PDA

View Full Version : Painting difficulty

right eye
09-02-2008, 19:07
Well Im looking to but anther army, and suffice to say Im new to painting and not very good, and i was wondering what your opinions are on which army is easier to paint/model a dwarf army of a wood elf

Ex-Blueshirt
09-02-2008, 19:21
Depends, a wood elf army with lots of tree spirits is dead easy to paint. Personally i hate painting dwarfs, wich is a shame because i love the army.

Urgat
09-02-2008, 20:56
Khemri is probably the easiest army to paint, if you ask me.

Frep
09-02-2008, 21:09
I kinda like painting my dwarfs. It's easy to go back and take a table top standard model and add to it to make it look extra special, by going back over all of the details.

Nephilim of Sin
09-02-2008, 22:26
Probably a Dwarf army, if those are your two choices. Basically, they are beard and metal, with a little bit of flesh/cloth, which with a little practice you can create some good effects. That, and unless you are working with slayers, you have very little flesh that needs to be covered. They really do have some fun models to paint too.

Depending on your army build, you won't need to paint that many of them either, compared to a lot of the other armies.

Frep
10-02-2008, 00:38
OF course if you don't like painting beards/hair, dwarfs are extremely frustrating, I know my brother's fear of painting skaven cause him to go brettonian instead (kind of a big switch wouldn't ya say?).

TheLionReturns
10-02-2008, 01:47
Glade Guard can be a pain, lots of detail so they take quite a while. As has been mentioned, however, dryads are probably one of the quickest and easiest to paint. Also WE army has quite a low model count which may be a bonus. Can't really comment on drawfs I'm afraid.

Stormbrow II
10-02-2008, 01:54
None of you have had to paint HE cavalry have you?
*huddles in a corner*
The gems...oh dear God...the gems...

Horus38
10-02-2008, 05:15
I would pick an army that you enjoy playing on the tabletop or like their background the best. Painting is something that I started out mediocre at and over the years have honed my skills and techniques. It is extremely rewarding to go back and repaint an old unit to bring it up to par.

As to the question: dwarves would be easy i'd imagine if you are a competent inker (using watered down chaos black for example) for their chainmail, beards, etc. WE depends more on what models you're painting out of their army as there's quite the variety.

bluey
10-02-2008, 07:44
i find dwarfs eay to paint but if you want easyness to the max... go for night goblins or TK