PDA

View Full Version : chaos deamons 500 pt fun army

mark.
08-02-2008, 12:01
1 exalted deamon 230
7 furies 105
5 screamers 165

total=500

I have already got the deamon + the furies, should I buy some screamers to make this? It seems to me an unconventional but fun list!

mark.
12-02-2008, 09:12
Anybody can tell? Thanks!

complexfire
12-02-2008, 14:30
Well for such a small army it is hard.. But it would be very unconventional and I think fun and hard to play against.. Just watch out for shooting! But thats all Deamons.. Remember the new deamon book is coming out too.. and they should make this little army better.

mark.
22-02-2008, 15:50
I cant wait :)

TIZNE
22-02-2008, 17:29
Hey, looks fun.

Remember that skirmishers doesn't negate raks when they flak or rear charge, they only get the CR bonuses. That leads to... you have only 13 models, static combat resolution will be much more than an issue.

That daemon have neither an armor save, nor a ward save per se. Statistically you are only saving 1 of every 3 mundane hits. You are spending almost half of your points in a single model, and if you ask me I would say that fielding a daemon at such low points it's either corageous or rash. I don't want to sound mean, just give it a second thought. How about an exalted champion on Disk with chalice of chaos? Sure it cost more, but it will be harder to kill. First, drop a screamer, then:

Exalted Chaos Champion 262 Pts
Mark of Tzeentch; Lore of Tzeentch; Chaos Armour; Flail;
Chalice of Chaos
Disc of Tzeentch
Enchanted shield

Wo and T is one less point than the daemon, but with that flail he hits really hard, has a good armor save, and is a Lv 2 sorcerer of Tzeentch, with chances of getting yellow or orange fire.
What do you think? Am I spoiling the fun?

mark.
23-02-2008, 14:03
Hm that is indeed an interesting option, trading the screamer, terror, W and T for a lvl 2 wizard, better armor and more hitting power, I will certainly consider this :)

blue penguin
23-02-2008, 17:25
i like your army, it looks rather....i can't find the right word, but i think i might try it sometime. i have played 500pts daemons, personally i would change the screamers for plaguebearers or daemonettes(maybe bloodletters, but i don't like khorne) for better punch, but that's just me. this is one of my lists:

exalted daemon with diabolic splendour
10 daemoneettes
6 furies

Big TM
23-02-2008, 20:19
you could try the daemon legion list, Ive attached it. If u used it you cold use a herald instead of exalted. If from HOC Id use the exalted champ with chalice

vicent valentine
24-02-2008, 10:13
you can try to use flesh hounds of korne...i really like them....they have got a lot of A and magic resistant.....and they are also fast cavallery

mark.
24-02-2008, 10:34
I actually wanted to have a 100% flying army, because the plan was to charge with all my units into the most important unit, breaking and destroying it, so the rest of the enemy is taken care of easily, if I take one slower unit I won't be able to use it for this plan, plus it will be vulnerable for missile fire.

Oh and thanks for that deamonic legion list, +1 leadership and 5+ save against magic would be a nice bonus.

Neknoh
24-02-2008, 10:53
You could also go for:

Exalted Champion of Chaos, Mark of Slaanesh
Steed of Slaanesh, Challice of Chaos, Flail, Shield. He's 50 points cheaper than the Tzeentch version, have no magic but a 20" charge range.
Instead of Screamers, I'd then go for Mounted Daemonettes instead of Screamers, simply because they break ranks and dish out more hurt.

Otherwise, Khornate Exalted on a Jugger and Fleshhounds would work as well.

mark.
25-02-2008, 08:29
Hm yes, steeds of slaanesh would be just as fast, the only thing is that I wanted to have a 100% flying army, it would be fun to play and if I have one unit of ground moving and the rest of the army flying, I would still be vulnerable to missile fire.