PDA

View Full Version : Best Co-op and/or "Fun" Racing games?

Deadite
30-01-2008, 17:28
I've felt guilty about playing CoD4 too much on the TV lately and neglecting the wife. So, I'm trying to get her to get interested in video games as well (since the writers strike means there is absolutly NOTHING on TV anymore). Her interest was piqued when she saw the Burnout:Paradise City commercials on TV... so on to XBL and download the demo. She loved it... but had trouble with the controller driving.
So, I bought a racing wheel she can use, picked up Burnout Revenge and Paradise City. She loved the crashes, and the "Ohhhhh!" factor you get while watching the horrendous crashes in Paradise is just priceless.
I've had experience with Forza and Grand Turismo, and although I like those, I know those are real snoozers for her (and to be honest, I get bored with them as well). From these I realize I don't want "technical" racing games.
So, I think I need to find some "Fun" games (i.e., the kind of racers you see in the arcades) that we can both play.
Any suggestions for games with fun/goofy racetracks? And I don't want to limit it to cars, if you know of bike, boat or any type of Fun racer that can use the wheel to play, please share.

The_Outsider
30-01-2008, 17:32
Err....Midnight club? Thats pretty fun if you ask me.

Things like wipeout also apply - but since you said XBL I assume thats out of the question.

theunwantedbeing
30-01-2008, 17:43
Hm....Well I cant think of anything else.
You could get yourself a gamecube and f-zero GX as thats rather fun to play, although if you dont like games like gran tourismo and forza I dont suppose you'de like that one as its the same sort of skill level and may be difficult to follow.
Although possibly worht a look if she likes burnout.

Wont set you back more than about 20 these days for a cube with f-zero and a couple of controllers :P

Redstormrisen
01-02-2008, 20:52
Would you be restricted to only racers?

Because Lego star wars is one of the best games on the 360 at present now IMO.

Deadite
04-02-2008, 15:05
well, I was looking for games that would actually utilize the $100 steering wheel I purchased... but I guess the bigger point would be any kind of arcade style games that the wife might enjoy. She yawned at SW Lego though...

Thanks though.

The_Outsider
04-02-2008, 15:27
Perhaps PGR?

SwordsofChaos
04-02-2008, 15:57
Well, Army of Two is coming out soon, if thats the stuff your looking for. As for racing games, I have no idea.

Urza
12-02-2008, 12:06
Burnout Paradise is an amazing online racing game, either in co-op or vs mode.

Online Co-op has about 350 challenges to be completed. Each challenge is for between 2 and 8 players and you have to work as a team to complete each one. They involve simple stuff like racing against traffic or getting a certain amount of collective airtime to more complex stuff like getting every member of your team to land on the roof of a certain building and stay there until you are all on the roof.

Its the best fun I've had with a racing game since Carmageddon :D

The_Outsider
12-02-2008, 12:11
Burnout Paradise is an amazing online racing game, either in co-op or vs mode.

Problem though is paradise has no local multiplayer.

However the old burnouts do and are pretty darn fun.