PDA

View Full Version : Sabertooth Games to close?

daarklight
06-02-2008, 19:53
Just a thought - if BL Publishing is closing Black Industries, what are the odds of Sabertooth Games being given the same treatment?

Although they've had moderate success with UFS recently, they've been dogged by poor selling games - Lord of the Rings TMG, 40K CCG relaunch, WarCry.

selfconstrukt
06-02-2008, 20:40
Could happen, but Sabertooth also makes games from other genres, not just GW stuff.

It would depend on whether or not the other products sell well enough to keep them going.

If the GW product they make, like the CCgs does not sell well, GW could cut Sabertooth loose, then they could just carry on with their other games.

lorelorn
07-02-2008, 07:06
I'm surprised that Sabertooth has outlasted Black Indstries, given that BI actually sold products that people wanted to buy.

Osbad
07-02-2008, 08:28
All the games based on 40k, WFB and LotR licences are closing. This was announced a good few months back. All that remains is their generic CCG. Can't remember the name now, but if you go to the Sabretooth website (Google for it) you can read the story there.

Brother Loki
07-02-2008, 08:31
UFS has been a massive success (at least it sold truckloads at our FLGS), even though their 40k related games haven't. They can pretty much keep pumping out expansions for that with different console game characters indefinitely.

scarletsquig
07-02-2008, 08:38
I thought Sabertooth had already cancelled the CCGs?

Didn't even realise the company still existed.

Glabro
07-02-2008, 10:04
They cancelled everything interesting, and kept their generic fighting game, which is apparently more popular with the masses.

40K CCG was a real loss, Warcry can still be played though.

Brandir
07-02-2008, 10:59
It wouldn't surprise me if Sabretooth and the other subsidiaries closed in the next few years. None of them offer more than a few pence to GW's bottom line.

Son of Morkai
08-02-2008, 02:02
Sabertooth is really bad about keeping their Scout/Playtester lists up to date. :p So despite not having done any demos/tournaments/playtesting for several years, I decided to check on things...

Looks like they're going strong and don't plan on shutting down anytime soon.

Stella Cadente
08-02-2008, 07:35
I played sabertooths little 40k card game...........its terrible, nobody plays it anyway, so who cares if that goes, sabertooth itself won't go as they do other games, but if they lose there ability to make games based off GW's games, who cares

Brother Loki
08-02-2008, 11:08
Actually I quite liked the 40k card game, in all its incarnations. And it did give us some wonderful artwork and insights into things that hadn't been covered before, especially in the Horus Heresy.