PDA

View Full Version : Questions about Dawn of War patches

DonkeyMan
30-01-2008, 07:15
I had to reinstall my DoW yesterday. I want to patch the game, but am a bit confused at the moment (I have the standard games as I bought them each seperately).

DoW and DoW: WA are one game in the end and are patched at the same time.
Right now I think that after I installed DoW: WA the game is patched to version 1.40 and all I need is to download 1.41 (not the full patch, but the standard one) and then 1.50.
Is that correct?

DoW: DC is a game for itself.
I guess I can patch it to 1.20 seperately (downloading 1.10 first I guess)?

Son of the Lion
30-01-2008, 07:35
Yes and yes. Personally I wouldn't bother patching DC though - the 1.1 is just subtitles and 1.2 is hugely unbalanced. But you probably know that already.....

DonkeyMan
30-01-2008, 07:41
Yes and yes. Personally I wouldn't bother patching DC though - the 1.1 is just subtitles and 1.2 is hugely unbalanced. But you probably know that already.....

Great thanks!

Actually, I didn't know that about DC. I never patched my previous version, but that was because I didn't play it that much lately and then mostly in single player.
I might reconsider patching DC. I'll check some forums.

Son of the Lion
30-01-2008, 07:47
It is a matter of opinion of course - IG and Tau suffered somewhat of a downscaling and Necrons got a genuinely puzzling set of improvements, considering they were already one of the more powerful races. Also, if you like to mod or tinker with your game (like me) 1.2 can cause problems there as well.

Kiro
30-01-2008, 09:44
Personally I wouldn't bother patching DC though - the 1.1 is just subtitles and 1.2 is hugely unbalanced. But you probably know that already.....

QFT. I don't think you need to patch anyway, unless you're planning on playing online. Even then I could be wrong.

Typheron
30-01-2008, 09:48
Installing the addons (WA & DC) will auto patch your DoW up to a playable level for DC.

After that as stated you dont need to patch if your not playing online and are not affected by any game killing bugs.