, maybe drop some globes,swap thw warp fire thrower for another ratling fun, and gain another slave unit.

ANother useful thing is to to give the warlock with storm daemon the warpstone charm, so that you get a reroll (possibly stopping him from gettin hit by his own spell, or stoping a miscast, or a wound from a token)

Yves
31-01-2008, 15:46
Ok thx for he input, i ll surely try it out.