PDA

View Full Version : What do you guys think of this for a VC theme?

gorenut
06-02-2008, 10:40
I want to start VC, but don't want to go the evil route. So I was thinking of theming my army to represent an army lead by an angel. Vampires = angels obviously. Skeletons will be the bulk of my force, representing the common folk... not much in the form of fighting prowess.. but granted with holy fervor which induces fear in their opponents and unwaivering faith which helps them fight on even after taking fatal wounds (represented by re-raising spells).

Too far of a stretch?

My other theme was just to go based on a vampire who was on the road to redemption.. so I would limit myself to not having any zombies or ghouls. Only skeletons and wights to represent his faithful soldiers of the past who suffered a Tomb King-esque fate.

theunwantedbeing
06-02-2008, 10:43
Seems fine so long as you keep the theme across the army.

lector#1
06-02-2008, 10:48
yeah it could work but you will have to do alot more explaining when you play games and like the previous post gotta keep it across the whole army i think the second theme is more beleivable and practicle

leo_neil316
06-02-2008, 13:54
Well.... vampires in warhammer don't have to be evil. I mean, most of them -are- evil but thats mainly because the aren't very nice people.

And while necromancy might be frowned upon thats only because most people don't know what the vampires do, there is no afterlife and the souls of the dead are consumed in agony by the chaos gods -unless- someone directly intervenes.

Atleast thats what the libre mortis says ;)

Necromancer2
06-02-2008, 13:58
I like the second theme better.. the first one doesn't fit the models!

guillaume
06-02-2008, 14:11
i think the first theme is good. However you wont have any chance with using just the GW models.

if you really want to go down the angel route, then you'll have to go beyond GW and see what rackham, Privateer Press and the others have.

Otherwise, what you need to do is make that as many of the models are WYSIWYG, and that you change all the names, from the unit names, to the spell names to keep the change constant, so that basically all that you are using are the stats.

The second theme is one that is not far from the book, so it is fine, but certainly not as interesting.

I think that if you want to go angel, you might want to wait for the daemon book. Again just using the stat, slaanesh daemon stats have often been used with angel armies: a massive angel looking over his troop of little angel, and since slaanesh is pretty fast, and angels have wings...well that works better.

willowwing
06-02-2008, 15:50
In INdy GT's you'll be fine and if original ideas and the theme is used it would work very well. The Hillbilly Invitational a very large Indy would applaud you for changing things. There were some amazing armies there last year but due to GW's GT most of those wouldnt be allowed to play...(not GW models) Reaper has some cool models for your idea and for regular VC as well I hope GW changes the skeleton horses they look horrible the reaper ones are awesome. Post some pictures when you get a chance. You could even sculpt robes on the skeletons and have templar type shields for them.

The_Dragon_Rising
06-02-2008, 17:21
For angels you could convert the 40K celestine model and then use say bret peasents as your "skeletons". I think it could work but only if you are good at converting.

marneus54
06-02-2008, 17:37
That's a pretty cool idea. Eager to see what this angel would look like.

gorenut
06-02-2008, 17:39
Thanks for all the input. Yea, I obviously won't be using the regular undead line to represent the angel idea. For simplicity sakes, I'm using only skeletons and wights for the Angel army so it'll be easier for my opponent. I might even go as far as using converted Men at Arms to represent the peasants. They have about the same statlines. The wights would be constructed out of more soldierly looking models (heavy armor and great weapons).

I'm still up in arms with all of this, so we'll see. Thanks for all the input so far.