PDA

View Full Version : New old units

scratchbuilt
03-02-2008, 15:56
List units that have disappeared that you'd like to see come back. Or units you'd like to see jump from one system to another.

Genestealer cults: Hybrids, magus, gaurdsmen
Epic chaos: tzeench towers, khorne blood thingy, that khorne freak on wheels, trolls, beastman
Lotd: chaos units from inquisition list
Old Nids: grabber slasher, mindslaves
Squats
Inquisitor: conversion beamer, webgun, jetbikes, penal troops, robots, tarantula, thudgunn, mole mortar, other various 'dark age of technology' weapons

Sir_Turalyon
03-02-2008, 16:03
*Braces himself for Chaos and Ork players whining*

But as you already asked, I'd like to see Exterminator and Vanquisher variants of Leman Russ back in the Guard codex. Maybe Guard land speeder too, just for laugh.

studderigdave
03-02-2008, 16:05
plaguebearers

Bunnahabhain
03-02-2008, 16:07
Assualt cannon sentinals....

The Judge
03-02-2008, 16:20
Eldar Pirates... not Dark Eldar.

Whoever mentions Squats should be dealt with in the appropriate manner.

Lord Damocles
03-02-2008, 16:42
Squats! :p

Reaver83
03-02-2008, 16:54
all my pretty demons...

MrBigMr
03-02-2008, 16:58
Leman Russ Exterminator, Guard Land Raider and Guard Land Speeder.

oceansoul
03-02-2008, 17:02
Guard assault cannon sentinels, then we'd see marine players whine about ranged rending rather than saying there's no problem with it.
Squats
Genestealer hybrids
All the old tanks, I see no reason for there to be such a limited variety of armour in the 41st millennium

scratchbuilt
03-02-2008, 17:04
Guard assault cannon sentinels, then we'd see marine players whine about ranged rending rather than saying there's no problem with it.
Squats
Genestealer hybrids
All the old tanks, I see no reason for there to be such a limited variety of armour in the 41st millennium

Which tanks, I'm ignorant...

Bloodknight
03-02-2008, 17:11
Griffon, Exterminator and Vanquisher.

They got taken out because they did not sell too well, which IMO was due a flaw in their rules, not a fault of the models.

The Griffon should not have been a HS choice competing with the Basilisk and its stronger gun without being able to be taken in squadrons of 2 per slot - or an Elites or FA choice.

The Exterminator had no ordnance, but could not move and shoot all its guns in 3rd edition which made it inferior to the "real" Russ. In 4th edition it is at least on par in the damage department vs marines, better against spread out non-MEQs and would be a viable choice.

The Vanquisher was overpriced, therefore underused and did not have a model, therefore they took it out.

I use all of them with their FW rules since I've bought them when the Griffon and Ex were still metal/plastic hybrids from Citadel.

The_Outsider
03-02-2008, 17:12
Dark Eldar.

Oh wai-

oceansoul
03-02-2008, 17:13
Braincrushers, Gutrippers, and the original Razorback to name a few.

Oh and I'd also like to see the return of the old mobile gun platforms for the Imperium [tarantulas and rapier laser destroyers]

clanfield
03-02-2008, 17:20
mole mortars, real chaos marines with tenticals and such,
picenian warriors (pre rt model fish men very cool)
and rogue traders as an army option

and nice old orky tanks

scratchbuilt
03-02-2008, 17:56
Well you can still use the real chaos models, though I remember when tentacles, eye stalks etc made a difference.