PDA

View Full Version : Bitz Barons...We're Saved...By the French???

PierceC
08-02-2008, 14:38
Well I had posted this in one of the thread but I think that its been lost for some time.

If you are like me and you had loads of bitz that you wanted to get, but procrastinated, then I have some news to make your day :D

Just called GW France, had a conversation with one of their order takers, and bitz order is continuing until 13 February 2008!!!

That's right, for the first time ever, the French have actually saved the day. And I will tell you now, if you do speak English there is no need to find someone who speaks French, apparently most of the staff are bi-lingual (speak English as well as French)

So I would recommend everyone get in their quickly before it is actually too late.

Vic
08-02-2008, 15:20
I dunno, we are talking about the French....You sure they wont just surrender BEFORE we get there? (apologies to my French bretheren but I couldnt help it).

blongbling
08-02-2008, 15:32
wow, a whole 5 days....

Harry
08-02-2008, 16:07
When was the deadline here? (UK)

PierceC
08-02-2008, 17:31
The deadline has already pasted in the US/UK/Canada/Germany

Bregalad
08-02-2008, 17:53
It is NOT the first time, the French GW saved the day. They are the customer friendliest GW, have good conversions online, had for a long time the best advance announcments (until recently).

DarkWarrior1981
08-02-2008, 18:10
The deadline has already pasted in the US/UK/Canada
That is correct.

Germany
This ist not correct, GW Germany also extend this service till Feb 13. I got a GW newsletter some hours ago saying the same thing as the french mail order.:)

EmperorNorton
08-02-2008, 18:13
This ist not correct, GW Germany also extend this service till Feb 13. I got a GW newsletter some hours ago saying the same thing as the french mail order.:)

All the bits have disappeared from the German online store, though. So how would I go about ordering specific bitz?

Temprus
08-02-2008, 19:51
That is correct.

Actually, it is not correct. US (and I believe UK/CA too) is also Feb 13th but all of them are Direct Services orders only (i.e. by phone).

All the bits have disappeared from the German online store, though. So how would I go about ordering specific bitz?

As long as you can describe the bits you need well enough, they can look them up on their computer/lists/whatever. Be warned, some bits are already gone for good as that particular branch of GW might be out of them.

Marshal Argos
09-02-2008, 08:16
That would be great if France really saved the day, but in my experience with them they won't ship anything to outside of France. As in the UK and Germany will ship anywhere in the EU, but France, Spain, and Italy will only ship to their own countries. The last time I tried to have Spains GW ship me something here to Germany (about a month ago) they said they couldn't, but of course I could come and pick it up at any GW Spain.