PDA

View Full Version : Help with my Nid's

LawrencePhillips
29-01-2008, 10:06
I'm making a genestealer cult like army using the tyranid codex, here's the list:

Patriach (Broodlord) with I adrenal glads & feeder tendrils with 5 Genestealers with scything talons and extended carapace = 197

8 Genestealers with scything talons and extended carapace = 192

8 Hybrids (Gaunts) with laspistols (spinefists) and claws (WS adrenal glands), without number = 72

8 Hybrids (Gaunts) with laspistols (spinefists) and claws (WS adrenal glands), without number = 72

Magus (Thrope) with synapse creature and warp blast = 65

The hybrid's I'm making out of a combination of kroot and genestealer spues using the slightly more humanoid body and legs of the kroot and the claws and heads from genestealers and giving them las pistols from the guard spues I had left over.

Only problem... How do I make the magus? He needs to look more human but still fit in with the rest of the alien like models.

Any Ideas or comments welcome?

The Laughing God
29-01-2008, 11:36
For magus you can always just buy the classic one. I got mine on GW's online store.

LawrencePhillips
29-01-2008, 12:47
he's a bit short and looks out of place + you can only get them from ebay now

ImpTyranid
29-01-2008, 13:51
I would use a Kroot Shaper, with some minor cosmetic changes, maybe make him bald or paint him paler, or give him a claw hand or something.

blackraven
29-01-2008, 19:47
i like the idea of mix-matcing parts from the tyranid sprues of that from the imperial guard that way you could always take hold of some tamks like the baneblade for apocalypse and maybe evan a landarider crusaider to transport the patriach and some gean stealers and assult when they jump out

Archangel_Ruined
29-01-2008, 23:02
I'd say go with the classic model, it is a bit small but it's a good sculpt and I like seeing old models knocking around. Nifty idea on the list though, any plans on inducted guard and tanks?