PDA

View Full Version : 'Ard Boyz...So you wanna be a contenda'...

Esco Thomson
05-02-2008, 20:59
So with the not too far off Fantasy round of the "Ard Boyz tournament approaching, I am curious as to see who people think will be the main contending armies, and why.

I myself will be bringing my beloved Tomb Kings, they perform quite well at higher points levels. I am rather undecided if to bring any special characters or not though.

I expect to see a good number of high elves as well.

Lyonator
05-02-2008, 21:03
Between my not having enough points, and Woodies not being fantastic at higher points values...
I just won't take anything
: P

Wargamejunkie
05-02-2008, 21:42
I am planning on taking my beastmen, but if that fails I still have my skaven

Phazael
05-02-2008, 22:20
I expect Daemonic Legions, High Elves, Empire, and Brettonians to be the most prevalent armies. I expect Empire, Tomb Kings, and Daemonic Legions (especially nurgle and tzeench based ones) to be the top contenders.

Goldenwolf
05-02-2008, 23:40
What no Orcs and Goblins? Being able to field 3 Giants and a Wyvern will be fun :)

SlaaneshSlave
05-02-2008, 23:44
It will be interesting to see how Skaven do.

Everyone loves to say they are overpowered. I disagree. Now we will be able to see.

Bunny Lord
06-02-2008, 00:17
im definetly fielding my tomb kings for 2 reasons.
1. only fantasy army i have
2. my 2k pt list beat a 4k pt emmpire list in a campaign by a masacre. (my army was dead but so was most of his HA HA HA!

Goldenwolf
06-02-2008, 05:05
Slaanesh I think most people thought Skaven were overpowered in 6th, 7th kind of corrected the ratling gun in the block of clan rats deal that made them a cheese army(forgive the unintended pun).

At large points I would expect both undead armies, Brettonians, and 3 Stank horrors from the Empire will do well.

For Chaos I am guessing that a Tzeentch 19+ Power dice will be tough to defend

Esco Thomson
06-02-2008, 12:48
Skaven might have problems based on not having enough room to deploy.

ZeroTwentythree
06-02-2008, 13:12
I've got a "first thoughts" Skaven list posted here:

http://warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=125563

But it's based on what models I've already got assembled & painted.

If they use 4x6 tables, then I agree with Esco, deployment could be a problem. :eyebrows: I would hope the table size is more like 4x8.

I don't think skaven will do well. I'd rather be fielding 3,500 points of Empire, but I don't have enough of my army finished yet. I think Empire have alot of potential at this point level.

Would it seem strange to say that I think BoC might have some potential?

Phazael
06-02-2008, 17:44
The armies with reliable psychology and hard to break troops (with solid static CR) are the ones that will prevail, just like any other tournament. Beastmen have descent shooting protection, but horrific leadership and no static CR blocks outside of the easily beaten bestigors. Realistically, any army out there needs to be able to beat double stank popemobile empire to be competitive and beasts are at a complete loss against this army.

Bunny Lord
07-02-2008, 19:58
Don't forget about trillions of casting dice can bear out. Also remember that like the 40k ard boyz there may be retarded missions that screw up some armies.