PDA

View Full Version : 2k vamps rough list

lector#1
06-02-2008, 15:24
this is a rough list as i havent seen the army book yet but what im aiming at is

vamp lord with dreadknight, the red fury the dreadlance and some protective stuff. joins black knights 6by 2 ranks
2 vamps at level 1 with some CR gear joins unit of skelies/zombies
possibly necromancer level2
2x30 skelies or zombies with fc
4x 5 dire wolves
11 black knights, fc
5 blood knights, fc
3 spirit hosts or lots of bats

what im aiming at is a fast paced army not really going to rely on summoning units

black knights with the vampire lord will run down the middle with the wolves sheilding the unit and other dogs sheilding the blood knights and then if the wolves are still alive use them to flank charge the units my big units charge

what do you think

Maximus Lucifer
06-02-2008, 15:31
your missing one compulsory core unit...
And the wolves are only good as screeners nothing else...so i think 4 units is too much

Mouldsta
06-02-2008, 15:45
Not a fan of the dreadlance, they autohit, but a vampire with a normal lance is WS 7 anyway. I'd personally have Infinite Hatred, as it's much cheaper.

You can't join zombies, and necromancers are lv1 (but can buy extra spells - stuck with generating 1 Pd though).

You won't be able to fit everything you want in - as already stated you have 1 core less than you need, and just adding up the stuff you have named (without additional magic items, banners, barding etc) you're looking at over 2K easily.

I'd probably drop the dreadlance, lose a rank of black knights, drop the spirit hosts and pick up another core.

lector#1
06-02-2008, 16:17
what item gives him the extra attack per kill he gets???

ill keep the dread lance like the auto hits and when he is generating so many hits he can kill lots more
as for core im used to high elves which is why i only stuck in 2 units of skelies so easy fix divide them up into 3 units of 20.
taking the black knights down to about 5 but isnt that a bit small either way im running them in a line of 6 wide including the lord.
possibly 3 necromancers or 2 necros and a vampire???
and taken the dire wolves down to 2 units of 5

Jack of Blades
06-02-2008, 16:24
Oh, so you're after that combo.

Dreadlance
Wristbands of Black Gold
Red Fury
Dread Knight
Walking Death/Beguile (Beguile can be useful even though you're wounding on 2+)

lector#1
06-02-2008, 16:28
is it worth making that lord a level 2 or 3 wizard aswell or is that too much points because at the moment i see that character comming in at 350-400 points and then plus some necros or vamps to add in some magic my be half my army so ill have to have 2 elite units of blood dragons and black knights 5 of each with dogs screening them 3x 20 skelies with fc and then some bat swarms or fell bats for some extra speed and flanking???

The_Dragon_Rising
06-02-2008, 17:18
is it worth making that lord a level 2 or 3 wizard aswell or is that too much points because at the moment i see that character comming in at 350-400 points and then plus some necros or vamps to add in some magic my be half my army so ill have to have 2 elite units of blood dragons and black knights 5 of each with dogs screening them 3x 20 skelies with fc and then some bat swarms or fell bats for some extra speed and flanking???

The best way in my opinion to use vamps is to either go for magic or combat. Combat heavy you will generally only get a few spells off- or you could put PD into a coach IIRC so for a dread lance guy i would say no magic level gain.