PDA

View Full Version : lizardmen 2k no toad!

Wolfmother
04-02-2008, 14:56
well being a x vamp counts codex when i herd the new vc book was coming out i was not best pleased. so i thought AH lizardmen!

oldblood, bsoq, bsot, sotsr, glyph necklace, enchanted shield, light armour 273

scar vet, bsoq, bsot, bsb, totem of prophecy, light armour

scar vet, bsoq, light armour, ???????

(2x) 24x saurus, command, bsot, bsoq

(2x) 10 skinks with scout

10x skinks

24x saurus command, bsoq

1976 points

this includes 50pts of magic items on my scar vet but i need advice on what to take on him.

c and c welcome

Mouchliazo
04-02-2008, 15:24
As a first note, it's much easier for the reader to use the spawning's name than an acronym. I can't even understand what sotsr on the oldblood is (the scimitar, probably?)

Anyhow, this is a very static list, and the saurus warriors are nice but not enough to withstand an attack from all sides, and you will definitely be outmaneuvered. Only dwarves are slower than our army, but they have shooting and units capable of taking an charge. Taking a few sauri out will leave you plenty of space for support units like Kroxigors and Salamanders and make you much more mobile.

Malorian
04-02-2008, 18:27
You'll have a lot of problems with this list. A plain saurus and skink list will be hard to use against most armies.

Try to get more elements in there.

Wolfmother
04-02-2008, 18:29
i migh drop a saurus block then drop the bsoq on the other two and get duel stegadons

W0lf
04-02-2008, 18:31
You realise that no lizarmen players think saurus blocks viable, theyre too many points for M4 Troops that cant hold a charge.

Oh and for the love of god give him the 4+ ward against S5 plus you noob. Anything below s5 is at a min of 5+ to wound and you will still get a 2+ save vs it..

Malorian
04-02-2008, 18:33
Maybe look at some units like salamanders and terradons or saurus cav so you have some better shooting and speed in your list.

Also remember that skinks are a horrible throw away unit because being skirmishers they line up to the opponent when he charges, so it's hard to control the battlefield.

You also (in the initial list) have more saurus than I do in 3000. They are tough, but need to be supported. I'd only take several big blocks if there was a slann to protect. Since there isn't you'll have to take the offensive in other areas (speed and shooting)

Uriain
04-02-2008, 18:56
I am not a lizardmen player, though I enjoy the army alot, like others have said manoverabililty will be your downfall. If you drop'd each unit to 18-20 guys you could get some Salamanders which, imo, are one of the best units the Lizardmen can have. Some people may not like kroxigors (as being the same as ogres basically) but I think they are great and would always try and include at least 1 unit of 3 to help a block out. With 5 DD you will still feel a bit of pain from magic, but I like the no casters thing, When I proxy lizardmen I use the same, and my O&G player fields his no magic list to (banner for DD and such) so its a good ol jungle fever brawl. Just look at getting some more mobility and some salamanders and I think you will do well