PDA

View Full Version : 3000 point Dark Elf Bestiary List

IronBrother
30-01-2008, 04:11
I wanted to make a fun beasty list with the dark elves as i thoroughly enjoy the manticore and hydra models. Here goes, I still have 52 points to spend but cannot find where to put them, so need help there. I am not planning to win any games but have fun and they will come.

High Sorceress General- Heart Stone of Darkness, Seal of Ghrond, Manticore
High Sorceress Crown of Black Iron, Manticore
Beastmaster Manticore, Lance, Light Armour, Sea Dragon Cloak, Ring of Hotek

Dark Riders 5 repeater crossbows, standard & musician

Cold One Knights 5 Full command
Shades 6
Shades 6

War Hydra
War Hydra
War Hydra

Violadudester
30-01-2008, 06:26
Cool list. But if this is a beast list, where is the Dragon? :evilgrin:

Uriain
31-01-2008, 02:45
Drop one High Sorc, one war Hydra and the Manticore on the other High Sorc. Get a Highborn on a Manticore (or Dragon) and some more units, cause that is a very small 3k list. I have more guys in my 2k then you have in your 3k.

Sludgehammer
31-01-2008, 02:48
I got more guys in my Skaven 500 pt list then that lol

Uriain
31-01-2008, 03:35
hehe. In all seriousness a 3k beast list should be roughly the size of a 2k list with 1 or no monsters imo. Troops still win you the day, monsters just add a bit more flare...and terror

Little Aaad
31-01-2008, 16:02
But, double charges will be more than terrorfying.

IronBrother
31-01-2008, 16:32
my goal is charge with more than one big thing at a time, making it harder for them is the goal. That and against shooting lines they have to pick between six monsters or harassing shades and dark riders. no one has offered up a suggestion of what i should do with the extra 52 points.

Little Aaad
31-01-2008, 17:25
Infact, a Triple charge with all three Manticores would prove undefeatable (as far as dark elves go anyway). I do not think that this list needs a dragon to be fair with everybody.

Uriain
31-01-2008, 17:30
I see your point IronBrother. Makes sense as well. The thing is, even two Hydra's (the strongest thing in your army) hitting a unit, there is still a good chance that you will not break them. CR is the bane of all monsters (cept maybe Star dragon and uber lord or Chaos Dragon and Uber Lord) which is why If you were to keep this list, I would have a unit of DR try and hit the flank of each unit you charge with a monster. This would help you out greatly. I think the list could be fun though. Very fluffly. With the last 52 points, get a Beast Master on foot to go in the middle Hydra and run them up as a trio. Give him LA/Additional HW/SDC and he is exactly 52. Helps out your Hydra's incase the handlers get shot or some such, also helps a bit in combat with an extra attack and keeps the theme going, PLUS... hrm, I dont have any more plus's. But I think it would be good.

IronBrother
31-01-2008, 17:53
yeah thanks, i don't know what i was thinking only the bm's manticore adds a hero slot. the point was to hit with either dr to the flank and beasty up front or cok up front and beasty on flank. i like that extra beastmaster thanks.

IronBrother
31-01-2008, 18:06
Here is the new updated list exactly 3000 points

High Sorceress General- Heart Stone of Darkness, Manticore
High Sorceress Crown of Black Iron, Manticore
Beastmaster Manticore, Lance, Light Armour, Sea Dragon Cloak, Ring of Hotek
Beastmaster ehw, sdc, la, seal of ghrond

Shades 6
Shades 6

War Hydra
War Hydra
War Hydra

Little Aaad
31-01-2008, 20:09
I know its not very fluffy but a unit of Spears would act as such a needed anvil to make this list competitive.

IronBrother
31-01-2008, 23:32
i want it to stay fluffy as gw has pretty much ensured that no army can be fluffy these days. I did play a 1k list today with bm w/manticore 2 units of dark riders, cok and a hydra. it was against we and a bunch of shooting, only the hydra survived out of both armies (though he only had one wound left) giving me a minor victory.

Little Aaad
01-02-2008, 17:35
If this is to win, your going to have to add a smallish anvil unit or a throw away unit. You could make a unit of Beastmasters with spears to be spearmen...

IronBrother
01-02-2008, 18:35
I am going for fun mostly, like i said before wins will come. if i need to win badly I will play my HE or WE. i'll think about it, although that unit would cost about $120 for 15 of them.

Conotor
02-02-2008, 20:23
Right of Hoteth???? Why would u even think of including that???

Also, u badly need a BSB in a 3000 points list. Cold one knights are useless without the hydra banner, so drop one unit and hydra the other with your BSB. Drop the BM on foot for the hero slot.

This army looks like it will beat anyhting that has no shooting, and otherwide fall apart halfway accross the table. Kinda risky. A few harpies or armored heroes on dark steeds would help with that.

Little Aaad
02-02-2008, 20:27
Right of Hoteth???? Why would u even think of including that???

Also, u badly need a BSB in a 3000 points list. Cold one knights are useless without the hydra banner, so drop one unit and hydra the other with your BSB. Drop the BM on foot for the hero slot.

This army looks like it will beat anyhting that has no shooting, and otherwide fall apart halfway accross the table. Kinda risky. A few harpies or armored heroes on dark steeds would help with that.

<Face-Palms>

Now your destroying his army.

@IronBrother: Not if you use the beatmaster apprentice models. But, I see what you mean.

IronBrother
02-02-2008, 22:53
@little aaad those models cost $10 a piece now too (with the new catalog).
@conotor i am sticking to fluff purely (as far as I can) and I am just going to let the rest of your comments roll off my shoulder, you are entitled to your opinion. keep in mind I too have a fair amount of shooting (32 in fact, not including Hydra) that is highly mobile. although, i have thought of taking only one unit of knights 10 strong, with the banner of murder.