PDA

View Full Version : require assistance with campaign promotional video

Aun'aart'al
03-02-2008, 18:32
I was thinking of something along the lines of scenes from games of DoW (any would do, really) that involve Imperial Guard, Space Marines, Eldar, Chaos, and Orks. I ask for help because I don't have the proper programs to do this myself, I lack the knowledge to do it, and well, it would go faster if I had help anyway :p

I was hoping for a few videos, perhaps one for each army involved (about 7 or so), they wouldn't have to be too long, only about 30-45 seconds each, that should be long enough?

I can easily work with anyone willing or interested in helping with this. The campaign is not scheduled yet, but it is still months away, so there is enough time to get this done. The campaign itself will be a few months long (~2), just like the first one, but these videos are more of a.. recollection of the last 8 years of the campaign thus far.. (Narrator: "With the rebels pushed back, the vast Imperial Guard, with Space Marine support, continued to punish any fortress or enemy position they came across with unrelenting cannon fire.." and then have a scene of some basilisks firing there)

anyway, I posted it here because it is GW-related, but it also doesn't discuss background or armies in general, so if a moderator decides to move it, I will thank them if it is in the wrong location :)

Jimbobjeff
03-02-2008, 20:45
You could use dawn of war and fraps to get some ok scenes but the good version of fraps is expensive......

Aun'aart'al
03-02-2008, 20:48
yes, I mentioned in my very first sentence that "I was thinking of something along the lines of scenes from games of DoW," so I think that part is settled

Sekhmet
04-02-2008, 02:49
Frapsing DoW is basically the only option, unless you have a LOT of money to spend doing your own animation (as it will cost money... hundreds or thousands of hours of work)

Qualdinesh
04-02-2008, 03:14
You can try this program as well if you don't want to use Fraps.

http://www.planetgamecam.com/

imperial_scholar
04-02-2008, 16:36
If your thinking of making a cut sequence from DOW, fraps is your best bet. PlanetGameCam looks alright. With anything though, I tend to lean towards the web standard. Your best bet is maybe find some clips on youtube close to what you want and use them.

Aun'aart'al
07-02-2008, 00:25
hmm would anyone be interested in helping with this? I would also like to add some "dynamic" feeling to the movie clips

RedSarge
07-02-2008, 02:22
describe "dynamic" in your opinion.

Aun'aart'al
08-02-2008, 00:41
how it's presented, as in, "shady" borders that move while the video is playing, certain types of music, some voice overs that say just the right stuff..

dynamic :D