PDA

View Full Version : Acceptable deffrolla stand ins?

Inquizitor Aohd
30-01-2008, 02:01
I love the Idea of a Deffrolla, and I want to include a few in my army. The problem is one traditional "steam roller" style deffrolla is enough for my tastes.

What are some good stand in ideas for the Deffrolla?

I have a few Ideas, But i would like to hear what you guys think is a good idea so that i can get an idea what the average player thinks is an acceptable idea.

Gensuke626
30-01-2008, 02:06
I have a chunk of CoD wall as the front of my BW (Specifically, the big doors, barred shut of course)...I keep telling people "If they want to claim it's not a count as DeffRolla, they have to show me physical evidence that being run over by a tank pushing a 2 ton piece of cement and steel is survivable."

WorLord
30-01-2008, 02:10
Maybe a big set of claws on the front - like on the chaos defiler. Maybe I've seen too many road runner cartoons, but suddenly I'm picturing an ork vehicle w/ a huge hammer in front to swing down and crush whatever is too close! :evilgrin:

As long as you tell your opponent what it is and model it to show that whatever it hits is in a world of hurt, go for it!

Inquizitor Aohd
30-01-2008, 02:12
Maybe a big set of claws on the front - like on the chaos defiler. Maybe I've seen too many road runner cartoons, but suddenly I'm picturing an ork vehicle w/ a huge hammer in front to swing down and crush whatever is too close! :evilgrin:

As long as you tell your opponent what it is and model it to show that whatever it hits is in a world of hurt, go for it!

The hammer idea is good.

Gensuke626
30-01-2008, 02:14
Oh! Oh! I just got a Flash of brilliance! I need to model grots Aiming some lascannon looking devices out around the sides towards the front of the tank. If the Opponent asks what they are I tell him "That's my DeffRolla Stand in....Da Grotz are Aiming the tank's special Cuttin' Beamz."

MaliGn
30-01-2008, 02:24
How about some kind of combine harvester type mowing devices with lots of sharp blades and whippy chains flailing around?

Actually I like that idea so much I'm going to nick it and stick it on a Word Bearer's Rhino.

azimaith
30-01-2008, 03:32
just about anything thats suitably cutty should work.

A giant steam roller, chomping mechanical jaws or pincers, saw blades, flails, or a giant cage full of ravening squigs that picks up infantry like a golf ball collector.