PDA

View Full Version : CoD 4 Favorite Combos

giner
29-01-2008, 20:37
Just wonfering what everyone's favorite weapon and perk loadouts on CoD 4 are, mine is:

MP5 with ACOG sight
Best pistol I can get (can't remeber the name not d-eagle)

3xSpecial Grenade
Stopping Power
Extreme Condtioning

Although I do use the M40 more often now. Also anyone see the point in the G3?

Outlaw289
30-01-2008, 00:43
I like using this setup

MP5 with reddot
USP or Colt.45
Bandolier
Stopping Power
Steady Aim

I mow down tons of people on the move and the red dot sight lets me pick off people from a little bit further. It's my favorite and best class, though I use others for variety.

As for the G3, its an excellent weapon, you just have to have an area with a bit of distance between you and the enemy. With stopping power, its 2 shots and they're dead. The M16A4 is arguably better, since 1 trigger pull=3 bullets, but the G3 is a great mid-to-long distance rifle.

stevenr1230
30-01-2008, 05:04
my current setup is

RPD
Bandolier
Stopping power
and martyrdom

and is it just me or do all the pistols do the same damage or is that just a ps3 thing?

alex03
30-01-2008, 06:21
My current one:

g36c w/rds
g3 w/acog
3xfrag
overkill
deep impact

Overall best one:
m16 w/rds
.45 w/silencer
Bandolier or 3xfrag
Stopping power
Deep Impact

The_Dragon_Rising
30-01-2008, 12:37
For close range maps:
P90 w/silence
desert eagle
bandolier
stopping p
steady aim

Otherwise:
M4w/silence
Desert Eagle
claymore
UAV jammer
Dead silence

superknijn
30-01-2008, 13:55
MP5 with red dot
M1911

RPG
Juggernaut
Steady aim

OR:

The above but martyrdom instead of Steady Aim, in case weird runny people are on the server.

You gotta love the MP5, especcially with Steady Aim on top. Also, I'm a great shot with RPG's, and Juggernaut is just nice to have.

five01st
30-01-2008, 14:26
M4 RDS/ACOG (depends on map)
USP - Silenced
Flash

3X Special
Stopping Power
Steady Aim

Forbiddenknowledge
30-01-2008, 15:31
I have three set ups I switch between mainly:

1:
G36, ACOG
DEagle
Claymore
Stopping power,
Steady Aim
1x Smoke/1x Frag

2:
Silenced P90
DEagle
Claymore
Stopping Power
Steady Aim
Smoke/Frag

3:
Barret/R700
DEagle
Claymore
Stopping power
Iron Lungs
Smoke/Frag

My biggest weakness is coming up against a n00bcannon, other than them, I can usually manage fine.

I tried to keep my two mainline ones suitable for most maps, with a sniper for fun. Never used to bother with silencer, but found it brilliant on maps like Bloc, as they don't see you shooting in their building :D

The_Dragon_Rising
30-01-2008, 16:46
My biggest weakness is coming up against a n00bcannon, other than them, I can usually manage fine.

Do you mean a LMG??

Deadite
30-01-2008, 17:16
I've really only "just started", and I'm up to rank 37. Just starting to experiment with the G36. Though, I have to say, some of the weapons I pick up, like the m14 or p90 are really appealling... haven't managed to pick up an MP44 though... hmmm....

I have 5 setups I usually run, with a couple of those being variable depending on the challenges or mood.

Snipe;
Currently an R700
whatever pistol (I try to pick up a different gun in it's place in game)
UAV jammer
Iron Lungs
Claymores
This one's my camper. Find a spot that's hard to spot with the gilly suit on and wait for shots or claymore's to pick off opponents. Gets me in trouble sometimes with the moving spawn locations...

Spec Ops
SMG of whatever flavor (I don't care for these much -save the p90), silencer or RDS whenever possible. Though right now, the G36C is filling this spot
Whatever pistol (again, doesn't matter)
UAV jammer
Stead Aim
Bandolier
My short range run-n-gun guy. Good on Vacant, Wetworks, or Showdown.

Assault1
Assault weapon (typically M4 with RDS or M16 with ACOG)
whatever pistol
The two greater damage/bullet penetration perks
Bandolier

All rounder... I start taking this guy when I'm having issues on certain maps.

Heavy 1
LMG of choice (usually SAW or M60E4 with either RDS or ACOG)
Same setup as Assault1

Heavy hitting All Rounder. Good Range, heavy damage, lotsa shots to bring down running or multiple enemies. This one sees a lot of use on my bad days (which occur more frequently than I'd like...) Though, I love playing the sniping game with the M60E4 and ACOG versus other snipers who think they're hiding behind a wall.

Assault2
Assault weapon needed for various challenges (right now G3 with RDS)
I'll change up the perks, but generally ends up being similar to Assault1 and Heavy1.
This guy is used on my better days, when I'm just trying to get the XP offered from finishing up various challenges. As Outlaw said, 1-2 shots with a kitted out G3 will usually drop most enemies.... it's just a matter of getting those shots off before being spammed by any other high fire-rate weapon/headshots.

Deadite
30-01-2008, 17:18
Not to hijack the thread, but has anyone ever successfully thrown back a grenade? They always seem to blow up in my hand...

SwordsofChaos
30-01-2008, 20:20
I have done it, you just have to watch for cooked grenades.

Anyway, I tend to use this:

G3 with Red-dot Sight
USP
3x Frag
Stopping Power
Martyrdom

This tends to let me hul grenades arund with impunity (often cooked) and still be able to two-shot most of my opponents. Thi setup works especially well for Bloc when playing headquartes, as I can throw cooked grenades into the windows and get lots of free kills.

I also use this:

P90 with silencer
USP
Claymores
Stopping power
Steady Aim

This is my so called Assassin. I set a trap using the claymores, then lure an enemy into it by firing off a salvo with the P90 at them, and then hiding, waitin for them to run into the claymore.

Rodman49
30-01-2008, 23:06
Wow, I'm surprised everyone is n00bing it up and not taking the shotgun, by far the best weapon in the game.

Primary: M1014 Shotgun w/ Grip
Secondary: M1911 .45
Perk One: N/A (Grip)
Perk Two: Juggernaut
Perk Three: Martyrdom

Except on Wetwork this setup will result in a positive k/d ratio just about every time. On Wetwork you usually want 3x Frags and Sonic Boom.

Drogmir
30-01-2008, 23:20
Am I the only one who takes Last Stand?

I find I end up killing more people while pistoling them dying on the ground that running around on top.

alex03
31-01-2008, 05:51
Just tried out last stand, and I havent gotten a single kill from it yet. Hmmm. Myrtydom on the other hand.....so fricking annoying.

On another COD4 topic, ummm Im like level 47 or so and I cant figure out the acog scope. Does the bullet hit above the "arrow", just under the arrow, or in the middle? I was blasting away at long range with a g3 with acog and couldnt hit the guy I had it on. It was pretty far away, but still. I can snipe from long distance better with a red dot sight than any of the damn scopes... maybe Im just not that good at being a sniper.

Forbiddenknowledge
31-01-2008, 08:30
Do you mean a LMG??

No, its not all LMG's, thats just what we call the RPD, as its the easiest to score kills with. Point in general direction, fire.

I'm not downing on its use (before I appear like an arrogant 23hour day gamer) its just the one weapon I can never get round, and most people I know call it a n00bcannon.

Lucky24/7
31-01-2008, 10:52
Best all round combo

50.Cal
P90 - Silence
frag x3/ Claymore on search and destroy defense
OverKill
Extream Conditioning/ Iron Lungs

Pop them them off from affar then p90 it up if they get too close

Tho im back to lvl 1 again so im back to the good old MP5

forgotten hero
31-01-2008, 11:41
G36C - ACOG scope - Blue Tiger Camo
D-Eagle
Bandolier
Stopping Power
Deep Impact

M1014 - Red Dot Scope - Digital Camo
D-Eagle
Bandolier
Juggernaut
Deep Impact

Barret 50. Cal - Woodland Camo
M1014 - Red Dot Scope - Digital Camo / G36C - ACOG scope - Blue Tiger Camo
Claymore x2
Overkill
Iron Lungs

And for Silenced

G36C - Silencer - Blue Tiger Camo
D-Eagle
Bandolier
Stopping Power
Deep Impact

Fun Fun Fun! :)

Oh and Its always Smoke Grenades.

-Rob

Deadite
31-01-2008, 14:34
Wow, I'm surprised everyone is n00bing it up and not taking the shotgun, by far the best weapon in the game.
...snip...
Except on Wetwork this setup will result in a positive k/d ratio just about every time. .

Short range. Plain and simple. (I think it's even shorter range than a pistol?) Unless you're adept at getting mixed in with enemies at close range, making every single shot count before they're able to smatter you at long(er) range or your flanks/rear, shotguns just don't work as well as spray and pray weapons for a vast majority of players.

If you're good enough for this, kudos to you! You're a far better gamer than most.
Though, calling everyone else "n00bs" and being that good of a gamer... not sure what that says about you personally/socially. ;)

Deadite
31-01-2008, 14:37
Best all round combo

50.Cal
P90 - Silence
frag x3/ Claymore on search and destroy defense
OverKill
Extream Conditioning/ Iron Lungs

Pop them them off from affar then p90 it up if they get too close

Tho im back to lvl 1 again so im back to the good old MP5

Just curious, how do you get the silenced p90 as a secondary?

alex03
31-01-2008, 15:15
Just curious, how do you get the silenced p90 as a secondary?

The overkill perk lets you have another "primary" gun. Its at level 47? or around there.

Deadite
31-01-2008, 15:25
The overkill perk lets you have another "primary" gun. Its at level 47? or around there.

Ah. Thanks for that alex. I never bothered to look it up and just assumed it was another damage modifier.
Thanks again! :)

cookiescrumble
31-01-2008, 17:48
Rank 38 for Overkill.

My favourite setup is:

M14 with Red dot
P90 with Red dot

3x Frags
Overkill
Martydom

Although I don't stick with one loadout for long. I try and unlock the 150 kill thing for every weapon as this is the quickest way to lvl up.

harlequin21
31-01-2008, 19:31
The n00b cannon is the M203 grenade launcher at least in my gaming group it is anyway.

My favourite set-up?

P-90 w/ Red Dot
D. Eagle
1x Frag / 1x Stun

Stopping Power
Last Stand
Bandolier / RPG x2

Outlaw289
31-01-2008, 20:12
Rank 38 for Overkill.

My favourite setup is:

M14 with Red dot
P90 with Red dot

3x Frags
Overkill
Martydom

Although I don't stick with one loadout for long. I try and unlock the 150 kill thing for every weapon as this is the quickest way to lvl up.

Search and Destroy is actually the fastest way. 50 points per kill, and a match bonus of around the same, plus a 100 points every time you plant the bomb. Sure you don't respawn, but rounds are quick. I went from level 28 to 42 in about 2 days playing S&D (I can't have a 360 at my school so I play the hell out of it when I'm home :angel: )

Sabotage is another good one, because its just like Team DM except it has a time limit, not a score limit.

Cagliostro
04-02-2008, 19:15
Silenced M14
Desert Eagle
Bandolier
UAV Jammer
Deep Impact

Red Dot P90
Silenced .45
3x frag
UAV Jammer
Extreme conditioning