PDA

View Full Version : 1000 point Chaos Dwarf (first try)

SkawtheFalconer
07-02-2008, 18:50
Hi all.

I'm a little new at the Big Hats (this will be my first game with them), although I'm an experienced Warhammer player. I'm playing my friends wood elves - he and I have been friendly rivals for about 12 years, and all that time I've played Wood Elfs - he's finally come over to the Green Side! It will be his first game with them too, and I don't know what he's taking. This is what I was tinkering with. (Apologies for lack of points values - I'm doing this from memory)

CD Hero, Shield, Heavy Armour, Handweapon
CD Wizard Lvl 2, 1 DS

19 Warriors (housing the Hero, and probably the wizard as well), full command, hand weapons, shields
15 Blunderbuses (wizard might go here - unit will camp in front of infantry blocks in three ranks)
10 Hobgoblin Wolf Boys, Bows, Light Armour, Shield

2 Hobgoblin Bolt Throwers
15 Orcs (Boys), full command, shields

5 Bull Centaurs, Champion, Heavy Armour.

Total - 1000

I haven't gone for an Earthshaker because I wanted a quick and hard unit to get in amongst the inevitable glade guard (same principle for the wolf boys). The centaurs would also do well against Dryads. Other than that, I basically wrote the army list based on what models I have, but I have a few other CD bits, and could use stand ins if I needed to.

Any thoughts? Any and all input appreciated.

Fusarius
07-02-2008, 19:57
why only five wide with the blunderbi? any unit to the front of them is in their 12" "fire zone", so potentialy you could have them fireing on several units at once!

CD looks like such an awsome army! sucks that they dont model it anymore

otherwise the army looks aces to me
Fus

wizzbang_tps
08-02-2008, 09:48
I would gladly redirect you to http://www.chaos-dwarfs.com/forum/ if you haven't registered there already. Lots of CD generals there willing to help you get started.

As a CD player myself I think this is a great army to get yourself started. Maybe free some points for a few vanilla Hobbo's at 2 points each they are very good meat screens or table quarter contesters or just to irritate your opponent :)

SkawtheFalconer
08-02-2008, 10:05
The reason I went for 5 wide is that two ranks means they fire at S5, although I take your point - and against Wood Elves, I may be able to get away with a longer line at S4, if it targets more models.

wizuriel
08-02-2008, 14:00
might want some more blunderbusses. TIme you read the woodelves will take some casualties and only be at S4 shots (which should still crush elves)

edit: hobo don't count towards core so aren't you short on core units?

Lord Khabal
08-02-2008, 14:11
Why not take the centaur hero character? put him the 1+ AS armour + gauntlet + additional hw and you've got a fast moving machine of destruction!
And play with the earthshaker. It's the best thing in the CD list.

SkawtheFalconer
08-02-2008, 17:54
Thanks all!

Wizzbang - I'll definitely be checking out that forum. I don't actually have any hobgoblin warriors atm, but I think I'm going to use gnoblars as stand ins in future (they're both from up north!). I am beginning to think they're a more attractive option than the wolf boys - a minimum unit size of 10 makes them more pricey than I'd like.

Wizuriel - My blunderbusses and Warriors make the 2 core units you need at 1000 points. I'll see how the blunderbusses perform, and may sacrifice some orcs to get more BB!

Khabal - I just can't justify buying him at 1000 points. That's a great combo for 2k though, and I'll definitely try him out!