PDA

View Full Version : Is this too mean? Lizardmen 3000

Malorian
06-02-2008, 20:42
Normally I've been trying to go for no magic, but lately I've been taking a lot of damage from magic heavy armies and I thought it was time to show them what magic heavy was.

This is what I put together to take on armies like DE, HE, WE, Empire, and Tomb kings.

2nd Gen Slann w/ ASB, diadem of power, plaque of tepok, protection 585
Lvl 2 skink priest w/ rod of the storm 135
Lvl 2 skink priest w/ blood statuette of spite 130
Lvl 2 skink priest w/ dispel scroll 125
Lvl 2 skink priest w/ dispel scroll 125

20 Temple guard w/ full command 395
20 Saurus w/ full command 270
20 Saurus w/ full command 270
10 skinks w/ scout 70
10 skinks 60
10 skinks 60
10 skinks 60

4 kroxigor 232
6 chameleon skinks 90

3 salamanders 195
3 salamanders 195

Total = 2997 PD: Up to 22 DD: Up to 10

I realize I could have gotten even more magic into it, but figured this was enough while still having a solid core.

Conotor
06-02-2008, 21:25
Is protection plack the 2+ ward? If it isn't, u need that one.

Your slann is alowed to carry 100 points of items + any standard. The standard does not count for the limit! Give him totem of prophasy, otherwise a 30 skeleton unit might auto-break you! Id also give the TG standard bearor Huanchis totem, of the -1 to hit one.
I usu8aly put a vet with gleaming pendent in the TG. If u put skinks in front of them, the combat will be fout on your turn and u can halberd down any cavalry charge.

You sarrus warriors should all be spawned of quetzle. It is by far the best spawning, and easily worth it's points.

In my oppinion, skink priests are useless after u have a 2nd gen slann. Thay each get 1 2 dice cast. The slann can have 6 2 dice casts. If u still want them, at least drop one for a JSOD.

Camelion skinks suck. traid them for terradons. Without any terradons, cannon balls, repeater bots, and screeming skulls will be passing over you skinks from thair hill and crushing your infantry blcks for at least 4 turns. Id actualy drop a unit of sallies as well, as all this magic will finish off your main targets quickly, and take 2 units of terradons.

I can't emphasise the terradons enouf. They own, especialy in combination with a jaguar sarrus.

Malorian
06-02-2008, 21:35
The protection plaque is the 2+ ward one.

I didn't have enought points for banners or spawnings.

I want to be a magic heavy as possible in this list and those skinks aren't worthless, those unlimited range bolts that ignore armor saves are great, and don't foget D3 rerolls.

I know of the JSoD and of the gleaming pendant, but as said before I want to be as magic heavy as possible.

Chameleon skinks are great. My Terradons have let me down in the last couple of games so they are taking a breather. And those warmachines will be in trouble when I'm hitting them with magic and acid breath on turn 2... ; )

Stonerkid655321
06-02-2008, 23:04
I would lose the infantry and take more skinks. I would also take anoter unit of salamanders or a stegadon. I wold also take a saurus hero with movement 9. Terradons and kroxigor are also good.

Conotor
06-02-2008, 23:21
What can camo skinks do? They suck in combat, can't hit war machies due to randomiseing, and are worse then skink scout in many other ways.

Stonerkid655321
06-02-2008, 23:28
What can camo skinks do? They suck in combat, can't hit war machies due to randomiseing, and are worse then skink scout in many other ways.

I agre. I say go with terradons.

Malorian
07-02-2008, 05:34
Stonerkid: I can't, the slann counts as a rare so I'm maxed out as it is. I also tried the terradons today and they failed me again. Mean while the camo skinks slowed up a big unit of wardancers and a treeman, allowing me to concentrate on the rest of the army.

Conotor: They can deploy closer and easier than scouts and if nothing else, they can take out warmachines by charging them. Personally though I use them more to mainly march block and act as a distraction.

Conotor
07-02-2008, 15:27
Stonerkid: I can't, the slann counts as a rare so I'm maxed out as it is. I also tried the terradons today and they failed me again. Mean while the camo skinks slowed up a big unit of wardancers and a treeman, allowing me to concentrate on the rest of the army.

Fly in at a cannon, take 1 death, use your general to hold and slauter the crew. Heavy shooing can sometimes stop u, but it's worth it when it works.

Conotor: They can deploy closer and easier than scouts and if nothing else, they can take out warmachines by charging them. Personally though I use them more to mainly march block and act as a distraction.

I guess thay are ok if u want to march block, but they can only take out gobbo war machies. Humans will often fight them down, as will dwarves. You loose your outnumbering rather fast with so few modles.

Malorian
07-02-2008, 15:45
Cannons are one thing, but I face a lot of archers/handgunner/and repeater crossbowmen... I've found that a flying skink chief hiding in a skink unit works better.

Oh they've killed their fair share of human and elve warmachines : ) I'd never be crazy enough to charge dwarves though...