PDA

View Full Version : The army of Hell Pit

Sludgehammer
29-01-2008, 15:37
so anyone play this army?
I have 2000+ pts of it,, does pretty well for me, and it was fun to convert. :)

ZeroTwentythree
29-01-2008, 15:47
I would love to try it as I am a fan of Moulder, but sadly I don't have the list and have only glanced at it once.

Is it fairly balanced?

Wolfmother
29-01-2008, 16:13
yer my m8t has it!

Avian
29-01-2008, 16:17
A local player tried it out in the campaign a while ago and was unimpressed with it, to put it mildly. No shooting, not much in the way of skirmishers, not much armour and not much magic to speak of. Movement was okay, but the units didn't fight very well and those who were okay in combat (various types of Rat Ogres) were very expensive for what they did.

Sludgehammer
29-01-2008, 16:59
there is a lot of numbers! little shooting and magic
I take masses of giant rats and throtlings
there are bigger things-though odd to build
I love the abberations

they can even have trolls and flayerkin

W0lf
29-01-2008, 17:10
@ Wolfmother

Who? no-one in our gaming group uses a hellpit army.

Aflo
29-01-2008, 17:26
yer my m8t has it!

A. You don't need a 't' on 'm8t'
B. Please don't use text speak - it's difficult to read and even more so for those who do not speak English as thier first language

Yeh the list does look quite fun to play/convert if not a little tactically unsound. I personally would never play it, just 'cos I am not a fan of skaven as a whole, but I know I am in the definate minority here ;)

giner
29-01-2008, 20:31
I'd quite like to have a look at the list, can anyone give me a WD number (UK) or a link to somewhere with it please. Thanks.

Wolfmother
29-01-2008, 20:32
@ w0lf waffles has a helpit army he just never uses it!

W0lf
29-01-2008, 20:35
No he dosnt. He was ganna do one then he decided not to.

Then he was ganna do Wes but seems to be off that idea.

Wolfmother
29-01-2008, 20:39
nah he did loads of coversions for them just never fielded them!

memitchell747
30-01-2008, 07:13
@ w0lf waffles has a helpit army he just never uses it!
Seriously, dude. No txt spk, Capitals and punctuation. I don't understand what you just wrote, and I only speak English.

Ward.
30-01-2008, 07:38
Memitchell747: Technically all he missed was full stop and a capital letter, the "@" is in common use on both this and other forums as a way to address people.

I would like to see this hellpit list, I think an old manager at a store that I went to used it but everyone thought they where his own rules.

FurryMiguell
30-01-2008, 15:21
Hell pit is a lovely place! so much cool things comming out of there:p. I would like to see some of the moulder beasts in the new skaven armybook, though with updated rules, cause the rules that is dont work very well. at least, I dont think so... And to make an army with huge amounts of Giant rats, is not much fun! (the coversions is!! i convert all my armies...)

Cheers:D

Wolfmother
30-01-2008, 17:19
Seriously, dude. No txt spk, Capitals and punctuation. I don't understand what you just wrote, and I only speak English.

you dont need to know what i said because i was talking to w0lf!

FurryMiguell
30-01-2008, 19:00
lol. txt speak me here and there. why cant we all just get along? and, isnt txt spk for some kinda hard to understand? worse to me than a capital 'O' or a'0' or whatever:p

Be friends people! Live a good life, and FIGHT in warhammer:)

W0lf
30-01-2008, 19:27
FurryMiguell

You sir are insane. I truely want some of what your smoking ^^. (seriously thou.. what is it :p)

FurryMiguell
30-01-2008, 19:52
That'll be my socks, good sir:p. No, Im just a very happy dude:). Atleast since me and my GF got back together. Life is wonderful my friend! You must learn to enjoy whatever small moments that occur.

And play Warhammer, cause that the key to many great people, and many great experiences. Wonderful game! Love it!!!

(oh, and yeah, Im kinda mad...)

Aflo
30-01-2008, 22:01

Well then it has no place in a public forum :rolleyes:

Frep
30-01-2008, 22:43
Aflo cut him some slack, honestly Wolfmother may not be using proper punction but its still *mostly* legible. It's not like he's going OMFG Te army of hell pit is the ROXXORS LOL!!!!! etc, etc. Anyways unless someone's posts are inflammtory or rude it's not really our business to tell other users what to do. Thats what the mods are for :)

On Topic, what exactly is the Hell pit army again? I've heard the name around but no one I knows plays Skaven so I don't have much info on it.

sigur
30-01-2008, 22:57
It was a list released in some WD a few years ago. The army is based on various breeding/body modifying experiments of Clan Moulder. It's mainly Skaven without the shooty stuff, a few more rat swarms and the possibility to customize Rat Ogres.

@this whole (soon to be deleted) discussion about wolfmother's posting style: I have to say that I agree with memitchell747 and the others; The use of "txt-speek" or similar stuff is bad for one's reputation and the way many users think of him/her. If you use proper english, people automatically will take your posts more serious. And finally, it's also of educational use. If you read/write correct (not perfect but at least trying) english, you get used to it and apply it in your everyday life more often and more correctly. Can't be wrong in your job/school. It's pretty amazing how fast people's language is turned into a retarted mess if the only written words they read are of the "lol"-kind.

starlight
30-01-2008, 23:09
End of Off Topic Discussion.

Any further Off Topic Posts will result in the Thread being Closed.

For reference, the Topic is the Hell Pit Army.

starlight
The Warseer Inquisition

Frep
30-01-2008, 23:34
Thanks for the info Sigur, that's what I though it was all about but I wasn't entierly sure.

Dwarf Runelord 45
31-01-2008, 19:52
I'd love to try it out some time but right know i just dont have that many rat ogre models or giant rat ones.

sigur
31-01-2008, 20:11
Well...nice information, thanks, but the options for you are obvious:

1. Get the proper miniatures to play the army.
1.a. Use proxies and try out if you are feeling confortable with the rules/how the army plays and then get the models.
2. Don't get them, don't play the army.

Unwise
31-01-2008, 22:41
I've been playing skaven for since 5th edition, I can't believe I have never heard of this army before. Especially as I have 12 or so rat ogres that mainly gather dust, being rather gimp in the current list.

Did GW ever make this army list publicly available? I imagine it is 'opponents approval' type stuff?

Wolfmother
01-02-2008, 18:25
yes it is in a white dwarf!

Anvilbrow
02-02-2008, 03:56
I play it infrequently. The rat ogres with built-in warpfire throwers are nice, but every savvy opponent knows it. Stupidity on the ROs can seriously harm the plan, and rats just get eaten by virtually everything. The lack of shooting and magic has been discussed. Vermintide as the only spell???

On a positive note, using Warmaster Rat Ogres as Throtlings looks quite cool...

FatOlaf
02-02-2008, 14:36

Well PM him then... You two seem to be everywhere at the moment, jacking threads and filling them full of text speak. Seriously sort it out..

As for the list, I am intrigued to find out what it consists of, anyone know which issue of WD it was in?