PDA

View Full Version : Psi-titans?

Ninjaguiden
06-02-2008, 17:03
I have heard of this brand of titans before, but I can't remember where or anything much about them.

I only know that they are crewed by psychers and should be pretty rare. Any info or tips where to find info is greatly appreciated.

Mechanicus
06-02-2008, 17:14
They use psychic weaponry mounted on a Warlord chassis, I believe. It's not so much that the crew are all psychic (though some might be - I haven't got the material to hand, but I can check), and the princeps and moderati probably wouldn't be. Knowingly, at least. :D

The information is from Adeptus Titanicus, way back from the late eighties, though references have been made since then. ;)

Bregalad
06-02-2008, 17:17
Here is a "Psi-Titan" of the Eldar:
http://uk.games-workshop.com/storefront/store.uk?do=Individual&code=99110304028&orignav=300808

Ninjaguiden
06-02-2008, 17:17
They use psychic weaponry mounted on a Warlord chassis, I believe. It's not so much that the crew are all psychic (though some might be - I haven't got the material to hand, but I can check), and the princeps and moderati probably wouldn't be. Knowingly, at least. :D

The information is from Adeptus Titanicus, way back from the late eighties, though references have been made since then. ;)

Thank you for clearing that up, I thought that psi-titans used a chassis of their own. Would that psychic weaponary be anything like what the Eldar use on their Warlock class titans?

Mechanicus
06-02-2008, 18:08
Something similar, but definitely less advanced. The Eldar are almost unparalleled in warp technology, so I don't expect the Mechanicus to know nearly as much.

After checking, there isn't anything more to do with the psy-titans themselves apart from the fact that they operate from a secret Forgeworld near Mars, but I have found a picture (http://www.collecting-citadel-miniatures.com/wiki/images/thumb/b/bc/Limited_Release_-_Epic_Imperial_PSI_Titan.jpg/398px-Limited_Release_-_Epic_Imperial_PSI_Titan.jpg) of the Psi-Titan, on a beetleback Warlord chassis. :)

Ninjaguiden
06-02-2008, 18:22
Something similar, but definitely less advanced. The Eldar are almost unparalleled in warp technology, so I don't expect the Mechanicus to know nearly as much.

After checking, there isn't anything more to do with the psy-titans themselves apart from the fact that they operate from a secret Forgeworld near Mars, but I have found a picture (http://www.collecting-citadel-miniatures.com/wiki/images/thumb/b/bc/Limited_Release_-_Epic_Imperial_PSI_Titan.jpg/398px-Limited_Release_-_Epic_Imperial_PSI_Titan.jpg) of the Psi-Titan, on a beetleback Warlord chassis. :)

Nice find! I suppose the only place you could get that model would be ebay though;).

Mechanicus
06-02-2008, 18:33
Yeah, it wasn't on sale for long IIRC. I remember once reading a topic on Epicomms (or was it the old SG Epic forums?) about how people had only seen psi-titans once or twice on ebay, and they had never been able to buy them when they did, mainly because of the insane prices they went for. :)

Still - you might be lucky; and in the end, you can always just make your own onto a modern Warlord model and proxy it, though I'm not sure if the rules are still out there. :)