PDA

View Full Version : 2k Wood Elves

destroyerhive
05-02-2008, 18:01
Was thinking of running a 2k Wood Elf list, would be grateful for any pointers

Highborn
Helm of the Hunt, Briarsheath, Bow of Loren, Arcane Bodkins, Alter Kindred, Great Weapon-281

Branchwraith
Lvl.1-115

Spellsinger
Lvl.2, Calaingors Stave, Dispel Scroll-175

Spellsinger
Lvl.2-125

10 Glade Guard-120

10 Glade Guard-120

12 Dryads- 144

12 Dryads- 144

6 Wardancers
Musician-115

6 Wardancers-108

3 War-hawk Riders-120

6 Waywatchers-144

Treemam-285

Total-1996

7 Power Dice
5 Dispel Dice

70 Models

Any pointers would be great:p

Lyonator
05-02-2008, 18:15
first off, I'd split the 2x 12 dryads into three units of 8...

secondly, I'd ask what your goals, magically speaking are...
you're gone about as magic heavy as you can without taking a Lord level caster...
are you hoping to do a lot of treesinging?
does your area have a magic heavy metagame?

At around 2k, I only take three levels of caster (including the 'wraith) and that does a good enough job of magic defense...
but then again, I don't take a lord choice either, so have more troops to spread incoming fire to...

seems like a pretty balanced force, though a little top heavy, especially considering how few places your mages have to hide, and how squishy they are.
should work out OK for ya though.

destroyerhive
05-02-2008, 19:59
Goals magicaly speaking are to move trees round, and generally cause disruption in the enemy lines.

Krootman
05-02-2008, 22:30
first off, I'd split the 2x 12 dryads into three units of 8...

secondly, I'd ask what your goals, magically speaking are...
you're gone about as magic heavy as you can without taking a Lord level caster...
are you hoping to do a lot of treesinging?
does your area have a magic heavy metagame?

At around 2k, I only take three levels of caster (including the 'wraith) and that does a good enough job of magic defense...
but then again, I don't take a lord choice either, so have more troops to spread incoming fire to...

seems like a pretty balanced force, though a little top heavy, especially considering how few places your mages have to hide, and how squishy they are.
should work out OK for ya though.

Ok few things, I agree about spliting the units of dryads up.

1) why are you taking a highborn....that lord looks good on paper but unless your playing brets or a knightly order empire army its never going to earn its points back...imo your better off taking the standard alter noble.

2)I would drop the waywatchers as imo they are not worth it and use the points for them and the points you save on the highborn and take a unit of 3 treekin they are the hardest hitting unit you can get.

3)add cluster fo radience to your branchwrath or annoyence of nettings either works and the 2nd makes you 10x better in challenges.

4)imo drop one glade guard unit and add a scouting unit and use all the points you have left for another unit of dryads or glade riders (if you have the pts).

Stonerkid655321
06-02-2008, 01:29
It looks like a decent army.

However I would try to find a way to get another treeman in there, they are amazing.

Stonerkid655321

However I would try to find a way to get another treeman in there, they are amazing.

Stonerkid655321