PDA

View Full Version : Look Out Sir!

KellerMeister
29-09-2005, 08:00
In the 4th Ed Undead Book it says for Curse of Years that the Look Out Sir-rule does not apply. Is this still in affect in todays rules?

Atrahasis
29-09-2005, 08:12
In the 4th Ed Undead Book it says for Drain Life and Curse of Years that the Look Out Sir-rule does not apply to them. Is this still in affect in todays rules?

Is the same rule in the 6th edition VC or TK books?

NO.

KellerMeister
29-09-2005, 09:13
[After reading the RB I humbly withdraw the question on Drain Life]

I wonder because the rules for Look Out Sir only covers shooting (and therefore also magic missiles) and template weapons (and therefore template spells) and Curse of Years is not distributed as shooting or uses a template BUT opponents keep claiming that the Look Out Sir rule applies. In fourth ed it is clearly stated that it does not apply and in 6th i can't find a rule to govern it at all. Any page- or FAQ reference?

Latro
29-09-2005, 09:51
"Look out Sir! ... you're getting old!" :eek:

Sorry, couldn't help myself :cool:

Atrahasis
29-09-2005, 09:56
I wonder because the rules for Look Out Sir only covers shooting (and therefore also magic missiles) and template weapons (and therefore template spells) and Curse of Years is not distributed as shooting or uses a template BUT opponents keep claiming that the Look Out Sir rule applies. In fourth ed it is clearly stated that it does not apply and in 6th i can't find a rule to govern it at all. Any page- or FAQ reference?

"Look Out, Sir!" applies only to template attacks, nothing else.

T10
29-09-2005, 10:05
Indeed.

The Look Out Sir is relevant to templates.

Against shooting or spells that deal a number of hits or wounds to the unit the character is unaffected if there are five or more rank-and-file troops in the unit, otherwise the hits/wounds are randomized.

If all models in the unit are affected then the character is affected as well.

-T10

Scythe
29-09-2005, 11:38
"Look Out, Sir!" applies only to template attacks, nothing else.

It applies to cannonballs trajects as well.

But anyway, the curse affects EACH model in the unit. champs and characters included (altough I believe characters stop suffering from the curse when they leave the unit).

KellerMeister
29-09-2005, 11:42
"Look out Sir! ... you're getting old!" :eek:

Sorry, couldn't help myself :cool:

Old! Old?! One is as old as one feels, by jimminie! I guess you derive my high age from the fact that I have the 4th ed book. Have no fear, young rapscallion, I bought both the 4th and 5th ed Undead/VC books last year for trivia. :)

Atrahasis/T10: Thanks!

Atrahasis
29-09-2005, 11:55
It applies to cannonballs trajects as well. .

That's because cannon are treated as template weapons.

Griefbringer
29-09-2005, 12:09
It applies to cannonballs trajects as well.

Cannonball bounce counts as a template - just a rather narrow one.

NakedFisherman
29-09-2005, 13:10
Is the same rule in the 6th edition VC or TK books?

NO.

It still doesn't apply, though. Look Out Sir! is only for template weapons.