PDA

View Full Version : Best Waaagh Ever!!!

lparigi34
03-02-2008, 19:41
I just felt like posting this...

I was not so fond on that Waaagh rule, I used like 10 times before and usually did not make any difference at all.

My yesterday's opponent probably felt the same way... 'til yesterday.

He was playing a rather mobile 2500pts Chaos Tzench force, nasty army indeed, usually he gets me with all that casting dice and a couple of big Horror units. His Lord and Cavalry units are awesome fighters, so he has at least two'fers of the game already in the pocket (HTH and Magic). As I had no shooting at all and he had the Hellcannon, I guess he dominated Shooting too.

Mine was a Gorbad lead Orc Foot Horde (no gobbos at all, amazing sight, btw), with a couple of Boar units and a single chariot to move on the flanks. No magic but two scroll caddies and no warmachines. So I guess my only advantage where Mobility (several Orc Foot units and support units), and my plan was to use it wisely.

The decision of not taking gobbos is pretty crippling, as it is harder to use Orc baits, for the main reason that they can cause panic on other Orcs. Anyhow, I was resting confident that Gorbad's awesome leadership over his army will help my plans go Ok.

1st turn, he gets the 1st move and advances his lines toward mines, horrors kill few orcs, but I was playing Gorbad and at Ld10 nobody panicked... Rest of his magic was heavily scrolled off, he was rolling pretty good and I wanted no surprises so early in the game. Hellcannon did nothing.

Now, I see the opportunity to move forward and cried Waaagh!

Amazingly, most of my units rolled high enough to move forward and 75% percent of my army was able to declare charges, which I did.

One big main battle was developing on my right flank. One of the Boar units got lucky and charged a character riding a chariot that was covering the main unit flank, they beat the chariot and charged the flank of the main unit earning its right to fight again... luckily, as that was very important to get that 4+ bonus in Cr (nullify his +3 ranks and get +1 flank charge)... And that was exactly the same score I won the combat by... He fled straight into a building.

On the left flank a Boar unit charged his bigger Horror unit that vanished into the warp... :D

The rest of the game was pretty straightforward. Both his casters dead, all his remaining Horrors magic was easily handled, all I had to do was to pursue small units across the battlefield.

We didn't keep score, but I guess I gave not even a single VP away, but half a 5 Orc Boar Unit.

For Gork and Mork!

WAAAGH!!!!!

Malorian
03-02-2008, 19:58
Nice going : ) I've found that this rule is actually a big deal and I've been caught by it several times.

Glad to see I'm not the only one ;)

zak
03-02-2008, 22:56
The Waaaagh rule is very good. It only affects the units you want to charge, rather than the ones you don't like the spell of the same name. If you have full rank bonus then any role of 3 or more is going to mean a potential charge range of 14", which means your opponent can never garauntee being out of charge range after the first turn. It really makes maneouvering for the charge difficult against Orcs.

SevenSins
04-02-2008, 09:38
waaagh is good, serves that Tzeentch guy right. Magic? Bah, Humbug!

magicmike45
14-02-2008, 17:24
nice WAAAAAGGGHHH!!!, i hate that rule...