8 Chaos Furies
120 points

Rare: 295 points
Hellcannon
Spell Breaker

PD: 2
DD: 8
Units: 13

Don't know what to do with the spare 33 points. perhaps two more marauder horsemen or a magic banner.

Ethos
06-02-2008, 01:40
First off, nice list.

Second, the second unit of Marauder Horsemen is still 81 points.

Third, any possibilities in making one of those Knights Chosen? And with the War Banner or Banner of Hate-Hate (re-roll break and never lose Frenzy)?

Last, I suppose 5A @ S6 might better than 7+A @ S5 (Beserker Sword on your Juggernaut Champ). The points might have been used elsewhere, as you have done, more wisely.

I still would like one unit of Chosen Khorne if at all possible...

Stonerkid655321
06-02-2008, 01:45
Any thoughts about this one?

Characters: 429 points

Hero of Khorne
Chaos Steed
Gaze of the Gods
Sword of Might
shield
203 points
-General.

Hero of Khorne
Juggernaut
Armour of Damnation
shield
halberd
226 points

I would take a khorn lord on a dragon. He is brutal since the frnzy also effects the dragon, however just be careful he dosent get baited.

Core: 967 points

25 Marauders
Full command
flails
shield
light armour
225 points

4 x 5 Warhounds
120 points

5 Marauder Horsemen
flail,
musician
81 points

5 Marauder Horsemen
flail
musician
85 points

5 Chaos Knights of Khorne
Standard Bearer
230 points

5 Chaos Knights of Khorne
Standard Bearer
230 points

Special: 526 points

Considering you army is fast why take the mauraders? I would drop them for more fast units.

3 Minotaurs of Khorne
Standard bearer, great weapon
203 points

3 Minotaurs of Khorne
Standard bearer, great weapon
203 points

8 Chaos Furies
120 points

Rare: 295 points
Hellcannon
Spell Breaker

PD: 2
DD: 8
Units: 13

Don't know what to do with the spare 33 points. perhaps two more marauder horsemen or a magic banner.

Ithink the hellcannon is a bit overpriced, however it has potentual do do a fair amount of damage. If you droped the mauraders and the hellcannon you could take 2 giants, which I think would be more useful. Also you would have over 100 ponts to spend, which could go on another maurader horseman unit and a dog unit, or go towards a lord on dragon.

nas
06-02-2008, 10:13
Ethos - thanks for the input. I have fixed the points.

I have considered to have one unit chosen, but I think it is a bit overkill to have both warbanner + chosen mark, considering that one of the exalted heroes will be in the unit.

If 5A S6 + 15A S5 + 6 AS4 isn't enough... then I don't know what will be.

I am thinking about dropping 2 furies to 6. That way I can get one unit chosen and have three points over.

Stonerkid - thanks for the input.
I don't own a chaos dragon at the moment, and it will soak up too much points in a 2250 point game. Perhaps for the next tournament.
Also in the tournament only one unit can be large target, so then the hellcannon has to go and I can't have two giants.

The marauders are basically there to act as rear protection for the knight units and also for holding table quarters.

snyggejygge
06-02-2008, 11:47
I would take a khorn lord on a dragon. He is brutal since the frnzy also effects the dragon, however just be careful he dosent get baited.

Nope, Khorne frenzy doesnīt affect mounts of any kind...

I like the army, I think however standards on the minotaurs are a waste of points & just an easy way to give up easy VP for the opponent.

Knights should have musicians, annoying to lose frenzy just because you didnīt have a musician.

Perhaps go for Berserker Sword/ Enchanted shield combo on the jugger rider, lots of Attacks, devastating even if just S5. Or if you want higher S, go for a flail instead so he can reach S7 to crush chariots.