PDA

View Full Version : Lizardmen. Dinosaurs!!!!!!!!!

Stonerkid655321
09-02-2008, 16:48
I have the list now.

2000points.

Saurus oldblood, spear, light armor, enchanted sheld, itzl, old ones, tepok, aura of quetzi.
Carnosaur.

Scar vetran, great weapon, jaguar charm, light armour, tepok.

Skink priest, diadem of power.

10 skinks, scouts.

10 skinks.

10 skinks.

10 skinks.

10 skinks.

6 saurus calvery, musician, standard bearer, huanchi totem.

3 kroxigor.

3 terradons.

Stegadon.

Stegadon.

Koboid
09-02-2008, 17:29
One, you need a salamanders unit instead of one of the stegadons.

Two, you should get atleast 1 skink priest with 2 dispel scrolls.

guillaume
09-02-2008, 17:53
okay, I have to say this is a strange lizardmen lists.

Remember that skirmishers can be march-blocked in 7ed wfb. The whole skink horde was great in 6th ed, but not anymore.

I'd say no more than 4 units. Also you must absolutely must make 1 or 2 units scouts. The tactical advantage is undeniable.

You are also not using the best core infantry unit in the game. The saurus have two attacks each, with St4 and T4 and cold blooded. Saurus units rarely break from combat. A 20 strong unit with full command can dish out 11 attacks at st4, which is a lot more than any other infantry units. I often take 2 units to act as a very strong center, with the kroxigors and the cavalry hitting the sides.

2 units of terradons, is okay, but again I would take only 1 unit. Scout skinks are much better at taking warmachines and blocking the marches of your opponent's units and much cheaper

skink priest: an absolute must: skink level 2 with diadem of power can pack 5 dispel dice a turn, again far more than any single level 2 wizard in the game.

2 stegadons is overkill. 1 unit of 3 salamanders, well again, this is one of the best unit in warhammer, and one of the most feared. Put this babies in forests and watch T3 units flee from panic.

Stonerkid655321
09-02-2008, 17:57
The 2 stgadons are there because althow salamanders are better I am doing a themed army. If I wanted to win I would take a slann and salamanders.

After thinking about what it will be like fighting ogres and VC(or anyone wih magic infact) I have decided to drop a terradon unit and take a priest with diadem of power so I have 7 dispel dice a turn. Should be intresting.

I also gave a unit the scout ability.

Saurus are pooh. They are too slow and too expensive, my almost everyone I face will out shoot me meaning they will be ignored whale my opponent kills my fast stuff, then killed later after my other stuff are dead.

Oenghus
09-02-2008, 20:00
That looks a lot like the list I posted a couple of days ago -- in some respects, anyway. :)

I'd argue that you should have a unit of saurus in this army, if only to give the JSoD a nice stable platform from which to launch himself. Otherwise he's going to have to hide in a skink unit, and they're too easily shot to pieces to be a safe place. Or, so I hear.

Stonerkid655321
10-02-2008, 00:50
That looks a lot like the list I posted a couple of days ago -- in some respects, anyway. :)

I'd argue that you should have a unit of saurus in this army, if only to give the JSoD a nice stable platform from which to launch himself. Otherwise he's going to have to hide in a skink unit, and they're too easily shot to pieces to be a safe place. Or, so I hear.

That unit would be far too expensive and slow, it would also mea the character has to kill more to justify its use. At the moment he can try and keep himself safe then mage hunt or support where needed.

Conotor
10-02-2008, 02:36
Priest with diadem is 100 points.

Scar vet needs light armore.

Stonerkid655321
10-02-2008, 03:07
Priest with diadem is 100 points.

Scar vet needs light armore.

Cheers, I wrote sheld insted of light armour.

This army looks fun, unique and challenging to play. Plus it has 3 big dinosaurs, I will definatly buy it tommorow. Plus in the new book it wont be nerfed so bad since they will no doubt be doing most of the nerfing to slann and salamanders, althow its likely the jaguar charm will be more expensive or taken away.