PDA

View Full Version : Casket of Souls and Magic Resistance

linvus232
09-02-2008, 21:28
This came up the other day when my opponent (who takes offence at the Casket of Souls) was telling me all about ways of countering it. He pointed out that it would feasibly affect 4 or 5 units, and if 2 or 3 of those units had magic resistance 1 or 2 (a possibility in most books), then that's 2-6 free dispel dice to dispel my 2D6 worth of Casket Incantation. So is his army immune to the Casket?

IronBrother
09-02-2008, 21:42
no he is not immune, he gets the best magic resistance generated by one unit. for example if he had one unit with MR1, another unit with MR2 and say a further unit with MR3 (very few of these around), he would pick which magic resistance he wants to use, generally the better of them. he does not add the dice together. also remember the casket is only effective on units that can draw line of sight to it.

Nurgling Chieftain
10-02-2008, 04:53
The number in the brackets indicates the maximum number of extra dice...
Magic resistance is never cumulative...Rulebook's pretty clear on this one, you get to use the best MR applicable, but never get to double-up MR in any way.

knightime98
10-02-2008, 07:40
IIRC - you get to use the best MR available AND add as many dispel dice as you want that are available from your pool.

Festus
10-02-2008, 08:45
Hi

Yes, that is correct: MR are in addtion to any DD you want to use to dispell the spell, but they can indeed be used on their own if the player so wishes.

Festus