PDA

View Full Version : 2000pt High Elves - take all comers

FarseerAuhlBahne
31-01-2008, 09:15
Hi Guys

Well i have just recently started up with fantasy again and have decided to start a High Elf Army.

I've played 6 games now with 2 wins, 1 draw and 3 losses.
although the last loss was down to me not paying proper attention and making silly mistakes.

well here soes.

Heroes

Noble - 138pts (general)
Lance, Helm Of Fortune, Dragon Armour, Shield, Barded Elven Steed

Noble - 168pts
Battle Standard Bearer, Great Weapon, Armour Of Caledor, Guardian Pheonix

Mage - 180pts
Lvl 2, Sacred Insence, Jewel Of Dusk

Mage - 185 pts
Lvl 2, Dispell Scroll x2, Silver Wand

Core

Spearelves - 14 - 141pts
Banner Bearer, Musician

Lothern Sea Guard - 12 - 171pts
Banner Bearer, Musician, Shields

Special

Swordmasters Of Hoeth - 12 - 243pts
Banner Bearer, Musician, Standard Of Balance

White Lions Of Chrace - 12 - 235pts
Full Command, Lion Standard

Dragon Princes - 5 - 195pts
Banner Bearer, Musician, Banner Of Ellyrion

White Lion Chariot - 140pts

Rare

Reaper Bolt Thrower - 100pts

Thats 1996pts and 66 models
Power Dice - 7
Dispell Dice - 4
Dispell Scroll - 2

any thoughts Or Comments

northwoodDreamer
31-01-2008, 14:30
Hi Guys

Well i have just recently started up with fantasy again and have decided to start a High Elf Army.

I've played 6 games now with 2 wins, 1 draw and 3 losses.
although the last loss was down to me not paying proper attention and making silly mistakes.

well here soes.

Heroes

Noble - 138pts (general)
Lance, Helm Of Fortune, Dragon Armour, Shield, Barded Elven Steed

Noble - 168pts
Battle Standard Bearer, Great Weapon, Armour Of Caledor, Guardian Pheonix

Mage - 180pts
Lvl 2, Sacred Insence, Jewel Of Dusk

Mage - 185 pts
Lvl 2, Dispell Scroll x2, Silver Wand

Core

Spearelves - 14 - 141pts
Banner Bearer, Musician

Lothern Sea Guard - 12 - 171pts
Banner Bearer, Musician, Shields

Special

Swordmasters Of Hoeth - 12 - 243pts
Banner Bearer, Musician, Standard Of Balance

White Lions Of Chrace - 12 - 235pts
Full Command, Lion Standard

Dragon Princes - 5 - 195pts
Banner Bearer, Musician, Banner Of Ellyrion

White Lion Chariot - 140pts

Rare

Thats 1996pts and 66 models
Power Dice - 7
Dispell Dice - 4
Dispell Scroll - 2

any thoughts Or Comments

I don't play HE and have only played against the new book once, so take my advice with a grain of salt. My main problem with this list is that you don't have a single unit large enough to be able to take shooting or magic damage. However, if you are adapt at running a list of MSU then you should be okay. It'll just take some getting used to on your part.

Uriain
31-01-2008, 18:23
Just going to comment because I have been playing against HE alot lately (buddy is trying them out). First couple things. There are certian units that need to be either 12 or 18+. Sword Masters (imo) are best at a unit str of 12. White lions and Phoenix Guard are units that do best at 18+. This is because Sword masters are feared greatly (same with Dragon Princes) and take alot of heat, so a smaller unit takes the focus off. Plus, he other two units have a lot more survivabillity against shooting stuffs. Secondly. Your BSB cannot have a Great Weapon. I know it doesnt say he cant, but I think you will find alot of people giving you the hairy eyeball when you attack at str 6 while weilding a giant banner, just me on that though, others may differ.

I think if you put more focus on which aspect you enjoyed more (sword masters or Dragon princes etc.) you would find the list mesh's better. Though you might need to lose something to make the units a bit bigger to compensiate for shooting and magic loses. Another thing. If you are taking spearelves and Lothern Sea Guard, you might as well take the Sea Guard, they get all the bonus's of spearelves but can also shoot, when helps you out greatly. Sure they are only str 3, but every shot counts when your an elf.

FarseerAuhlBahne
01-02-2008, 06:59
I agree with most Of what you are Saying.
Except the white Lions. If i run them @ 18 Points they become a heavy POits Sink and since i run them 6 wide to get enough attacks in they are already difficult to get to work properly.

I do tend to use the Princes and chariot together, now with the addition of the Noble they do very Well.
THe white lions have a 3+ save VS shooting, while i attach the sacred incense mage to the Swordmasters.
After 1 turn of shooting most players stop shooting at the swordmasters.

reason for the Spearelves over the Seaguard is that you can get more of them and if you run them in a tag team like me they work wel.

spearelves take the charge and the seaguard hit the enemy unit in the flank next turn..
I really wish i could find the points to run 2 x 15 man sea guard squads but the are just to expensive for taht.