PDA

View Full Version : Worms - any decent versions?

Odin
29-01-2008, 12:32
The original Worms is one of my favourite games of all time. Worms 2 was far prettier but also nowhere near as good. My brother bought Worms Under Siege at the weekend, and that turned out to be utterly dire. So I was just wondering if anyone knows of any Worms games that have come close to the genius of the original, or even the fairly decent Worms 2?

TheBigBadWolf
29-01-2008, 13:08
worms armageddon was amazing, the holy handgrenade is briliant along with the super sheep

Typheron
29-01-2008, 13:16
Dont forget the Concrete Donkey.

Only bit that was a problem in Armageddon was the need to play very annoying single player missions to earn the really cool gear for use in multiplayer.

Apparently there will be a new one soon thats the classic 2-d setup using a 3-d engine. Till then i recomend Worms Armageddon.

TheBigBadWolf
29-01-2008, 13:26
Only bit that was a problem in Armageddon was the need to play very annoying single player missions to earn the really cool gear for use in multiplayer.

Yeh that was a bit of a bitch, but once it was done you could have some amazing multiplayers

WLBjork
29-01-2008, 14:27
World Party is pretty cool as well.

Gue'la Koholic
29-01-2008, 16:57
Yea, I'd agree with both of those being way too much fun.

Thanatos_elNyx
29-01-2008, 17:00
I have teh Worms on the DS and its good fun considering. Single player is pants. But 2 player was fun.

RavenMorpheus
29-01-2008, 17:37
My mate has worms, but that's another thread entirely :D

My mate actually does have Worms Armageddon I think it is on the PS2 and that's brilliant, well worth playing. Not entirely my taste in games but worth a go every now and then.

Odin
29-01-2008, 18:20
It appears you can download a free version of Worms: The Director's Cut here:

http://www.dream17.co.uk/softography.php?id=34&s=downloads

Problem is, it seems to be for the Amiga. The page says it's illegal to use an Amiga emulator unless you also own an Amiga. I think I still have mine in my parents' loft, but it doesn't actually say how you get one of these emulators.

Any computer geniuses out there who can tell me how to get this game working on my PC?

Wraith
29-01-2008, 18:31
I don't have it but I believe you can download Worms for your xbox off of xbox live.

Odin
29-01-2008, 18:43
I don't have it but I believe you can download Worms for your xbox off of xbox live.

Well, I could if my X-box hadn't been broken for the last 2 and a half months. Bloody useless Microsoft.:mad:

Kordos
29-01-2008, 20:05
worms 2 for the ds is brilliant and actually works (worms 1 for the ds is a bit dodgy) and most of the good versions of worms I cant get to work under xp

Reabe
29-01-2008, 20:15
worms armageddon was amazing, the holy handgrenade is briliant along with the super sheep

I concur, but if you're going to Worms Armageddon for the PC, you might as well should just buy Worms World Party. It's basically the same, just a little tweaked to make it better.

Odin
29-01-2008, 20:16
On a related note - does anyone know a good place to get free PC games? You know, the sort of simple game they used to make (like Worms), where it was all about making a fun game, not just about having impressive graphics.

StugMeister
29-01-2008, 20:32
It appears you can download a free version of Worms: The Director's Cut here:

http://www.dream17.co.uk/softography.php?id=34&s=downloads

Problem is, it seems to be for the Amiga. The page says it's illegal to use an Amiga emulator unless you also own an Amiga. I think I still have mine in my parents' loft, but it doesn't actually say how you get one of these emulators.

Any computer geniuses out there who can tell me how to get this game working on my PC?

For those wanting legal Amiga emulation then this might just come in handy...

http://www.amigaforever.com/

And incidentally, the best version of Worms is Worms:DC for AGA Amigas.

Oh, they are developing a Wii version of Worms.

Neknoh
29-01-2008, 22:32
Indeed they are, nothing but drool says I.

Anyhow, I'd recommend Worldparty, all the coolness of Armageddon, but without the need to unlock stuff in tedious single-player missions.

"Ye've stered inte the eyes o' the deemon"

Sir_Turalyon
01-02-2008, 16:10
Liero: great split screen game that could be described as "worms in real time" - instead of "My worm goes, your worm goes" turn game it's simltaneous deathmatch with one worm per player. Great fun if only you have human opponent (computer opponent sucks).

http://www.liero.be/

Drogmir
01-02-2008, 21:26
I thought Worms World Party helped clean up some visuals from Worms Armageddon while still retaining all the stuff

sanctusmortis
01-02-2008, 22:22
Worms Open Warfare 2 on DS is awesome.