PDA

View Full Version : Slann problem

whydiablo
29-01-2008, 17:58
Slann rule "Palanquin" say that Slann join in a 4 models per rank unit, and place at the second rank. And Slann must move to front rank during the front rank has less then 3 models.

But in 7th rule, a unit get rank bonus need 5 models per rank.

So, If I join Slann in 5 models per rank unit and still follow this rule?

Or already have any other solution?

Nurgling Chieftain
30-01-2008, 00:49
There's no upper limit to the number of files (i.e. models per rank) of a unit a Slann joins, so not really a problem IMO.

Braad
30-01-2008, 11:25
The two rules are not really related. You need 5 model wide ranks to get the bonus, but it doesn't mean you MUST make them 5 wide. If you have less, you just don't get the bonus, but it is completely legal.

And the slann rule says that you need at least 4 models per rank to make it able to be in the second rank. Doesn't have anything to do with the amount of models you need for a rank bonus AFAIK.

"Rank bonus" is something different then "rank". The first is caused by the second, if the second is large enough, but nothing else.

Gonz
01-02-2008, 18:15
p24 Don't worry about the picture or ranks of 4 as this is not mentioned in the text, only that the palanquin may be placed in the centre of the second rank unless the front rank is reduced to less than 3 models (i.e. 2)

whydiablo
01-02-2008, 19:36
Thx For HELP :)

Another Question: Slann's Sacred Plaques item say:
"A slann is not limited to a single Sacred Plaque, and may take more than one if they so wish(Though only one for each item may be taken per army)"

Is that mean I can take "Plaque of Tepok" more then one?

theunwantedbeing
01-02-2008, 19:39
Erm....is that a serious question? I hope not.

No you cant take more than 1, just like you quoted.....

T10
01-02-2008, 19:41
No. Your Slann may take any numer of sacred plaques, but you may take any one plaque just once in your army.

-T10

whydiablo
01-02-2008, 19:44
I See, thx :)