banner
148pts
erkenbrand
horse
75pts
498pts

brettz123
02-02-2008, 19:07
I would say lose the elves. You should keep your entire force mounted. Why not take some mounted warriors of rohan with bows or even better get some outriders. Also consider adding in another captain and / or a banner.

Neknoh
02-02-2008, 19:16
Agreed on loosing the elves, as it stands right now, I would not call this a Théoden's host, I'd call it Eomer's Rohirrim.

Drop the elves and buy Rohan Royal Guard for the points

huron
02-02-2008, 19:24
I called it theodens host because thats what the list is called in lome.And could you tell me about the advantages of outriders.Bows come automaticly with riders of rohan and I was putting the elves in their for taking on the best of the other army with their high fight value.I might put some more riders in their instead of the elves or erkenbrand and some royal guard.

Kroot Lord
02-02-2008, 19:35
For 2 points extra you get a fate and a better shoot value in trade for less defence.

SOmething to remember though is they are heroes, so do not count for 33% and do NOT get Stand Fast benefits.

Neknoh
02-02-2008, 19:47
and only seven elves won't really net you anything, since they will all have to struggle to get into the actual combat, they are easy pickings for enemies due to their D4 and lack of a horse to keep them afloat.
A high fight is deffinately prefferable, however, extra attack and knock to the ground is stricktly better in a manouverable force that doesn't want to get locked down in close combat too much.

Add another Rohan captain for more Might, then throw in Royal Guard for the remainding points, the elves should net you one captain and four or so Royal Guards IIRC

huron
02-02-2008, 20:13
ok i'll edit the list should be back up in a mo