PDA

View Full Version : Does GW sell the components of any minis now-Duplicate-CLOSED

jfrazell
05-02-2008, 11:25
I knew they had shortened their lines. but after going through their site for a previous thread on valhallans, I can't find any minis (at least in the guard line) that has the components breakout? Is that the case? If so I may have made my last army, as I'm all about conversions at this point.

ctsteel
05-02-2008, 11:30
the answer is not clear just yet, they have a bits catalog available for download on their website but it is pitifully lacking in range. My understanding is that now they have stripped back their online store, they will slowly build it up again selling bits packs and upgrade options as kits, rather than just allowing individual components to be selected.

As for the older imperial guard, I have read on here that they weren't coming back. The bits catalog does however include several models from those lines, including the valhallan heavy weapon teams, so don't lose all hope yet.

The Judge
05-02-2008, 11:34
Basically... no.

When they expand the current range of "bitz packs" (if ever...) then inidividual pieces will still be all but impossible to find. The only bitz now are in packs that tend to come with a load of unnecessary crap and are quite expensive.

jfrazell
05-02-2008, 11:37
Thats just brilliant. Had this occurred six months ago, they would have lost funds from a compelte army of mine. Oh well.

Arbas
05-02-2008, 11:56
Start a swap shop for unwanted parts .... sort of a communal bits box.

Stella Cadente
05-02-2008, 12:01
well I know one thing, places like Battlewagon bits (who already seriously overcharge) are gonna make a killing now

Richter Kless
05-02-2008, 12:09
well I know one thing, places like Battlewagon bits (who already seriously overcharge) are gonna make a killing now

Unfortunately, I believe stores like that are getting killed now. (by GW)

jfrazell
05-02-2008, 12:12
Yes, there's a thread the BB is being shut down by GW.

Stella Cadente
05-02-2008, 12:19
well if battlewagon bits actually had fair pricing I MIGHT feel sorry for them, but I don't

rkunisch
05-02-2008, 12:48
The GW stores usually had a assortment of bits (broken or incomplete blisters and boxes for example). Maybe they continue to have them and are able to help you out?

Have fun,

Rolf.

Stella Cadente
05-02-2008, 12:49
The GW stores usually had a assortment of bits (broken or incomplete blisters and boxes for example). Maybe they continue to have them and are able to help you out?
I doubt it, every store I know says there not allowed to offer bits because of company policy (I dunno what that policy is, they avoid that subject like the plague)

mechu95
05-02-2008, 13:03
Anybody know if BitzBoxUK is getting shut down too? I hope not. Well, I better hurry getting my Khorne bitz.

The Judge
05-02-2008, 13:05
The idea of completely converted armies (like my wraith-necron army where everyone had wraith tails instead of legs) is basically screwed.

There's always the plastic route, which GW have been increasingly encouraging, but I hate plastic compared to metal, and dislike buying entire boxes just for a few pieces.

jfrazell
05-02-2008, 13:19
I bought 55 dire wolf heads for my converted bloodletters through GW's bitz order. There is no way I would have bought 55 actual dire wolves. Further I would not have bought five beastmen boxes or the ogres, shaggoths, spawn and Belakor I used to fill out the army.

EDIT: You can't get plastic component sprues either.

Vaz84
05-02-2008, 15:17
Battlewagon Bitz actually only sells PLASTIC bitz.. GW slashed the METAL bit line. It'd be suicide for BW bitz to start buying metal kits to get bitz. For people who want like, 20 sonic blasters, thats 20 EC box's. Who is going to buy the 160 chaos marines?

kkoene
05-02-2008, 15:26
This will just make the trade threads even MORE important to those of us who like to convert. Places like WarSeer and Bartertown and their communities will need to step up. It'll be up to ourselves to make sure bitz continue to exchange hands. I wouldn't be surprised if you see larger swap meets taking place at local game cons. Some how, some way, the bitz will be traded/sold. If the market demands it, there will develop a way for the market to support it. Just watch and see.

t-tauri
05-02-2008, 16:19
We've an extensive thread on this here (http://warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=125048). Thread closed.