PDA

View Full Version : Who was the last Loyalist Primarch to Die/Disapear?

Corax
29-01-2008, 09:26
I was reading a bit in Codex:UltraMarines 2nd Ed. the other day about Rogal Dorn after the Heresy, and it talked about his grief over the loss of each of his remaining brothers. So I was wondering who the last loyalist Primarch standing was? Was it Dorn? Or did someone else last longer than him?

DantesInferno
29-01-2008, 09:51
I was reading a bit in Codex:UltraMarines 2nd Ed. the other day about Rogal Dorn after the Heresy, and it talked about his grief over the loss of each of his remaining brothers. So I was wondering who the last loyalist Primarch standing was? Was it Dorn? Or did someone else last longer than him?

Vulkan is commonly cited as the longest-lasting known active Loyalist Primarch. IA Salamanders says:

This organisation is still true today, although ever since the disappearance of Vulkan some thousand years after the Legion's Founding, the Captain of the First Company has been given the role of Chapter Master. This position is considered a regency by the Salamanders, who believe that one day Vulkan will return to lead the Chapter in a great campaign to conquer Chaos.

Given that the Salamanders were founded at the start of the Great Crusade, which was itself several hundred years before the Heresy, around 750-800.M31 is an approximate date for Vulkan's disappearance. The rest of the Loyalist Primarchs were gone much earlier.

yaspro
29-01-2008, 09:54
as far as i know there is still one primarch living with his chapter. although he is too old to fight he still leads em. i cant remmember his name though.

The_Outsider
29-01-2008, 10:06
as far as i know there is still one primarch living with his chapter. although he is too old to fight he still leads em. i cant remmember his name though.

Yeah....no.

Vulken, Dorn or Russ are probably the last 3 to disappear.

BrainFireBob
29-01-2008, 10:11
Yaspro, that information is fan-fiction at best. Dorn, Russ, or Vulkan. Corax just before them, Guilliman before that, and probably the Khan before that (Khan only lasted a couple of centuries, as I recall).

Freak Ona Leash
29-01-2008, 10:19
I believe Corax disappeared right after the Heresy, in grief and madness. Gulliman lasted a few centuries after that, before Fulgrim smacked him down.

Feor
29-01-2008, 11:18
If you go by the newest fluff (HH novels) then Vulkan goes MIA on Istvaan V when he eats a Vulcano Cannon at short range from a Traitor Titan.

The_Outsider
29-01-2008, 11:46
Yaspro, that information is fan-fiction at best. Dorn, Russ, or Vulkan. Corax just before them, Guilliman before that, and probably the Khan before that (Khan only lasted a couple of centuries, as I recall).

Khan chases some DE into the webway.

Commander Dante
29-01-2008, 12:02
Khan dissapears within a few decades after the heresy i belive roughly 70 years according to Lexicanum.

Death Before Dishonour
29-01-2008, 12:07
well I thought it was Russ or Dorn who were the last to disappear. Dorn they know died on that chaos cruiser and Russ went to find the tree of life
(i think) if my memory serves me

eyeslikethunder
29-01-2008, 14:04
Russ dies after about 2 hundred years after the HH.

PondaNagura
29-01-2008, 14:12
Russ disappeared, when they found his armor at some temple near the Eye of terror. never found the body, they assume he went hunting or some such.

Commander Dante
29-01-2008, 14:21
Vulkan is the one most commonly beleived to be the last one to dissapear last

Champsguy
29-01-2008, 14:28
Russ disappeared, when they found his armor at some temple near the Eye of terror. never found the body, they assume he went hunting or some such.

That's a scary thought. Somewhere out there is a naked Leman Russ running around. "Hey, Leman Russ, where'd you get that sweater? ...Oh my god!"

Deus Mechanicus
29-01-2008, 14:46
If you go by the newest fluff (HH novels) then Vulkan goes MIA on Istvaan V when he eats a Vulcano Cannon at short range from a Traitor Titan.

Doesn't he resurfaces sometime though since he opposes Guilliman on dividing the legions?

Chaplain of Chaos
29-01-2008, 15:00
"What? Oh... shot by a Titan yeah I remember... just a scratch"

The_Outsider
29-01-2008, 15:05
Doesn't he resurfaces sometime though since he opposes Guilliman on dividing the legions?

'Twas just Dorn and Russ that opposed - most of the other primarchs (those that were left at least) just kinda went along with Guilliman.

Commander Dante
29-01-2008, 15:40
IIRC (probably not) In the Salamanders IA and the Black Templar bit in codex Armagaeddon it mentions that Vulkan did appose the division of the Legions into chapters, So it would have made the sides look like this: Guilliman, Corax, and Khan for the Codex. and Dorn, Russ, and Vulkan against it. Lion el'Jonson was dealing with Caliban at the time. The Dark Angels, Iron Hands, and Blood Angels probably sided with Guilliman but i can see the Dark Angels grumbling....

PondaNagura
29-01-2008, 15:47
i doubt Vulkan even had the number to break down into chapters, considering the womping his legion took at Istvaan.

The Judge
29-01-2008, 15:58
Well what are the Salamander sucessors? Aren't even the Black Dragons only suspected as their Second Founding?

I always thought Vulkan was happy about the others splitting, since his Legion couldn't and wouldn't due to numbers.

Commander Dante
29-01-2008, 16:00
The Black Dragons are a 21st founding chapter as they are part of the Cursed Founding, They are suspected to be of Salamander Gene-Seed

EDIT: Either A: Vulkan didnt divide his Legion at all, or B: he couldnt

Reabe
29-01-2008, 16:47
That's a scary thought. Somewhere out there is a naked Leman Russ running around. "Hey, Leman Russ, where'd you get that sweater? ...Oh my god!"

"No! Leman Russ, you have succumbed to mutation and grown a third leg- OH MY GOD!"

Anyway, it was a Temple of Khorne where they found Russ' armour.

BigBadBull
29-01-2008, 17:00
Technicly, are Russ , Corax, Vulcan, and maybe a one handed Dorn just missing, not confirmed Dead ( no bodys to bury or put in Moslium)

Where as Roberto and the Lion are just taking Really Long Naps and are kinda known ( status chambers hidden ) where they are located.

Eetion
29-01-2008, 17:24
I believe Dorns entire remains were found... its just his hand thats on display.

IA IF "And recovered what remains of Rogal Dorn, his engraved skeletal hand continues to be maintained in stasis"

No where does it mention that all that was found was his hand....

trigger
29-01-2008, 17:25
IIRC (probably not) In the Salamanders IA and the Black Templar bit in codex Armagaeddon it mentions that Vulkan did appose the division of the Legions into chapters, So it would have made the sides look like this: Guilliman, Corax, and Khan for the Codex. and Dorn, Russ, and Vulkan against it. Lion el'Jonson was dealing with Caliban at the time. The Dark Angels, Iron Hands, and Blood Angels probably sided with Guilliman but i can see the Dark Angels grumbling....

The DA sided with dorn, Codex BT states that a da fleet opened fire on a imperial fist cruser , thus was the end of the stand buy dorn and co.
Dorn could not face the possibilerty that he would be the cause of a second civil war.
Russ was the only one to near dodge the codex astarts

Commander Dante
29-01-2008, 18:25
The DA sided with dorn, Codex BT states that a da fleet opened fire on a imperial fist cruser , thus was the end of the stand buy dorn and co.
Dorn could not face the possibilerty that he would be the cause of a second civil war.
Russ was the only one to near dodge the codex astarts

Really? The Dark Angels have a tendancy to shoot at the sons of Rogal Dorn dont they? first during the Scouring and then during the 13th Black Crusade..you sure you got two stories confused? (not to question you knowledge of the fluff) It's just that i was always under the impression that Dorn accepted the Codex Astartes because the Imperial Navy fired on an Imperial Fist Crusier and not another Chapter.

Corax
29-01-2008, 22:39
Really? The Dark Angels have a tendancy to shoot at the sons of Rogal Dorn dont they? first during the Scouring and then during the 13th Black Crusade..you sure you got two stories confused? (not to question you knowledge of the fluff) It's just that i was always under the impression that Dorn accepted the Codex Astartes because the Imperial Navy fired on an Imperial Fist Crusier and not another Chapter.

I believe that the grudge is between the DA and the SW. Whenever the two forces have to fight in the same area, a member of each chapter re-enacts the fight between Jonson and Russ, so that matters of honour may be settled until the next meeting.

Regarding Dorn's eventual acceptance of the Codex, I think it was after an Imperial Navy vessel fired on a IF ship that he relented.

As for the Salamanders, they were the only loyalist Legion that produced no Primogenitor Chapters, due to their low numbers at the best of times, but especially after the Heresy.

Commander Dante
29-01-2008, 22:43
I believe that the grudge is between the DA and the SW. Whenever the two forces have to fight in the same area, a member of each chapter re-enacts the fight between Jonson and Russ, so that matters of honour may be settled until the next meeting.

Regarding Dorn's eventual acceptance of the Codex, I think it was after an Imperial Navy vessel fired on a IF ship that he relented.

As for the Salamanders, they were the only loyalist Legion that produced no Primogenitor Chapters, due to their low numbers at the best of times, but especially after the Heresy.

I know that the Space Wolves and The Dark Angels have a rivalry/grudge, I was commenting on what he was inferring; is that the Dark Angels shot at the Imperial Fists after the Horus Heresy and then they shot at the Black Templars during the 13th Black Crusade

Feor
29-01-2008, 23:31
The Salamanders didn't have any 2nd Founding Chapters, as after the Heresey they were still under Chapter strength, not following Corax's example.

To be fair about the HH novels, it never says specifically what happens to Vulkan. He and Corax were fighting together and managed to draw the attention of Daes Irae, who hit them with it's Volcano cannon. Vulkan essentiually takes it in the face, while Corax takes the edge of it. One of the Traitors(maybe fulgrim himself) notes the Raven Guard carrying Corax back to the dropships, but we never hear anything else about Vulkan.

Commander Dante
29-01-2008, 23:39
We dont know if Vulkan was actualy hit....For all we know the explosion could have happened behind him obscuring his view, by the time the blast is gone he could have moved on...

DantesInferno
29-01-2008, 23:48
I know that the Space Wolves and The Dark Angels have a rivalry/grudge, I was commenting on what he was inferring; is that the Dark Angels shot at the Imperial Fists after the Horus Heresy and then they shot at the Black Templars during the 13th Black Crusade

The Dark Angels didn't fire on the Imperial Fists during the controversy over the adoption of the Codex Astartes; the Imperial Navy did.

And I'm not sure which incident you're referring to during the 13th Black Crusade.

PondaNagura
30-01-2008, 00:00
does the 13th BC incident have to do with the BT finding a Fallen, and the DA more or less silence them in order to recover him...or is that a different story?

Commander Dante
30-01-2008, 00:37
does the 13th BC incident have to do with the BT finding a Fallen, and the DA more or less silence them in order to recover him...or is that a different story?

That is the story i was talking about, and i knew it had to be the Navy...

Ghost Of Caliban
30-01-2008, 01:06
Not at the fists. tey did fire on the BT though. they had fallen on board and wouldn't give over. bad idea.

DantesInferno
30-01-2008, 01:34
Not at the fists. tey did fire on the BT though. they had fallen on board and wouldn't give over. bad idea.

To be fair, all we know for sure is that the Black Templars' Crusade of the Ophidium Gulf mysteriously vanished after the Dark Angels demanded at gunpoint the return of a prisoner in ancient black power armour.

:angel:

Commander Dante
30-01-2008, 02:00
Yes this other guy got the stories confused hence this whole off shoot of the topic.

Drogmir
30-01-2008, 05:45
On a technicality Gulliman is still alive in stasis, that being said he is not dead and has not disappeared therefore he wins!!!

Eetion
30-01-2008, 07:29
Absolutely... a goldfish for the primarch who wins by essentially becoming a vegetable...

But i still think Dorn was the last.

Francis29
30-01-2008, 07:51
i thought Russ was the last. Didn't he at some point leave a banquet and say he will "return for the wolftime".

DantesInferno
30-01-2008, 08:11
Absolutely... a goldfish for the primarch who wins by essentially becoming a vegetable...

But i still think Dorn was the last.

Nup, Dorn wasn't the last.

His death aboard the Sword of Sacrilege occured "[s]oon after the disappearance of Corax, Primarch of the Raven Guard", according to the IA: Imperial Fists.

We are told that Corax left 1 year after the Second Founding. So all in all, Dorn's probably killed between 040.M31 and 100.M31. Certainly nothing to compare to Vulkan, who I've already stated lasted to around 750.M31.

Commander Dante
30-01-2008, 15:01
you mean M.31 Inferno....right??? Cause if he dissapeared M.41 that would mean he was around during the Gothic War

Mechanicus
30-01-2008, 15:31
Yep, Vulkan was last as far as we can tell - to around 800-000.M31; though Space Marine mentions Dorn lasting four hundred and thirteen years after the Emperor's Ascension, which is a difficult amount to rationalise with him dying soon after Corax, so choose whichever one you prefer. :D

Eetion
30-01-2008, 17:02
Nup, Dorn wasn't the last.

His death aboard the Sword of Sacrilege occured "[s]oon after the disappearance of Corax, Primarch of the Raven Guard", according to the IA: Imperial Fists.

We are told that Corax left 1 year after the Second Founding. So all in all, Dorn's probably killed between 040.M31 and 100.M31. Certainly nothing to compare to Vulkan, who I've already stated lasted to around 750.M41.

However the first Black Crusade was in c 781.M31 The First Battle of Cadia. (Codex: Chaos Space Marines 3).
I got that from wiki and cant confirm the reference however.
But that certainly gives him a longevity award.

Mechanicus
30-01-2008, 17:05
However the first Black Crusade was in c 781.M31 The First Battle of Cadia. (Codex: Chaos Space Marines 3).
I got that from wiki and cant confirm the reference however.
But that certainly gives him a longevity award.That's Abaddon's first Black Crusade, not Black Crusades in general. I made that mistake at first as well. :o

Eetion
30-01-2008, 17:08
Ahh...
I stand corrected.
Although it is said that Dorn is full of grief as his brothers disappeared, he must be somewhere near the end.

Shadowphrakt
30-01-2008, 18:26
I seem to remember that Russ was the last... cant remember where that reference comes from though. Will haev to check. And considering he is the only primarch to have a model made of him, I think that pretty much somes things up.

Satone
30-01-2008, 18:51
Going by fluff, russ is still alive, missing in the warp, according to fluff, he says he will return. To speculate what he is looking for would be interesting, we sort of know he went into the eye, but as to why well?

Chaplain Dionitas
30-01-2008, 19:37
Going by fluff, russ is still alive, missing in the warp, according to fluff, he says he will return. To speculate what he is looking for would be interesting, we sort of know he went into the eye, but as to why well?

Going by fluff, so is Jonson, Khan, Vulkan and Corax

As for Russ? maybe he went looking for his lost company. maybe he went to find Magnus. Maybe he found out how Horus had tricked him into destroying Prospero. Maybe I'm saying maybe too much.

DantesInferno
30-01-2008, 19:38
you mean M.31 Inferno....right??? Cause if he dissapeared M.41 that would mean he was around during the Gothic War

Yes, I meant M31. :o

One miserable typo puts me out by 10 000 years....:cries:

FrankManic
02-02-2008, 05:50
He's probably still in there. The Webway is sort of like Route 66, in space. They probably have Eldar greasy spoon diners in there, complete with sassy, ancient, world wise waitresses and Space Pie.

guillimansknight
02-02-2008, 11:00
Yes, I meant M31. :o

One miserable typo puts me out by 10 000 years....:cries:

One miserable typo means that the monk who figured out how old jesus was missed by a 100 years

Lord Cook
02-02-2008, 12:13
But I thought Guilliman was slowly healing in stasis. Or is that a complete lie?

ThorOdensson
02-02-2008, 12:51
But I thought Guilliman was slowly healing in stasis. Or is that a complete lie?

Depends on who you ask ;)

dr.oetk3r
02-02-2008, 15:29
I believe Dorns entire remains were found... its just his hand thats on display.

IA IF "And recovered what remains of Rogal Dorn, his engraved skeletal hand continues to be maintained in stasis"

The whole body thing is "old fluff"

The "new fluff" is just his hand remains O.o

Mechanicus
02-02-2008, 15:49
The whole body thing is "old fluff"

The "new fluff" is just his hand remains O.oWell, it hasn't been contradicted since being introduced in Space Marine. The age of the background has nothing to do with it - they recovered what remained of Rogal Dorn; his remains. That's in the IA. Then it mentions that they have his engraved hands in stasis (corroborated by Space Marine). The IA article then goes on to describe Chapter Master Vladimir Pugh and Librarian Franz Grenstein (both first introduced in Space Marine) including many details from the book on each, and then including the Imperial Fists' slight obsession with pain. I don't really see much of a reason to think that the death of Dorn is 'outdated'. :)

brettz123
02-02-2008, 20:27

Wrong read the index asartes on Imperial Fists.

Mechanicus
02-02-2008, 20:32
Wrong read the index asartes on Imperial Fists....Which says "He made his final stand aboard the crippled Sword of Sacrilege ... [The Imperial Fists] boarded the Sword of Sacrilege before it could flee and recovered what remained of Rogal Dorn. His engraved skeletal hand continues to be maintained in stasis, their holiest icon, and serves as a constant reminder of the commitment expected of a Space Marine." Dorn makes 'last stand'. Imperial Fists board ship to find the remains of Rogal Dorn. His fist remains in stasis as their holiest symbol (makes sense really - Imperial Fists after all). It implies he's dead, and corroborates a source that states he is.

Beyond that, I'm just repeating what I said in the post above yours.

Feor
02-02-2008, 21:37
It is kinda ambigous though. You could read that as they found all of him, and put his hand in statis. Or that all they found was his hand.

And that's perfectly normal for GW, and it's even a good thing. The less concrete fluff they put out there, the less likely they are to contradict themselves in the future.

DantesInferno
02-02-2008, 21:47
It is kinda ambigous though. You could read that as they found all of him, and put his hand in statis. Or that all they found was his hand.

And that's perfectly normal for GW, and it's even a good thing. The less concrete fluff they put out there, the less likely they are to contradict themselves in the future.

The Index Astartes article is fairly clear that Dorn is dead. E's not resting, e's not stunned, e's not pining for the fjords, Dorn is dead.

Soon after the disappearance of Corax, Primarch of the Raven Guard, the Imperial Fists were asked to help against a Black Crusade bludgeoning its way through the Cadian Gate. Phalanx and the majority of the Chapter were committed to shadowing the movements of Ulthwe, the Eldar craftworld, and could,not be spared. Rogal Dorn managed to piece together three Companies to join the Cadian campaign, which he led himself. The Black Crusade threatened to envelop Cadia, and the Imperial Navy had failed to see the threat until it was too late. With his infallible sense of timing, Rogal Dorn, with three Strike Cruisers, surprised the heretic anchorage in the Pelenos Belt before they could strike. The Imperial Fists force struck at the centre of the Black Crusade, their Thunderhawks wreaking tremendous damage on the unprotected troop ships while Imperial Fists Space Marines teleported aboard the largest warships before they could raise their shields. Although the powerful Chaos armada was able to overwhelm the Strike Cruisers one by one, they were unable to deal with the Imperial Fists assault teams. Rampaging through the enemy vessels, the boarding parties sought out the engine rooms and succeeded in disabling many warp drives. Their tasks accomplished, the boarders would call in Thunderhawks and move on to another vessel. Some managed to use their victims' own teleporters to move on and a few even captured batteries long enough to redirect their fire against the other Chaos ships. The uneven battle could end only one way, but Rogal Dorn was determined to inflict every last grain of damage, whatever the cost. He made his final stand aboard the crippled Sword of Sacrilege, a Despoiler class Battleship that had been rammed by the last Imperial Fist Cruiser. The final report by the serving Chief Librarian commended their souls to the Emperor before Dorn led a desperate attack on the Sword's bridge.

Even without their Primarch, the Imperial Fists were able to get to the right place at the right time. They boarded the Sword of Sacrilege before it could flee and recovered what remained of Rogal Dorn. His engraved skeletal hand continues to be maintained in stasis, their holiest icon, and serves as a constant reminder of the commitment expected of a Space Marine.

Considering the circumstances of Rogal Dorn's eventual death, it is clear that the Imperial Fists have a drive for self-sacrifice that they must continually battle to overcome.

[my emphasis]

Mechanicus
03-02-2008, 09:07
Considering the circumstances of Rogal Dorn's eventual death, it is clear that the Imperial Fists have a drive for self-sacrifice that they must continually battle to overcome.Ooh... I missed that! Thanks! I'll quote that in future. :D

different13
03-02-2008, 13:40
Dante - nice Python joke.

TheDarkDaff
04-02-2008, 00:19
Well if you want to be pedantic then Papa Smurf is still "alive" in a stasis bubble and (last time i checked) they know exactly where he is. If you were talking about the last active Primarch then (depending on the source) Vulkan and Russ were around the longest.

Imus
04-02-2008, 07:31
i thought it also referenced that gulliman is in stasis sitting. It says it in the third edition of it, i briefly remember.

Space Marine - theres an old book, ah Biff, who then appears in the old inquisitors trilogy. Im sure that would be considered a heretical text now and cause the mass burning of those who follow the olds ways.

Mike The Zealous
05-02-2008, 02:40
Yeah....no.

Vulken, Dorn or Russ are probably the last 3 to disappear.

Yeah, pretty close, if i recall. I read in the Chaos codex that Furiouso, the primarch of the howling griffons chapter was the last to die. A group of Chaos Marines found him on the chapters birthday, killed him, and lashed his corpse to his personal thunderhawk and sent him back to his chapter. Pretty typical of chaos

Commander Dante
05-02-2008, 02:49
..... is that a joke?

Mike The Zealous
05-02-2008, 02:53
Nope. Read it out of the old chaos codex before they released the new one. Im not joking either. Cept about the typical chaos remark

DantesInferno
05-02-2008, 02:57
Yeah, pretty close, if i recall. I read in the Chaos codex that Furiouso, the primarch of the howling griffons chapter was the last to die. A group of Chaos Marines found him on the chapters birthday, killed him, and lashed his corpse to his personal thunderhawk and sent him back to his chapter. Pretty typical of chaos

Chapter Master, not Primarch.

Primarchs were there original set of 20 superhuman warriors created by the Emperor to lead the First Founding Legions.

After the Heresy, the surviving Loyalist Legions were split up into chapters, which are commanded by Chapter Masters, who are just "normal" Marines.

Mike The Zealous
05-02-2008, 02:58
Oh. Huh, could've sworn it was a primarch. your probably right though

Dragonlv8
05-02-2008, 10:03
On a technicality Gulliman is still alive in stasis, that being said he is not dead and has not disappeared therefore he wins!!!

stfu Ultramarines!!!!!!
I don't go for any 1 as Black templars are Imperial fists and as said before, they loose.

DantesInferno
05-02-2008, 10:18

Chapter Master Orlando Furioso of the Howling Griffons, died 220.M38 at the hands of the Daemon Prince Periclitor.

Im not saying1
05-02-2008, 12:16

I think you got it a bit wrong. You may mean Robute Guilliman, who is on the Ultramarines homeworld, Macragge. But he was wounded in a duel with the daemon-primarch Fulgrim, he was placed in stasis to save his life, and is now rumoured to be healing which is meant to be impossible in a stasis feild (A stasis feild is basically a force feild where time stops). BTW, primarchs can never grow too old to fight, they are effectivly Immortal, and so is thier strength, it never deterioates with age.

Spacewolves vs Thousandsons
05-02-2008, 15:57
russ and any of the noncofirmed KIA primarchs well the ones that are lited as MIA at least could be a live i mean for russ hes somewhere in the warp and time doesnt flow normally there so he could still be alive

or thats just my reasoning from what i gathered myself

Commander Dante
05-02-2008, 16:44
russ and any of the noncofirmed KIA primarchs well the ones that are lited as MIA at least could be a live i mean for russ hes somewhere in the warp and time doesnt flow normally there so he could still be alive

or thats just my reasoning from what i gathered myself

Confirmed KIA primarchs are Sanguinus, Ferrus Mannus, and according to older sources Dorn, and Guilliman depending on who you ask. That leaves Russ, Khan, Corax, Vulkan, and the Lion

Deus Mechanicus
05-02-2008, 17:00
Sigmar was propably the last primarch to dissapear.

Commander Dante
05-02-2008, 18:11

You speak heresy! *Unholsters Inferno Pistol and fires*

Nazguire
06-02-2008, 05:43

Please don't start this.

Sigmar is not a Primarch. The two worlds, apart from some cheeky references that are basically 'easter eggs', are not connected.

Spacewolves vs Thousandsons
07-02-2008, 16:00
wait i thought that the lion was a confirmed kia, didnt luther kill him?

pookie
07-02-2008, 16:34
I think you got it a bit wrong. You may mean Robute Guilliman, who is on the Ultramarines homeworld, Macragge. But he was wounded in a duel with the daemon-primarch Fulgrim, he was placed in stasis to save his life, and is now rumoured to be healing which is meant to be impossible in a stasis feild (A stasis feild is basically a force feild where time stops). BTW, primarchs can never grow too old to fight, they are effectivly Immortal, and so is thier strength, it never deterioates with age.

thats not entirly true, none of the loyalist's survied so it couldnt be confirmed they were immortal, and those that are alive are DP so that doesnt count.

Grindgodgrind
07-02-2008, 21:24
Space Marine - theres an old book, ah Biff, who then appears in the old inquisitors trilogy. Im sure that would be considered a heretical text now and cause the mass burning of those who follow the olds ways.

Nah, it's Lexandro D'Arquebus who's in the Inquisiton War trilogy :).

pookie
08-02-2008, 15:05

there is no probablity in it, he deff wasnt not a primach, only the Original 20 legions had Primachs, and only two of these are unknown, although it is known the Howling Griffons ( or was it griffins?) were deffinatly not one of those two.

Deadmanwade
08-02-2008, 15:17
Ultramarines - Gulliman - In a stasis field, just a little shaken.
Dark Angels - Lion El'Jonson - Supposedly hidden in the basement of the DA fortress like some unwanted stepchild
Blood Angels - Sanguinius - Dead. Dead, dead, dead.
Iron Hands - Ferrus Manus - Dead
Imperial Fists - Rogal Dorn - Dead
Space Wolves - Leman Russ - Wandered off for a naked stroll
Raven Guard - Corax - Decided to dabble with DNA, screwed up and ran off leaving the worst piece of fluff in GW history.
Salamanders - Vulkan - Volcano cannon in the face (HH) or longest surviving Primarch - Either way, he's vanished.
White Scars - Jagita Khan - Rode off into the sunset (webway)
Blood Angels - Sanguinius - Definitely dead. (Just thought its worth mentioning twice). Heck the guy was a ******* mutant anyway. Even if he was still around the Inquisition would be tearing him a new one.

Commander Dante
08-02-2008, 23:21
Ummm i dont think the Inquisition would dare attack a primarch, ever.

Corax
12-02-2008, 02:17
@Deadmanwade: According to the new DA Codex, the guy in the basement of the Rock isn't the Lion, its Luther - and they keep him down there because he rants and raves all day and night about how the Lion is coming back to forgive him and the Fallen. :cheese:

The DA Codex says that the Lion was mortally wounded by Luther's psychic attack (courtesy of Chaos), but Luther came to his senses at the last moment and failed to deliver the final blow. The Choas gods, rightly peeved that their plans had been scuppered again, scattered the Fallen through time and space, taking the Lion with them. The implication seems to be that he is still out there somewhere, and if you believe Luther,he is on his way back (much like Russ, Corax, et al.)

Ghost Of Caliban
12-02-2008, 04:16
he IS in the rock. no one knows he's there except the watchers though.

Nazguire
12-02-2008, 04:17
@Deadmanwade: According to the new DA Codex, the guy in the basement of the Rock isn't the Lion, its Luther - and they keep him down there because he rants and raves all day and night about how the Lion is coming back to forgive him and the Fallen. :cheese:

The DA Codex says that the Lion was mortally wounded by Luther's psychic attack (courtesy of Chaos), but Luther came to his senses at the last moment and failed to deliver the final blow. The Choas gods, rightly peeved that their plans had been scuppered again, scattered the Fallen through time and space, taking the Lion with them. The implication seems to be that he is still out there somewhere, and if you believe Luther,he is on his way back (much like Russ, Corax, et al.)

Other editions say that Luther is in a chamber deep in the rock and all Grand Masters have to interrogate him upon promotion. However they also said, unknown to the Dark Angels that further into the Rock, is a chamber that holds the Lion in stasis.

Meathook
12-02-2008, 15:07
Iron Hands - Ferrus Manus - Dead

Possible Spoiler

I didn't know he was dead. I have the IA at home with the iron hands in it. I though it just said his body was never recovered. But I just did a wiki and they said that Fulgrim's deamon weapon took his head off after urging Fulgrim on.

Did this happen in one of the books, if so and that was a spoiler, I'm sorry.

Commander Dante
12-02-2008, 15:13
I didn't know he was dead. I have the IA at home with the iron hands in it. I though it just said his body was never recovered. But I just did a wiki and they said that Fulgrim's deamon weapon took his head off after urging Fulgrim on.

Did this happen in one of the books, if so and that was a spoiler, I'm sorry.

SPOILER

yes, it did happen in the books...but it was mentioned in the Visions of the Horus Heresy collections