Gandalf the Grey = 170

Fiefdoms:
Forlong the Fat = 60
10 Knights of Dol Amroth = 90
10 Rangers of Gondor + Spears = 90
10 Men-At-Arms + Pikes = 90

Rodman49
06-02-2008, 21:26
Pretty good army, I would use a Dol Amroth Captain rather than Forlong the Fat just to be character. Possibly ditch some rangers for a bannerman also.

Kroot Lord
08-02-2008, 13:42
Interesting list, that is for sure! Never even thought of adding Gandalf to the Fiefdoms, mainly because it already is such an expensive army with so few models.

I would personally drop Gandalf and Forlong and replace the two with Imrahil on horse and 3 Knights on horse (Dol Amroth ofcourse) and then with the points left getting some more Knights on foot.

Hoggle_Moggle
09-02-2008, 18:36
Imrahil won't fare well in this force, his killing capabilities won't be needed as I can kill enemy heroes with the help of GtG, and in combat I shouldn't do bad since Forlong and Gandalf will be sitting on 3-4 S5 strikes towards the enemy, and in general I'll have my front lines be 3 attackers!

His special rule doesn't interest me either, argue if you want, But I'd rather take Gandalf! in addition I won't be needing calvary, cause really, my army is anti calvary, and those knights aren't really worth the points so I'm not needing them!

rodmillard
09-02-2008, 19:12
If you're going anti-cavalry you may want to consider Radagast rather than Gandalf - I use him with my Rangers of Ithilien force quite a lot, and it works well...

Kroot Lord
10-02-2008, 07:21
Rod, that would mean losing Blinding Light and Sorcerous Blast though, which is quite good for this force.

Hoggle, I'm not going to argue if you really don't want Imrahil or Knights. So what where you looking for then?