PDA

View Full Version : Mobile combat lizzard army.

Stonerkid655321
05-02-2008, 22:13
Hi, this army is designed to be all mobile close combat. It has lots of hard hitters and expendable units in the form of the skinks.
It has no magic however. This is because I would rather get as many units on the battlefield as possable rather than waste points on scroll caddys who might not be any use anyway. The fact I have no sngle unit crutual to my plan also means he cant go straght for my main unit. My general is expendable sincethe army has such good ld. It will also mean my enemy has wasted points on magic defense. I will quite likely be able to kill his mages as quick as possable anyway. Also there is plenty of army out there who do not even have much magic, mainly dwarfs, khorn, armys with dragons. I will have to hope I dont run into slannesh thow.

I havent worked out points yet. Just theriseing on that units to include.

Lord is oldblood on carnasaur.

Hero is skar vet with jaguar charm to move 18 inches.

Core is hords of skinks with javalins and blowpipes.

Special is krozigor and maby a unit of terradons to march block and kill enemy mages etc.

Rare will be 2 stegadons.

Conotor
05-02-2008, 22:32
You probly want 2 or even 3 units of terradons to take out war machies as all thoes monsters will not like heavy artillery.

I have a list like this as well, but i have some sallies, only 20 skinks, a swarm, and some cavalry.

U have 1 hero choice left. Use it.

Stonerkid655321
05-02-2008, 22:39
You probly want 2 or even 3 units of terradons to take out war machies as all thoes monsters will not like heavy artillery.

I have a list like this as well, but i have some sallies, only 20 skinks, a swarm, and some cavalry.

U have 1 hero choice left. Use it.

2 would be ok. 2 terradon units and 2 kroxigor units.

I like the saurus calvery because of that banner which gives them a charge in the magic phase, however they are quite expensive, and cant charge through skinks like kroxigor can. I think I will go with them, the potentual is so deadly, move up to the flank of a unit, then charge in in the magic phase, deadly.

Sallies are good but they dont fit the theme.

As for that last hero choice, maby a level 1 skink with diadem of power and a dispel scroll. That would be 5 dispel dice a turn and one scroll for a small amount of points.

The army will have a lot of hard hitters, afforded by not going for a slann or loads of magic, and with only skinks as the core. Also my general will have no equipment apart from the mundane stuff, will most likely be double hand weapon or spear. Spear and enchanted sheld might be good.

Another cool thing is I will have loads of skink units to set up so I can see where he sets up his stuff before I deploy my heavy hitters.

Currently army will be.

Saurus oldblood with basic equipment on a carnasaur.

Skar vet with jaguar charm and great weapon.

Skink with diadem of power and dispel scroll.

As many 10 man skink units as possable.

3 terradons.

3 terradons

6 saurus calvery with banner of moving D6 in magic phase.

3 kroxigor.

Stegadon.

Stegadon.

Conotor
05-02-2008, 23:42
As for that last hero choice, maby a level 1 skink with diadem of power and a dispel scroll. That would be 5 dispel dice a turn and one scroll for a small amount of points.

That is 60 points. A pries can only take 50.
A lvl 2 priest with a diadem can provide 3 dispell dice against magic heavy armies or take 6 power if your opponent has no magic.

Alternatively, you could take BSB on a cold one and give all your heroes mark or tepoc.

The army will have a lot of hard hitters, afforded by not going for a slann or loads of magic, and with only skinks as the core. Also my general will have no equipment apart from the mundane stuff, will most likely be double hand weapon or spear. Spear and enchanted sheld might be good.

So far it's about normal amount of combat units for a lizzard amry.
You gotta give your general the 50 or 65 point weopon, to shred infantry or cavalry. He also needs a ward save, and onld ones spawning so he doesn't get cannoned off.

Currently army will be.

Saurus oldblood with basic equipment on a carnasaur.

Skar vet with jaguar charm and great weapon.

Skink with diadem of power and dispel scroll.

As many 10 man skink units as possable.

3 terradons.

3 terradons

6 saurus calvery with banner of moving D6 in magic phase.

3 kroxigor.

Stegadon.

Stegadon.

Looks good, other than the stuff mentioned above.
Keep your general, whoever he is, close to the steggs.

Stonerkid655321
06-02-2008, 00:18
That is 60 points. A pries can only take 50.
A lvl 2 priest with a diadem can provide 3 dispell dice against magic heavy armies or take 6 power if your opponent has no magic.

True, it might be the best solution, he could go for the easy to cast spells. Even against armys with lots of defence there is the chance of a irrisistable force or my opponent rolling a double 1.

Alternatively, you could take BSB on a cold one and give all your heroes mark of tepoc.

A bsb is a bit vurnrable. I dont have the book on me atm so im not sure how it would all go together, however I like the idea of taking mark of tepoc since that way I have a bit of magic defense to dispell say a spell of my choice and a bound item a turn if I leave 3 for the spell and 2 for the item. That would let me have the 3 combat characters. Im not sure where the BSB would go thow, I dont want the saurus calvery to be too much of a target.

So far it's about normal amount of combat units for a lizzard amry.
You gotta give your general the 50 or 65 point weopon, to shred infantry or cavalry. He also needs a ward save, and onld ones spawning so he doesn't get cannoned off.

A ward save would be good, however I dont want to spend too much points on him. The book is back in my home city at the moment so I havent worked out how many points I have to play with.

Looks good, other than the stuff mentioned above.
Keep your general, whoever he is, close to the steggs.

Yeah, they would be quite good as a heavy wedge going down a flank. Ill have to see how it gos.

Stonerkid655321
06-02-2008, 17:52
I think this army is amazing.