PDA

View Full Version : Themed Orc list (based off a book)

Uriain
31-01-2008, 05:57
Hello all, I have been reading here for the past while so I thought I would sign up. I am normally a Dark Elf player, and do a raiding theme'd list but I am looking at what I think would be fun to play after I finish my DE. I just finished re-reading a great novel (imo) from Forgotten Realms called Thousand Orcs. The just of it is basically a orc horde being lead by a very powerfull boss lays siege all across the land to carve out his own domain and such, great fights between them and the dwarves (which works well cause I game with a Dwarf player) After re-reading that book, It struck me how cool it would be to try and re-create his army. So in following this is a completely theme'd Orc list off the book. I figure it wont be to competitive but I think it would be fun to play, and most importantly, It is completely different from Dark Elves. I thought that the 'Ard boys list from SoC would best represent this type of list, so I am using that as my template. 'Ere we go

Black Orc Warboss
Shaga's Screamin Sword
War Boss Umm's Best Boss 'At
Enchanted Shield
'Eavy armour.
*246*

Borgut Face Beater
*175*

Orc Shaman
Lvl 2
Waaagh Paint
Effigy of Mork
*145*

29 Boyz
Shield/FC
(Warboss go in this unit)
*199*

29 Boys
FC/Shields
*199*
(Borgut in here)

24 Boys
FC/Shields
*169*
(shaman in here)

25 Boys
FC/Shield
*175*

25 Boys
FC/Shield
*175*

Rock Lobba
Bully
*75*

Rock Lobba
Bully
*75*

4 Trolls
*120*

Giant
*205*

Effigy of Gork
*40*

Exactly two thousand points, which I am pretty happy with because most of my lists are always a few points under. Again, I know this isnt optimal, and even against some other fun lists would prolly not fair well. All I ask, is that if you brought a all commers list against this (as does the group of people I play with) how much do you think you would enjoy or dis-like playing this list. Thanks for any comments.

mossel
31-01-2008, 20:23
I wouldn't mind playing against it. Playing with it, I'd try to fit in a unit of Black Orcs, as it is a 'Ardboyz list. Maybe replace the Giant with a unit?

On the other hand, it seems a decent list, kinda like my regular Orc army, though some 'minor' changes.

Violadudester
01-02-2008, 07:46
This is a pretty tame list imo. I agree with mossel's comment on some black orcs, it just isn't an ard'boyz list without them.