PDA

View Full Version : This Just In! Archers Own Yetis!

TheRaven
09-02-2008, 01:36
So I was at my local GW store this week for some 1,000 point fantasy games and I was facing my first Ogre Kingdoms opponent. I got my **** handed to me because my magic heavy army failed to really do much (Sooooo many failed wounds!) but there was some good that came out of the match.

My high ELF army crumbled when my sword masters were swarmed and beaten. A 2 man Yeti unit (Formerly 3) overran into my unit of 10 archers with command on a hill. The following combat 4 archers died but they struke back causing 2 wounds winning the combat! The Yetis held. Next combat phase I caused a single wound and took none myself forcing the remaining Yeti to flee! The next turn the Yeti rallied but was shot down by 3 wounds on a good turn of shooting from that unit. And the lowly high elf archers effectively handed a unit of Yetis their rear ends.

The battle was still lost but I consider that a minor victory, especially since my opponent scoffed at me taking archers :)

speedygogo
09-02-2008, 03:47
That's awesome!

Philhelm
09-02-2008, 04:15
This reminds me of a time when a unit of skinks defeated a Khorne Lord riding a monster (forget what it was). This was back in 5th edition, when those Khorne generals had a billion attacks. It was such an awesome moment, especially when he got run down and killed.

Khorghan
09-02-2008, 05:00
This reminds me of a time when a unit of skinks defeated a Khorne Lord riding a monster (forget what it was). This was back in 5th edition, when those Khorne generals had a billion attacks. It was such an awesome moment, especially when he got run down and killed.

exept that is so much more rediculous!